Black & White Tournaments Interest thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
6 level 100 until 1st October oO Is it possible ?
Yes - transfer from a Gen IV cartridge.

Going to order a Flash Cart tomorrow, so I can hopefully participate in this. If it doesn't arrive in time - you will be doing more of these, correct?

As for legal hacks - IMO, only allow them for the Gen 5 Pokemon, as the RNG hasn't been cracked. There are plenty of good Pokemon from the Generation 3/Generation 4 games available if you know where to look.

Yes - transfer from a Gen IV cartridge.

Going to order a Flash Cart tomorrow, so I can hopefully participate in this. If it doesn't arrive in time - you will be doing more of these, correct?

As for legal hacks - IMO, only allow them for the Gen 5 Pokemon, as the RNG hasn't been cracked. There are plenty of good Pokemon from the Generation 3/Generation 4 games available if you know where to look.
You can't transfer from English 4th gen carts though, that's the problem.

I'd like to join, but seeing as my game just shipped today I'm not sure I'll have it by then, nevermind a team worth competing with. I'll lookout for the future though. Also not sure if the times would conflict with me being in the UK and all if there as late as 9:00PM US time.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would also like to mention that Alaka and I are planning on hosting some B/W tournaments as part of the Smogon Live Tournaments, so people should look out for those as well.

Would totally be hype, but no game yet.

You all must continue to host these, the chance to use wi-fi teams will be greatly appreciated.

Due to some unfortunately timed computer issues, Hipmonlee can no longer host this tournament on Friday or Saturday. Instead, Alaka and I will be hosting this tournament, and here is how it will function:

On Friday, October 1, Alaka and I will host Smogon's first Black and White WiFi Tournament series! Here are the rules:

• Single Battle Mode
  • Single Elimination
  • Unrestricted Tiering
  • Miracle Shooter: Off
  • 6v6
  • Level 100 Cap
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Self KO Clause
  • 510 EV Cap
  • Currently unavailable Dream World abilities are banned (the only available Dream World abilities so far are Daruma Mode Hihidaruma, and Telepathy Musharna)
There will be three signup times throughout the day on Friday. In order to not conflict with the Smogon Tour that day, these are the times we have chosen:

• 3:00PM (EST) - Philip7086 and Sonuis
  • 5:00PM (EST) - Alaka and Philip7086
  • 11:00PM (EST) - Alaka
At these times, we will post signups, and participantss will be determined on a first-come-first-serve basis. We will host as many 8-man tournaments as there is demand for at those specific times. For example, if 60 people sign up at 3:00PM, there will be seven 8-man tournaments.

On Saturday, October 2, at a to be determined time, we will host a finals tournament, where the winners of the previous day's tournaments will duke it out to see who can come out on top of them all! At the time of the signups, priority will be given out in this order:

1. Winners of an 8-man tournament on Friday
  2. Runner ups of an 8-man tournament on Friday
  3. Semifinalists of an 8-man tournament on Friday
  4. Participants of an 8-man tournament on Friday
  5. Users who did not participate in an 8-man tournament on Friday
Within these priorities, a secondary priority of first-come-first-serve will also be applied. In other words, if 10 winners of an 8-man tournament on Friday sign up for the finals tournament on Saturday, the first 8 to sign up will be accepted. Depending on the popularity of these tournaments, the finals tournament might be bumped up to a 16 man tournament.

Anyways, that's that! Good luck to all, and I hope you all enjoy this! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)