SM OU Black Rover

Introduction
Hello everyone and welcome where I am showcasing one of my favorite builds right now with one of my favorite cores being Mega-Charizard X and Tapu Fini especially with how well it's doing right now in the current metagame. I remember the start of a brand new meta in the beginning of Sun and Moon with the sudden changes and all the changes that happened throughout the years that made me learn more about the game and understand the rise and falls of many Pokemon throughout the time. Its also amazing for the many friends that I have met throughout my time here and how incredible people they are and would have not be motivated to do this RMT without them, and with that being said I hope you guys enjoy my time.

Teambuilding Process

I started the team with Mega Charizard X and Tapu Fini two mons that compliment each other as the Misty Terrain that Tapu Fini summons is able to block statuses and remove hazards that generally give Mega Charizard X a hard time for setting up. In return Charizard is able to beat the grass types that wall Tapu Fini and use them as set up fodder and try to sweep once set up.

Jirachi was then added for the Healing Wish support it provides that is appreciated by both Charizard and Fini since they both can get worn down pretty easily allowing them to be fully recovered and having another chance, especially Charizard allowing another chance to set up and sweep. Jirachi also provides speed control and a way to check Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele.

Tangrowth provides a secondary way to check Ash Greninja while also gives me a ground resist and a Tapu Koko Answer.

Garchomp provided me a stealth rocker and breaker with Rockium after setting up allowing Charizard have an easier time at sweeping in late games , and also gives me another way to check Heatran. Garchomp also gives me an electric immunity that allows the team not be over whelmed by voltturn teams.

Tornadus-Therian was the final addition to the team as a secondary form of hazard removal with Tapu Fini . It also provided me a defensive pivot against the likes of things such as Kartana and also momentum with U-turn.

In-Depth Look

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
-
Roost
Mega Charizard X is the main win condition in this team able to break through fat team and potentially sweep after giving a chance to set up with Dragon Dance. It's typing allows it to check and set up on many things generally bulky grass types , Kartana , Magnezone , and Volcarona. Flare Blitz is Charizard's main stab and incredibly powerful after +1 being able to dent things that generally can take hits from Charizard before setting up such as non defensive Landorus-Therian , Rotom-Wash, and Mega Latias. Earthquake is used as it is the best move to use against Toxapex , Heatran, Tyranitar, and Mega-Diancie while also letting him hit ground weak steel types, in order to prevent taking damage from recoils, such as Magearna and Magnezone. Roost allows Charizard to recover his health when needed after forcing a switch and restoring it back after taking damage from either recoil or Stealth Rock.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers

Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 40 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness

- Taunt
Tapu Fini is an amazing support for Mega Charizard X with Misty Terain and Defog that helps remove hazards and block statuses for Charizard. Tapu Fini's has an amazing defensive typing with good bulk that allows it to check common threats in Ash Greninja, Heatran, Volcarona and opposing Mega Charizard X. Moonblast allows Tapu Fini to beat Ash Greninja, Hawlucha, Mega Medicham , Kyurem , Hydreigon , and Mega Latios. Nature's Madness lets Tapu Fini to wear down things such as Toxapex, Celesteela , Ferrothorn , Assault Magearna, and Chansey. Taunt shuts down passive Pokemon from trying to recover ,especially after getting hit by Nature's Madness and prevents hazard setters to keep on spamming there hazards into the field. The EV spread for Tapu fini allows it to outspeed adamant Tyranitar and the rest goes into defense to improve at checking Hawlucha and Mega Medicham while having enough to still check Heatran and Ash Greninja.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 176 HP / 80 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Ice Punch

Jirachi gives the team speed control allowing and a bulky steel type to reliably check Mega Alakazam , Tapu Lele , and Magearna. U-Turn lets Jirachi provide momentum to the team and safely pivot out when it faces against Pokemon that generally give it a hard time such as bulky steel types and occasionally ground types, but they most be worried of not switching into Ice Punch. Healing Wish is a useful support that benefits everyone in the team that have a huge impact against the opposing team allowing them to return into the battle fully recovered especially for Charizard letting him get a chance again to set up and sweep when gets worn down. Iron Head give Jirachi the ability to flinch 60% out of the time and help at also checking fairy types and Kyurem-Black or potentially spam Iron head in late game scenarios. The EV spread for Jirachi ensures that it takes two Focus Blast from Mega Alakazam while maximizing speed and the rest on attack.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb

Tangrowth provides the team with a ground resist to keep ground-types under control and as my main answer against Tapu Koko, however, with it's bulk it can also check Ash-Greninja as well in case Tapu Fini needs to be healthy to check something else. Sludge Bomb allows Tangrowth to have a chance at poisoning against Mega Latias with Toxic Spikes support that generally give this team trouble once set up and also helps against opposing Tangrowths, Tornadus-Therian, Tapu Bulu , and Tapu Koko. Knock Off provides a lot of utility in Tangrowth allowing it to remove items against things that may switch into it and weakening foes so teammates can take advantage of it. Hidden Power Ice allows Tangrowth to chip down against Ground Types it check , but most be concerned for a potential Toxic or Z move. Giga Drain is the main form of stab for Tangrowth , gives it recovery and lets it beat most water types.

Garchomp @ Rockium Z

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
Garchomp is an amazing rock setter in the current meta forcing switches and either being able to set up rocks or allowing it to set up Sword Dance that lets it beat Ferrothorn and Clefable much easier. Stone Edge can turn into Continetal Crush and break through the likes against Rotom-Wash, Celesteela, Tapu Fini, and Tapu Bulu while denting against the likes of Clefable , Slowbro , and opposing Tangrowths. Stone Edge also lets it beat defoggers allowing for hazards to stay throughout the game. Garchomp compliments well with Misty terrain as it prevents it from either getting crippled by Will-o-Wisp or put on a timer from Toxic. Garchomp provides another answer to Heatran, and also an electric immunity to ease the matchup against VoltTurn teams. Earthquake is the main stab for Garchomp and deals with Toxapex and Magearna after a Sword Dance

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 88 HP / 164 Def / 32 SpA / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Tornadus-Therian gives me another form of hazard removal with Double Defog that helps Charizard by relieving the pressure from hazards. Tornadus-Therian also forms a regenerator core with Tangrowth and also completes the provided momentum from U-Turn with Jirachi. Tornadus-Therian helps at pivoting against Tapu Bulu, Kartana , and non Explosion scarf Landorus-Therian. Knock off provides the same utility as Tangrowth crippling mons that want to take advantage of Tornadus-Therian. Hurricane is the main form of damage it has against things it can switch against. The EV spread for Tornadus-Therian was one where I found here and what fascinated me the most was that it allowed to live Ice Punch against Mega Medicham, and take an Ice Beam against Protean Greninja.

Threat List

The only time I'm ever concerned about this monster is when my team is beat up and weaken and can use Tornadus-Therian , Tangrowth, and in some scenearios Tapu Fini as setup fodder setting up and potentially sweeping the team depending on the coverage.

Mega Latias with Toxic Spike support is always a bothersome and generally the best way for me to beat it can generally be poisoning it with Sludge Bomb from Tangrowth and keeping Jirachi healthy.

Mega-Mawile just clicks button and should always be pressured otherwise once it gets a free switch it sets up and sweeps especially if hazard are ups.

Even though Tornadus-Therian, Tangrowth , and Charizard keep Kartana in bay if its Z GIga Impact which is pretty common generally can blow through this team especially if Tornadus-Therian is sacced or misses hurricane.

The king of the monster is not as concerning as the threats in this team, but can generally trap many things in my team and pressure them with stone edge, however, if paired with Tapu Bulu it's even scarier since Garchomp's and Charizard's Earthquake get reduced, but Tangrowth can also check it then if not weaken.

This thing is really scary as Mega Mawile , and generally I like to pressure it offensively while also keeping Tapu Fini and Tornadus-Therian as healthy as possible at better at checking this thing before it kills everything on switch.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-927492064#
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-928209728
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-927380245
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-927928399

Shoutouts
So Noisy kudos to you for helping me get most of these replays , your such an amazing person whenever I talk to you , either making laugh with your randomness, or making me happy on how you truly care about how everyone else is doing with IRL stuff, and I am truly glad I met you.

Qplaz your a fun dude to talk to you remind a lot of my closest friend IRL with the randomness you bring wherever you are and always find a way to make me laugh with your Australian stories.

StraightEdgeNexus the shitpost master in our discord server you find some off the best memes ever that are the best for everyone to look at.

For the many people I may have missed I am truly sorry that your not gonna get at least your own shoutout about you, but no matter who you are the time I had with you guys always made me learn more about each of you and made me a better person in real life , especially for those people that decided to stay in my discord server always have a fun time talking to you guys even if you no longer play mons anymore, I am very glad I met you amazing people.
https://pokepast.es/04088bcbcff737d0

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you prefer dragon claw (or other dragon attack) in charizard over roost? I know that you have fini to stop drakes, but with out a stab dragon attack you're not able to deal with most of the dragons in OU, even with one dragon dance boost.

Don't you prefer dragon claw (or other dragon attack) in charizard over roost? I know that you have fini to stop drakes, but with out a stab dragon attack you're not able to deal with most of the dragons in OU, even with one dragon dance boost.
Dragon stab on Charizard X is not really ideal when paired with Fini since it gets weaken from Misty Terrain, which is most likely gonna be up to help Charizard sweep , and in most cases after setting up most dragons have hard time coming in on +1 Flare Blitz especially when rocks are up.

Dragon stab on Charizard X is not really ideal when paired with Fini since it gets weaken from Misty Terrain, which is most likely gonna be up to help Charizard sweep , and in most cases after setting up most dragons have hard time coming in on +1 Flare Blitz especially when rocks are up.
Oh, i undertands. Didn't know that misty surge have that efect over dragon attacks.
One more thing, how would you recommend to start a game?

Oh, i undertands. Didn't know that misty surge have that efect over dragon attacks.
One more thing, how would you recommend to start a game?
What I will recommend in start of games is generally to begin providing momentum to the team with either Tornadus-T or Jirachi , and in most scenarios always analyze the opposing team and predict what they are gonna lead with and to take advantage of it.

What I will recommend in start of games is generally to begin providing momentum to the team with either Tornadus-T or Jirachi , and in most scenarios always analyze the opposing team and predict what they are gonna lead with and to take advantage of it.
Thank ^^
I will try it and comment my experience with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)