Best wall-breaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you think is the best mixed attacker and wall-breaker in the game? Give evidence to support your point.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It depends entirely on what your team needs

Infernape can work pretty well, as can Mixmence, and even CBTar with Aqua Tail

This seems personal rather than trying to spark discussion. =/

We have a guide on wall breaking if you need it.

EDIT: To contribute, Blaziken works well in UU (best with a scarf). Hit's from both sides of the spectrum extremely hard with superb coverage and attacking stats.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
If you are going to start a thread like this, please have put some thought into the OP. It would be better if you said "Who do you think is the best wallbreaker. I think X, Y, Z is for (insert reasonably lengthy reason here), but I was wondering on everyone elses opinions. Just asking a question which is so subjective without actually contributing anything to it is pointless imo. The fact that you are asking others to give evidence without even putting forward your own argument is actually kind of lazy and a tad hypocritical. Now to add positively to this thread, I will write about my favourite two wallbreakers.

DD Salamence w/ Life Orb -

Yeah this is meant to be a lategame sweeper, but I prefer to use it early game to open up massive holes in the opposing team for something like SD Lucario to sweep. The fact that every pokemon in the game is 2HKOed by this means that even if you have to sacrifice it, it may open up the other team to a threat that they previously had covered.

CB Tyranitar -

An oldie but a goodie, I prefer to use it with Aqua Tail over Earthquake. This means that pretty much every pokemon barring Registeel is 2HKOed by one of its moves, including former counters such as Hippowdon. Choice Banded Pursuit is great for mindgames, it can either nail Blissey or it can "scare" it into staying in only to be hit by a Crunch. This is great at opening up sweeps for my special sweepers, and its boosted defense and great coverage makes it one of the best early game offensive weapons imo.

Next time I'll use my head a little more. Are special sweepers not as potent mainly because of blissey? There is no "physical blissey".

Porygon - Z can 2 hit Blissey in some circumstance that I cant remember... Id assume with atk evs and return + ability.

Infernape and Salamence are the most common ones. I've always had a preferance to CBHera personally. There is seriously nothing that can come in on this guy without risking an OHKO (or losing tons of damage).

And siding with everyone else; if you do intend to make a thread in Stark, you should put considerable effort into the OP.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Closing (since I really dislike the OP's attitude so I'm going to remake this thread in a second)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)