Bergmite [QC 0/3]

TheManlyLadybug

Banned deucer.
QC Checks: 0/3 []
GP Checks: 0/2 []
image.jpg
It's a ladybug with an icicle for a hat, HELL YEAH.

Overview
#######

• Decent defense allows it to wall some stuff, especially with its access to reliable recovery.
• Terrible defensive typing gives it weaknesses to common Fighting- and Fire-types.
• Pooped on by most special attackers
• Usable attack, offest by a terrible physical move pool with awful coverage options.
• Can work decently as a Rapid Spinner or staller.
• Abysmal Speed
• Receives heavy competition from other Rapid Spinners and from Defog users.

Support
#######
name: Support
move 1: Rapid Spin
move 2: Recover
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Avalanche
item: Eviolite
ability: Sturdy
evs: 36 Atk / 236 Def / 236 SDef
nature: Relaxed / Sassy
ivs: 0 Spe

Moves
======

• Rapid Spin is the main reason to use Bergmite
• Recover is reliable recovery, always good to have.
• Toxic is for Toxic stalling and crippling defensive pokes
• Avalanche is for a powerful STAB move.

Set Details
=========

• EVs maximize defenses and give it a little extra Attack
• IVs and nature are to make sure Avalanche is at full power as much as possible, while boosting physical bulk
• Eviolite is Eviolite, it boosts defenses dramatically.

Usage Tips
=========

• Its main job, first and foremost, is to Rapid Spin, and should be used as such.
• Bring Bergmite in on physical attackers who can't hit it super effectively.
• Fodder Bergmite if its job is done; however, if the opposing team's hazard setter is still alive, save Bergmite for later(put 'em in your back pocket, he won't melt).

Team Options
==========

• Special walls
• Pokemon that can deal with Fire-, Fighting-, and Steel-types are much appreciated. Examples include Slowpoke, Frillish, and Misdreavus.
• Pokemon who appreciate Rapid Spin support, such as Fletchling and Larvesta, are essential.
• Houndoom can switch into Fire- and Steel-types, KOing the latter.
- Clerics such as Lickitung and Spritzee are much appreciated for healing status.

Other Options
###########

• Curse set
• Hail or Rain Dance with Ice Rock or Damp Rock
• Rock Polish set
• Special attacker
• Gyro Ball
• Rock Tomb
- Return
- SturdyJuice
- On the SJ set, Mirror Coat can be used to get a surprise kill on most of its counters.

Checks & Counters
##############

• Pokemon that carry Fire-type moves such as Fletchling, Larvesta, and Ponyta.
• Common Fighting-types such as Mienfoo, Meditite, Scraggy, Croagunk, and Timburr.
• Steel-types such as Honedge, Pawniard, and Magnemite.
• Strong special attackers such as Abra, Gastly, Misdreavus, and Swirlix.
- Spinblockers such as Misdreavus, Honedge, and Frillish.
- Frillish is its number one counter, blocking Rapid Spin and resisting Avalanche. However, it fears Toxic.
- Status

Last edited:

TheManlyLadybug

Banned deucer.
I could find literally nothing on Bergmite. No previews, almost no viable movesets (I managed to find a couple though), nowhere to start. Ladies and gentlemen, we're building from the ground up.

I will research more on Bergmite, test it out on Showdown, and keep adding to the analysis, I hope others will do the same.

Last edited:

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Since it's main job is to spin away hazards, Ghosts should be in checks and counters. Especially since most of them don't really care about Avalanche.
36 Atk Bergmite Avalanche vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 9-12 (39.1 - 52.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
36 Atk Bergmite Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Honedge: 3-4 (14.2 - 19%) -- possible 6HKO
36 Atk Bergmite Avalanche vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Frillish: 5-6 (20 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

You should mention in the overview that it has a terrible physical movepool and awful coverage options.

Pokemon that can deal with Fire-, Fighting-, and Steel-types are much appreciated.
Maybe you should mention some specific examples such as Slowpoke who resists the three and can use Flamethrower/Fire Blast to kill Steels. It should be aware of Knock Off, Scraggy, Pawniard and Honedge, though.

Under Flash Fire Pokemon mention how that ability is mostly unused as most pokemon who get it have better options, except for Houndour who adds on the Fighting weakness.

A cleric to heal posible Toxics or Burns is appreciated: Spritzee can defeat most Fighting-types but adds on the Steel-types and can't touch Fire-types; Lickitung adds on Fighting weakness but has good Special Bulk.

Special attacker
Ice Beam
Its Special Attack is abysmal, OO is for things that are worth using but outclassed in most situations by the main sets or niche moves that can score a surprise kill.

Try to mention Gyro Ball for another strong attack that benefits from its low speed but adds little coverage. Return can be used for Water-types but its useless against Frillish and other Ghosts. Also Mirror Coat can be abused with SturdyJuice for a surprise kill on Fire Special Attackers.

Super effective priority (Vacuum Wave, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch)
Since you're using 0IVs on speed and -Spe natures everything will go first regardless of its priority tier.

Frillish is its #1 counter as it blocks Rapid Spin, resists Avalanche and all of its coverage options (except for Mirror Coat) and targets its weak SpD, BUT it fears Toxic.

Being a defensive pokemon Toxic is a headache but it's rare on the current fast-paced meta.

Bergmite is cool but very mediocre, sadly.

TheManlyLadybug

Banned deucer.
I'm starting to question Bergmite's viability. Terrible defensive typing, horrible offense stats, bad speed, putrid Special Defense. Even with its solid physical defense, common Fighting-types can OHKO or 2HKO it. If I was going to choose a Rapid Spinner, I would choose Starmie in a heartbeat most of the time, and I would almost never consider Bergmite for my team.

Anyway I'm going to give up this analysis b/c of a combination of inexperience in the current LC meta, the fact that I think Bergmite doesn't deserve an analysis, and the fact that I'm busy working on analyses for UU and I'm more interested in that right now. Anyone can take over this if they want, but come prepared with a valid argument as to why it deserves an analysis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)