Battles for Charities

Well I have a suggestion to instill a new program that streams WiFi or PO tournaments to raise money and the likes for charities and so that kids / adults less fortunate than us may play Pokemon and enjoy everyday life as we do. Similar to the concepts TheSpeedGamers use, we stream tournaments on WiFi or in real life and you are given the option to pledge and raise money for a selected charity of that specific tournament.

The rules and regulations of each tournament may range from VGC tournaments to BW OU tournaments. There may be a separate website where one can donate via Pay Pal and pledge money and enjoy a good and competitive Pokemon battle at the same time! Now the regulations and design are very barebones right now and an initial design hasn't even come up yet. This Battles for Charities is still an idea and allow Smogon to give back to the community. If you use the idea of BoC and it becomes extremely big, you will get more advertisement to Smogon and more people will be drawn to it because they do "good" deeds and such.

This is still just a thought and I realize it will require a ton of commitment and time but I see the potential!

There is already a group/person on youtube that already does this for all wifiers around the internet for various events. If there were to be something along the lines of a telethon where the smogcast crew takes calls all day and raise money and maybe stream some PO battles it might be more beneficial and intresting for everyone on the site.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Unless we can get people like Philip7086, Kevin Garrett and Bloo to battle, along with their thoughts. This wouldn't be that good, but I must say, I like the idea.

I like the idea and support it, though we're going to need some help from way high up (I'm sure someone could help)

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Meh, the only reason it works for people on Youtube is because they have thousands of subs, and a lot of subs are ridiculously notorious for being huge fanboys/girls, so they pay to see their favourite "celebrities" in a way.

To put it into perspective: Smogon Youtube has ~3k subs, where as most big youtubers involved have upwards of 10-30k subs. The best smogon could do is support them imo. Not sure when the next battle4charity is on, but I'll find out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)