• lordsquad

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • alright I guess

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • who cares

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Intro
Hello, frens, haters, and (BAN ME PLEASE) who call me wonny, this is an RMT of one of my favorite ORAS OU teams. It's probably one of my better squads, though it definitely has its flaws.

I decided to use scizor because at the time I was building this squad I felt scizor was really underrated, as it is able to reliably check dragon dance altarira, mega metagross, non HP-Fire Mega Diancie, and was overall just an amazing pokemon.
I decided to add Sub cm Keldeo to the team as it gave me a way to remove fire types for scizor as well as pair with scizor as a great secondary sweeper.
Next, I decided to add Clefable because it gave me access to stealth rock, thunder wave to cripple faster pokemon, as well as a fighting resist, and a thundurus check.
I realized that landorus-i could be a rather big issue vs me as the majority of my team just dies or is 2hko'd by any of it's attacks. Latias also provided me healing wish support as well as a secondary keldeo check, as well as a ground immunity.
Landorus, the almighty balance breaker was my next addition to the team. Originally this was a rock polish set, but I eventually decided on an all out attacking set. It's damage output is crazE, so hopefully this savage gets banned ;]
When I was looking at the team, I noticed that I lacked a scarfer, and I also wanted pursuit on the team so keldeo and landorus would have an easier time wreaking havoc on the innocent bystanders. I decided on scarftar because it gave me a much, much easier way to beat talonflame, which annoyed my team a lot.

In-Depth Analysis

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Scizor in my opinion is one of the best mega's to use. With it's bulk, it is able to check a variety of things, while also still being a quite viable sweeper. Swords Dance allows me to increase my double my attack, and bullet punch is a great STAB technichian boosted priority move that all scizors should run. Knock Off allows me to get rid of pokemon's items and cripple them, such as Heatran's leftovers. Roost gives my Scizor added longevity. Scizor is also my main mega metagross, mega diancie, and mega altaria check.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Keldeo is my sweeping partner with Scizor. Substitute Calm Mind variants are rather threatening to slower teams, particularly ones that lack solid keldeo checks. Substitute allows me to avoid status, while also giving me more opportunities to set up. Calm mind let's me boost my special attack and Scald is just that amazing move that is soo spammable. Secret Sword is also obligatory STAB that hits pokemon's physical defense. Keldeo is also my bisharp check and main dark resist.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Clefable is the "glue" of my team, so to speak. It patches up holes in my team, helping me vs thundurus, latios/latias, mega lopunny, starmie, and many other pokemon. Stealth Rock is that mandatory entry hazard that so many teams need. Thunder Wave allows clef to cripple common switchins, like bisharp and gengar. Soft-boiled gives me needed recovery. Moonblast is just stab that does decent damage.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish

HW Latias is one of the best support pokemon in my opinion. With 110 speed, its the fastest mon on my team(bar scarftar). It helps me deal with landorus-i, keldeo, charizard-y, and many more. Psyshock is standard STAB, draco is a nuke move. Defog allows me to remove hazards, and Healing Wish allows keldeo and scizor to have more sweeping opportunities.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Destroyer of Worlds, Landorus. One of my favorite mons and one of the best balance breakers in my opinion.
Earth Power is that move you click when u want something to die(bar levitate flying types, and things your coverage moves hit harder lol. Sludge Wave allows me to dismantle faries as well as hit pokemon like latios hard. Hidden Power Ice allows me to kill pesky landorus-therians and gliscors that otherwise wall me. Focus Blast allows me to OHKO ferrothorn and 2hko pokemon like skarmory.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Classic Scarftar. The standard for all your latios trapping needs. While obviously trapping latios is it's main job, it also helps me check the charizards, as well as checking mega pinsir, talonflame, and gengar. Crunch is a nice move to spam late game. Pursuit traps psychic's and ghosts rather well. Stone Edge gets rid of pesky fire types and flying types, while Superpower rounds out the coverage and OHKO's bisharp.

Where the switchins at tho? Scizor can take 2 LO quakes but if exca sd's or flinches scizor it basically wins :/
I can beat CroBro variants but CM Slack(the better and more common set) my team struggles with.
Venusaur with hidden power fire is a threat as only latias and landorus can really do damage to it.

Excellent team. However Setup Sweepers crap on your team as nothing on your team can stop them comfortably. So I suggest Unaware over Magic Guard on Clefable. Unaware would stop Sweepers in their tracks while it racks up chip damage with Moonblast. Also there is a more efficient Ev Spread.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 240 HP / 160 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

Hope this helps. n_n
Would you mind being specific about what setup sweepers you think I'm weak 2? I'm all for suggestions, but if your going to say I'm weak to setup sweepers you could at least name which ones please. Also, considering clefable is my status absorber, I'm not sure about unaware

Mega Charizard X =After a DDance it outruns your entire team even CS Tyranitar, but you'll need TWave on Clefable to cripple it.

Mega Gyarados =^Same thing

SD Talonflame = After Tyranitar is gone it runs through the team until recoil kills it.

Mega Altaria= Half your team is weak to Fairy and Scizor is cut down by Fire Blast if it has it. BP unboosted only 2HKOes.

Practically every DDancer basically.

Also:
TG Manaphy
SubCM Keldeo
CM MSlowbro as Tyranitar can't easily dent it
CM+MG Clefable. With unaware you win CM battles basically.

That's some food for thought.
While I would agree that I am a bit mega gyarados and mega charizard weak, I'd like to point out charizard only sets up on scizor and ttar locked into pursuit/superpower for free. the rest of my team doesn't allow charizard to setup. While gyarados is a problem, its only way to beat clefable is by flinching on t wave. Mega Altaria can be a threat, however scizor+clef handles most variants. TG Manaphy is somewhat of a threat, though I have 4 mons that outspeed and do damage to it, particularly landorus-i, latias, and keldeo.

Malley

Dominachu
Zard X is definitely a concern with ScarfTar there, but the biggest thing I can see is that you rely on Latias to switch in on a lot (Zard Y, Specs Keldeo, Serperior, Lando-I, and to an extent things like Zone, Raikou, Rotom, and Slowbro since it's safest or since you might want to keep Clefable at full) and it has no recovery. I don't think Healing Wish is the best fit on this team - Scizor, Keldeo, and Clefable have recovery, and as a breaker Lando doesn't need its health so much. I would run Roost in place of Healing Wish, or possibly in place of Defog if you find yourself sorely missing Healing Wish. On a balanced team, keeping Latias healthy is often imperative.

Edit: Apart from that good team though. Since Lando is gone I guess you'll have to save this for 7th gen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)