ORAS OU Balanced Mega-Lopunny Team! First RMT!

Full team:

Introduction:

I recently got into ORAS after not having played Pokemon since early Gen 5 I was a big fan of Volturn back in those days. These are pretty standard sets because as I mentioned I'm not that well versed in ORAS So I am very open to any suggestion/tweaks you scholars of Smogon university might have.
Mega-Lopunny

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
Mega-Lopunny was the first Pokemon to peak my interest in ORAS and as such was the first Pokemon on my team. Great speed, Powerful Stab and access to priority made me have to try and make this Pokemon work. You can definitely run the substitute or power-up Punch sets but due to the prevalence of Landorus-Therian in OU I felt like Ice Punch was a necessity on this team
Garchomp:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

This Garchomp pairs particularly well with Mega-Lopunny because it acts as a check to any offensive Talonflame which can cause Mega-Lopunny many problems when trying to punch holes in the opposing team. It also provides valuable chip damage to contact users and stealth rock support which can help chip away at the opposing team and help Mega-Loppunny scores some KO's with a Fake out + Return/HJK combo. Landorus-Therian is also another option here and may fit better into the pseudo volturn defensive core with Rotom and Tornadus-Therian. However I felt Garchomp with the better choice due to extra chip damage with Rough Skin and slightly better Typing(?).
Rotom-W:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom one the most used Pokemon in this game. Acts as a secondary check to Talonflame and has decent defensive synergy with assault vest Tornadus-Therian It takes ice attacks well and electric attacks decently as well and forms Volturn core to steal and couple of switch into for Mega-Lopunny or Gengar.

Gengar:

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Gengar is Mega Lopunnys partner in crime, The pair have great offensive synergy, he can switch in on priority mach punches or fairy moves(Although not as much) that many threaten Mega-Lopunny and OHKO most fairies that stand in Mega-Lopunny's way with a life orb sludge wave. I think a more defensive set with Will-O-wisp and Hex could work although I'm yet to test this.

Tornadus-Therian:

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Knock Off

This guy is great with Rotom-W can take on Mega-Venasuar or Serperior and threaten them out with Hurricane as well as provide good utility with Knock off and U-turn. I'm not really sure which coverage move in the 4th slot I don't want heat wave because I use fire blast on Garchomp to surprise Ferrothorn or Scizor also Heatran will become a problem I choose Focus blast because I'm not a fan of the def drops with superpower but I am open to suggestion. Assualt vest Conkeldurr can be used here as well and it provides a status sponge with Guts as well as extra priority and stealth rock resistance. However I felt Regenerator is a better form of recovery than Drain Punch and I needed a flying type to help deal with Scarfed mold breaker Excadrill which is a major threat to the Team.
Klefki:

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Klefki key is here to provide utility to Mega-Lopunny. Spikes to help with wearing down Pokemon for fake out + Return/hjk Combo. Thunder wave to stop Megas that will out speed like Mega Alakazam or any scarf users and Toxic to wear down walls for Mega-Lopunny/Gengar to clean up. Play rough to not be Taunt bait also can do damage to Mega-Saybleye if it is not carrying Will-o-wisp​

Conclusion:

I have had a lot of fun playing and developing this team so far it definitly has issues with Stall. Mega-Sableye eye can be a HUGE problem with will-o-wisp and anything status in general also the lack of a Defog user/Rapid spinner hurts the team. I have been thinking about replacing Klefki with Cleric Syleveon to help deal with the Mega-Sableye problem but I don't even feel like this will be too effective. So that's it, I look forward to your comments :D.

Hi! This is a pretty nice Team, but it has quite a few problems that could be fixed.
Major Changes
Gengar was an incredibly potent threat in BW OU, but the ORAS metagame has not been kind to it. It's stats are incredibly mediocre by ORAS standards, and it's an incredibly niche pick. You're team also has pretty big problems with Tornadus-T and Keldeo. So, I would reccomend replacing Gengar with Thundurus.
Thundurus has great coverege that rivals Gengar's, while having the decent bulk to take hits from opponents. It's defensive typing is also superior to Gengar, as it can't be pursuit trapped or hit hard by common dark types coverage moves.
The second major problem with your team is the lack of hazard control. You also needed a good way to deal with fairy types and speed control, as well as something that could check fast electric types, Latios & Latias, and weavile. Klefki is probably the least valuable member of your team. Spikes isn't really nessessary for your team, and Klefki's bulk is pretty mediocre in the first place. So I would replace Klefki with scarfed Excadrill. Since hazard control isn't exactly required for your team to function, a semi-mediocre one is fine. Scarfed Excadrill isn't the most reliable hazard remover, but it makes up for it with it's offensive potential. It can deal with all the threats mentioned above as well as being a strong attacker. I believe it's a great addition to your team that will exponentially improve it.
Minor Changes
This is a personal recommendation, and likely not a nessessary change to make, but Focus Blast WILL let you down. That 70% accuracy has the same chance to miss as scald has to burn, and we all know what that move is capable of. I would reccomend running Superpower, as while the defense drops can be annoying, it allows you to deal with pokemon like Chansey and Heatran that you wouldn't be able to hit as hard without it. The second minor change is Rotom-W's EV spread. 252 HP EVs doesn't give you the maximum amount of Leftovers recovery. If you run 248 HP EVs, you can get more recovery. The extra 8 EVs should go in SpD effects.

Those are all my changes, I hope you appreciate the imput!

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)