@Occa Berry
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Serene grace
252 atk/252 spd/4 hp

-Thunder Wave
-Steath Rock
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch

This set works very well at getting SR up and dealing with many common leads. Thunder wave cripples faster leads, such as Azelf, and Breloom can sub stall with the para hax which really helps against faster threats. Iron head is there for STAB and of course, hax. Fire punch is for those pesky steel types, mainly Magnezone, who just love to switch in.

The Mixed Sweeper
@Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
128 atk/252 spd/128 Spc att.

-Close Combat
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Mach Punch
-Flame Thrower

Close Combat is very stong STAB and is an obvious choice for almost every infernape. But the other moves together seem kind of odd, don't they? well they fit very well on this team. Swords Dance Lucario used to be a big problem for this team so I added mach punch which does very well at stopping it. Flame Thrower hits pretty hard against steel types Plus I don't like to miss. The only reason I have it as HP grass is because the lame Grass Knot glitch on shoddy (when Grass Knot ignores Life Orb). I run max speed to avoid a dreaded speed tie

The Annoy-er
@Toxic orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Poison Heal
/252 spd/140 hp/68 Sp. D/40 Def

-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Leech Seed
-Spore

I know this may look odd, well the ev's are, but it works amazing. Very good at switching in on scarfed Starmie T-Bolting Vaporeon. and also the extra special Defense and HP helps with the substitutes not breaking It also makes the HP divisible by 8 for best subs and maximum healing from poison heal and the max speed allows Breloom to out speed neutral speed Gyrados and slower.

The Special Sponge
@Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Water Absorb
120 hp/68 Sp. Att/252 Sp. Def/68 spd
-Hidden Power [Electric]
-Surf
-Protect
-Wish

Specially defensive Vaporeon is amazing and works very well with Cresselia's Reflect passing. the EVs are for high special bulk. the speed is standard for a wishpasser and the special attack is for just a little more Oomph.

The Revenge Killer
@Choice Scarf
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Levitate
88 Att./188 sp att./252 Speed
-Ice punch
-Psychic
-U-Turn
-Explosion

Mixed scarf Azelf WHAAAAAAAAAA? thats right! and it is surprisingly Very effective. naughty nature allows it to still out speed Positive Natured +1 Base 100s and get a lot more power. the EVs make it so each ofensive stat is the same. Ice punch is for coverage Psychic is for stab U-Turn is for scouting And explosion is to go out with a bang! literally.

The Physical Wall
@Leftovers
Nature: Impish
252 HP/4 Sp. Att./252 Def./
-Reflect
-Ice Beam
-Moon Light
-Thunder Wave

I love Cresselia. it has amazing defenses and can take a beating from both sides of the attacking spectrum. this thing is really helpful especially against those extremely powerful dragons. also passing the reflects allows infernape to switch in to Tyranitar's Crunch and OHKO. Thunder-wave Cripples those ever so annoying scarfers and Everyone likes the Paralysis support. My only real complaint here is that cress doesn't get recover and is sadly left with the mediocre moon light.Here's the one for OU:

The Threat List

Aerodactyl - Jirachi handles it pretty well as they usually don't taunt and if they do then Cress Or vap can take it down easlily.

Azelf - Jirachi handles it pretty well as they usually don't taunt and if they do I send in Azelf U-turn out then put jirachi back in and kill with iron head.

Breloom -A threat to any team. if jirachi is still alive I use it to take the spore then have cress damage it with ice beam.

Dragonite - The leads I start with SR then switch to cress if they started with EQ if they started with SR I Twave with jirachi then switch yo Cress.

Electivire - Can actually be pretty annoying but Cress can easily take the hits and if it doesnt get a motor drive then Infernape can handle it quite well

Empoleon - if vap is still alive it cant touch me if vap is fainted and it is behind a sub I explode azelf to break the sub then mach punch with ape generally not too much of a problem

Flygon - Cress handles it really well along with azelf's Ice punch

Gengar - Vap can sponge the hits very well and only fears Sp. def drops azelf's psychic OHKOs

Gyarados - Vaporeon's hidden power destroys it and cress can cripple it with T-wave if all else fails azelf can explode

Heatran - Vaporeon can Wall it all day long and only takes about 50% froma specs flash fire over heat. if it is a scarf and switches in on jirachi I cripple it with t wave and kill with vap or infernape.

Heracross - not really a problem for cress though megahorn hits hard.

Infernape - Cress And vaporeon can handle it very well and cress can cripple it with t-wave

Jirachi - - CM wish jirachi is really hard to take down and only my own jirachi stands in it's path though cress can cripple non substitue variants with thunder wave. the hax jirachi gets OHKOd by infernape's flame thrower and my own jirachi can break the sub.

Jolteon - I don't really Have anything that can take strong Electric attacks but i usually sacrafice jirachi (unless something else is much weaker) then send in breloom to spore it. or I Explode Azelf

Kingdra -Substitute variants give me trouble IF it isnt behind a sub I usually have to explode it.

Lucario - Cress Can Cripple it then pass reflect to jirachi to kill it with fire punch also Infernape can OHKO 100% of the time after a close combat and life orb recoil

Machamp - Such an annoying lead.... I go for iron head hax and if it gets the punch in I switch to cress and reflect then t-wave it (2 times b/c lum) then slowly chip away at it's health
if I lose cress I kill it with azelf's psychic

Magnezone - The irony is jirachi does good against it crippling i with t wave and if it isnt a scarfer breaks the sub with fire punch for ape to come in and OHKO with flame thrower (rather face a flash fired heatran than an untouched rotom)

Mamoswine - Switch to cress reflect switch to ape then OHKO with flame thrower if all else fails kill with vap's surf

Metagross - reflect and t wave and OHKOd by flamethrower

Ninjask - set up SR (yes letting him get a SD) then kill the sub predict the pass and t-wave the recipient.

Roserade - Jirachi has a 70% chance of beating it (sleep power's accuracy) if it comes late game infernape can swith in to its stap moves and azelf can KO with Psychic

Salamence - Cress Handles all variants well and Azelf can outspeed +1 and OHKO with ice punch

Scizor - Cress can usually take the damage and moonlight it off infernape can flame thrower brloom can spore after a choice band bullet punch.

Smeargle - Like Roserade jirachi has a 60% chance at beating it and breloom can mach punch scarf variants

Starmie -hits hard But has relitively weak thunder bolts so vap can wish protect then HP then wish/protect back up to full HP and HP again until it is dead. azelf can revenge it with u-turn

Togekiss - can be annoying but is crippled by cress's thunder wave and gets hit hard by iron head psychic and close combat

Tyranitar - the sandstorm hurts cress's recovery but can be crippled by thunder wave and cress can set up protect jirachi's iron head + thunder-wave destroys lead variants

Weavile -can do mean things to azelf with its pursuit. vap walls it well and ape can mach punch OHKO

Defensive Threats

Blissey - breloom can spore sub then spore the next pokemon b/c natural cure. Infernape can close combat or flmaethrower the obvious switch.

Bronzong - breloom can leech seed it sub then spore the switch or sub stall it out infernape does major damage with flame thrower and jirachi does a good ammount of damage with fire punch

Celebi -usually brought in to stop breloom's leech seed and my only real answers are jirachi's iron head/fire punch and azelf's u-turn

Dusknoir - Spore handles it well along with infernape's flame thrower

Forretress - Leads are 2HKOd by jirachi's fire punch and all OHKOd by infernape's flame thrower also dont like to be spored

Gliscor - take heavy damage from Azelf's ice punch, cress's ice beam, infernape's flame thrower, and vap's surf

Hippowdon - seed it sub spore the switch takes hard hits from surf and flame thrower

Rotom-A - can usually be taken down with the same strategy as starmie. also breloom's spore is effective on non- rest talk variants

Skarmory - Can be kind of annoying. spore and flame thrower do very well. hidden power electric can also hit it hard.

Snorlax -Switch in cress and reflect to weed out the choice band users. leech seed sub spore the switch. close combat also works well

Suicune - I usually have to explode on it and if that doesnt OHKO finish it with infernape's Close combat

Swampert - leech seed then stall it out with sub or if it switches spore the switch hidden power grass can kill a slightly weakened one (did I mention I hate the Grass knot glitch?)

Tentacruel - this thing causes me problems and I usually psychic or explode it depending on azelf's HPif it sets down a layer of t-spikes I send in vap so it doesn't get badly poisoned.

Vaporeon - breloom can seed sub spore the switch and my own vap can take non toxic varients

Zapdos - if it comes in on vap I surf it until it kills my vap then finish it off with infernape's flame thrower or azelf's ice punch. if it comes in on jirachi I paralyze it and can usualy break the offensive variants' subs in one hit and can sometimes break the physicly defensive varients' subs in 2 hits then iron head until I die then finish it with infernape or azelf

Thankyou for reading this and I hope you have some good suggestions for me to make this team even better.

You call this a "stall team", but this is really a standard-type of team and is nowhere near a real stall team. If you were trying to build a stall team then you want pokemon who can stay in play for a long time without needing to switch out while also being able to use the longevity for the good of the team.

As for actually rating your team, I like some of the things you are doing here and they are definately of use. First problem i see is leftovers on your Jirachi. It would be of more use to either put a resistance berry on like Shucca or Occa or some other item that I'm too tired to think of atm. I don't see how Skarm could be a weak link on a supposed "stall team", but an equally great spiker is Forretress. He can rapid spin enemy entry hazards, set up both types of spikes, and beat down those fast physical attackers like Weavile and DD-Gyara with Gyro Ball.

Well hey I like your team,
You said that you had trouble with DD Gyrados with taunt. So the classic Gyrados counter would be ROTOM-H. Unsure of who you would replace but I was thinking skarmory because you said it was the weakest link. You may miss out on spikes but you already have stealth rock. Also ROTOM-H can double as a spin-blocker to protect the stealth rocks you have up. Well this is the set I would recommend to you.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Ability levitate
evs 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Nature Bold
Moves
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Overheat
-Will-O-Wisp

This is a good set because it can take down all your gyrados nightmares with relative ease. He is also an effective spin blocker. Thunderbolt is for Gyrados. Shadow ball is for an effective STAB move. Overheat is for taking out the all of the pesky steels that are all over OU (especially Scizor) Will-O-Wisp is for shutting down all physical attackers. Evs make him fairly bulky while having a bit of speed to then out speed adamant max speed Scizor.

BUT if you want a pure Gyrados revenge killer you could run this ROTOM-H set.
..... The choice scarf.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Ability Levitate
evs 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Nature Modest or Timid
Moves
-Thunderbolt
-Overheat
-Trick
-Shadow Ball/Hidden power fighting or ground

Well this set is far more adept at revenging Gyrados. Thunderbolt for sending the over-sized under water fish snake thing (Gyrados :/) to it's grave. Overheat is once again for steels. Trick is for giving that blissey your scarf and taking it's leftovers. Shadow ball is for STAB. Hidden power fighting is for Tyranitar. Hidden power ground is for Heatran. The nature is up to you for more speed or more power.
EVs are classic for a scarfer full speed and attack or Special Attack.

I hope this will help you.

I Updated the team. changed its name added threat list and an "at a glance section" please give suggestions on how i can improve the team :D. also if there are any typos/grammar mistakes tell me b/c i wrote this at 2 am and probably messed up a lot. and is there a way to change the title of the thread?

You have a few miscalculations. Flamethrower does not usually KO Metagross unless it is Boosted. In addition, you may run into trouble if faster leads decide to taunt you. That's all i have time for now, hope i helped.

Flame throwerdoes OHKO some sets of metagross (and leads I usually t-wave then SR then fire punch to eliminate the 2 berrys from it to finish it off with something else). thanks for the suggestions but I do have what I do for the faster taunt leads (honestly 90% of the time they don't taunt me) in the threat section.

Like I told you in shoddy, an idea would be to give HP fire to cress, so she's not scizor u-turn fodder, but then again, as I witnessed myself, after a reflect, CB scizor uturn is not that scary. If you find moonlight works more often than not keep it, else id's say go for hp fire.

Your vaporeon is your gyarados eater i presume, but if vaporeon is not full health, can it take strong stone edges and earthquakes from DD gyara? Since it is not really good at taking physical hits, although IF reflect is up all's good.

I assume psychic on azelf is for fighting or poison right? Because generally not much else is really revenged by non boosted psychics, epsecially not from specially ev'ed Azelf. Also machamp and breloom, the 2 prime fighting targets, will often be behind a sub, which is not good for poor azelf. (though i suppose you can break loom's sub w uturn and switch to cress) If they are not, they are probably switching out.. This often applies to gengar as well.. Are you sure it does more than zen headbutt in your setup?

You also lack a setup sweeper, not that you need one, but it could seal the match for you without having to predict till the end. Switching infernape to a setup sweeper though is risky, since it will probably leave you easily walled.. If you're feeling risky though, nasty plot infernape w focus blast 2hko's most special walls, so it is an option

Finally, the occa berry on jirachi seems kinda meh. I suppose it is for heatran and infernape leads, but you can't really touch those anyhow (you can setup rocks or twave them but that's it) so maybe a switch to leftovers? or even expert belt to fake a choice item and lure magnezone (not that you have a scizor or something that would really hate 'zone, but it's bolt packs a punch)

That's all that comes to mind immediately, if I think of anything else i'll return.

Oh lol I messed up the EVs for Azelf. I will make the changes and test them after lunch. (and fix azelf's evs on here). do you think fire punch would be a good replacement for psychic on azelf?

Honestly no, what would you hit with fire punch? it can possibly revenge a sufficiently hurt agiligross or weakened CM jirachi, but both are quite robust on the physical defence front, as opposed to the special one. Forretres and skarmory wouldn't stay in, scizor would BP you.. For me the only reason to go physical azelf is for extra powerful uturn and explosion. (which is why I had CB azelf as a lead in our match) Otherwise special azelf is better imho. Mixed scarf set is not really effective but i guess it might catch something by surprise so it's down to performance, test it and draw your conclusions.

Don't forget the possibility to use trick too, early game you'd probably keep your scarf since you could blindly trick a scarftar switch in, and also because well you need the speed to revenge kill but having the option is nice, and it screws stall teams full of rest talkers or teams with calm minders etc.

ya I didn't really think when i said fire punch. I'll try trick. also I did replace moonlight with hp fire and haven't really seen much use for it other than hitting sd lucario as they're setting up and it makes cress die way too quickly. leftover on jirachi is working well and i can just switch to vaporeon on fire type lead (always did with heatran cuz a lot were specs with overheat which OHKOd with occa). Oh forgot lol, infernape is about the same but i have yet to be able to set up.

@Choice Scarf
Nature: Naughty
88 Att./188 sp att./252 Speed
-Ice punch
-Psychic
-U-Turn
-Explosion

How effective is this? I think you are better off with an adamant nature and max attack. You are pretty much wasting 188 EV's on Psychic. which you can easily replace with Zen headbutt ( works nice with the flinch rate + scarf).

On infernape max speed is not needed. I reckon everyone is using 212 speed, and nobody should be stupid enough to switch in infernape on another infernape, unless it is scarfed, Jolly (which you would lose from anyway) or the last pokemon.
As for Cresselia i would consider Light Clay for leftovers, 5 turns just doesnt cut it, and it seems to me that your team relies quite a bit on reflect.

GG on shoddy =D. Pretty good team. I suggest HP (fire) over moonlight on cresselia because you can be pretty run over by scizor once nape is gone.

ha i wasted spac

How effective is this? I think you are better off with an adamant nature and max attack. You are pretty much wasting 188 EV's on Psychic. which you can easily replace with Zen headbutt ( works nice with the flinch rate + scarf).

On infernape max speed is not needed. I reckon everyone is using 212 speed, and nobody should be stupid enough to switch in infernape on another infernape, unless it is scarfed, Jolly (which you would lose from anyway) or the last pokemon.
As for Cresselia i would consider Light Clay for leftovers, 5 turns just doesnt cut it, and it seems to me that your team relies quite a bit on reflect.
I will try light clay and atm I am testing adamant max attack azelf ice punch u turn explosion trick and have not got it in enough games to see its effectiveness. if it isnt good enough i will put in zen headbut :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)