Level: 50
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 220 HP / 236 Def / 4 SpA / 44 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower

I decided to leave the set as I have it here, though I feel toxic is now a necessity based on what I lose/can lose to w/ this. I just don't know if Flamethrower or Dyna Cannon is more skippable. I chose this mon...well I don't really know why. I discuss a ton w/ someone on here, and the reasoning for most any mon is buried in so much conversation about mons that it gets lost. I try to keep EV spreads in PS, but the reasonings for them get lost. All I can really say is that Tern doesn't, or at least shouldn't, need 252 HP w/ its stat distribution, the HP is already much more impressive than the defenses. I could maybe cut more there. Fairy tera is chiefly for the common dragons, the 2 bow legends for this gen mainly. I don't know that I get them at all if I drop Dragon STAB myself, BUT they are liable to be fairies as well, and I'm weak to Ghold. I have no special attachment to this mon or anything, could easily go.

:Grimmsnarl:
Grimmsnarl @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Trick
- Parting Shot
- Spirit Break

EVs are to hopefully avoid 3hko from Caly-s, until I remembered too late I drop SpA. At any rate seems ok. Trick+Lgaging Tail was an idea I had for making the fastest of mons weak to Crawdaunt, something even T wave can't always do. It affects more types, and doesn't miss too. But I still wanted t wave for actual hax, plus for when I'm saving/have used up trick. Parting Shot is just great, I don't think Grim without it is that common even. Spirit Break is good for 4x weaks, the common dragons, and dropping SpA. As a mon weak to Gholdengo, this wouldn't benefit as much from Dark STAB imo, and caly-s is already in a bad position w/ Spirit Break(I believe that match up is the main reason for this mon on here.) Grass tera won't stop Amoongus, because it hits grasses, but is for spore still. This shouldn't tera much, and I had a grass one from raids. I definitely see potential in this mon, but it can be hard to position what w/ the lack of offensive utility, and dozo's unaware. I think it is possibly very helpful into miraidon with the trick and SE STAB, but I have to learn to save the item for them.

:Crawdaunt:
Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Tera Blast

One of my 2 mons that doesn't see much use at all if any. Oh, not from me, I mean others. I bring this very often, and am in love with the power. EVs creep 4 Spe 70s and iirc max parad Ogers. Bulk I can't quite recall sadly, it definitely has a point though, and isn't just leftover. I changed to tera flying and the necessary tera blast to hit koraidon, amoongus, and a few others, it also resists 3 former weaknesses, Aqua Jet is often a huge deal with all the power this has, it has notably been an asset vs ho oh(who is likely ground tera, if it teras.) Crabhammer has crazy power, ohkoing Hippo easy and often Ting Lu. But that's not to say neutralities are very safe, w/ resists even taking much(hits Primarina really hard for ex.) Ofc, they usually have to be slower for this to have enough impact, that's why it used to be w/ tr Dusclops. But I didn't want Caly-I, and that kinda makes tr unwelcome w/ the legend being a semi auto-bring. Knock Off is more BP than Crabhammer even, and nearly ohkos Ogerpon despite it being immune to the power buff lol. It also does things like ohkoing a slower Kyogre. Solid Luna BM answer, gets most slower things like that bar maybe a Dondozo or something.

:Dondozo:
Dondozo @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wave Crash
- Rest
- Curse
- Fissure

I have had Dondozo a long time, now it is for Koraidon and ho oh mainly. EVs were standard for Curse, but I wanted more phys def for Urshifus, who crit past curse and are bad if tera is used up. I love this for fissure fishing, not many good users of that I think. Rest seems crucial to me for recovery, otherwise anybody can just chip Dozo enough at some point, it is bulky enough that rest isn't useless even after the first time. I really like this mon, though Unaware isn't enough for some things like CM Miraidon and Caly s, due to the lower SpD and often type, so it could potentially change. This is a good pao answer though, w tera answering their presumable electric tera.

:Ogerpon-Wellspring:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 60 HP / 180 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Leech Seed
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech

EVs were made when this was fire mask, likely a bit outdated but so far I'm not sure it's mattered. I put this, w/ u-turn, because of a bit of weakness to some bug weak things, namely wo chien and the mirror that I remember. Leech Seed is very irritating, even if it's just tacked on and not built around, and I can actually hit grasses so there's that. Gives an option vs. Archaludon for ex. This seems better to me now w/ Kyogre allowed, before the ability often underwhelmed me(though it could be irritating VERSUS me w/ dozo and craw.) It also has none of water's own weaknesses by default, so seems like it can go w/ a team w/ two others. However, I'm still not fully sold on it. Hard to say why.

:Bronzong:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Press
- Payback
- Iron Defense
- Gyro Ball

My other strange mon. This mighta had a stint in the past in the VR thread, but I actually feel it's less impressive than Craw, and could probably just be Archaludon/goodra-h again/even Orthworm(not sure what's a mostly clean replacement for Craw. Azu isn't ohkoing Ting-lu and such, I fully expect.) Gyro Ball and min Spe are for Flutter mainly, Payback is generally just for Caly, along w/ normal tera now(was electric, or perhaps even grass not sure which Zong I was running,) and IronPress is the main damage and point, hurting lots and also the dreaded Terapagos. I put lefties on here, because unlike Tern there is NO other recovery option, so I need the longevity even more than Tern, who has it naturally. This is ok, it would be better if les shad knock off imo. I will readily replace this if it's suggested, or just change a move. Not too sure about Payback, w/ normal tera gyro ball might be enough, and that frees up a slot for Ice Spinner or what have you. Oh, also this can be major into Necrozma Dusk-Mane. I have seen just one of those, and still lost w/ chip/losing this beforehand, but it seems a horribly dangerous mon, who you still can't count on SE attacks for cause WP is still common. Grounded steels typically fear its EQ, and I'm not too sure Orthworm is even halfway ok anymore, w/ all the new special stuff PLUS Koraidon AND less DNite, because more dragons exist now than before..

I used to have weirder stuff, imo, like Frosmoth and Regice(separate teams, they do about the same role,) but I'm just not sure I did THAT much worse. Maybe normalizing even more is the answer, but I do love Crawdaunt's power and would very much like to support that mon. That said, I don't think I want tr for it anymore, though it worked fine for a while. I don't care for Calm mind users I think, they tend to set up w/ Tern, then get a crit cause they have the whole timer for that. I supremely hate Encore DNite, w/ a special shout out to Fire Spin w/ it. Gholdengo is a threat, in the past my peculiar Iron Hands, ground tera Frosmoth or Regice, or Chandelure really helped there. They're all gone, along w/ the main reasons for why lol. I have tried Sticky Webs to support Craw, but the users aren't very good bar maybe Araquinid, who synergizes poorly w/ 2 waters. Mostly though I end up forgetting/changing what I'm weak to.

Edit: 16-19, so almost ok for reg ppl, good for one of my teams lol. Moving in the right direction slowly

Last edited:
:Eternatus:
Eternatus @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 220 HP / 236 Def / 4 SpA / 44 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower

I decided to leave the set as I have it here, though I feel toxic is now a necessity based on what I lose/can lose to w/ this. I just don't know if Flamethrower or Dyna Cannon is more skippable. I chose this mon...well I don't really know why. I discuss a ton w/ someone on here, and the reasoning for most any mon is buried in so much conversation about mons that it gets lost. I try to keep EV spreads in PS, but the reasonings for them get lost. All I can really say is that Tern doesn't, or at least shouldn't, need 252 HP w/ its stat distribution, the HP is already much more impressive than the defenses. I could maybe cut more there. Fairy tera is chiefly for the common dragons, the 2 bow legends for this gen mainly. I don't know that I get them at all if I drop Dragon STAB myself, BUT they are liable to be fairies as well, and I'm weak to Ghold. I have no special attachment to this mon or anything, could easily go.

:Grimmsnarl:
Grimmsnarl @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Trick
- Parting Shot
- Spirit Break

EVs are to hopefully avoid 3hko from Caly-s, until I remembered too late I drop SpA. At any rate seems ok. Trick+Lgaging Tail was an idea I had for making the fastest of mons weak to Crawdaunt, something even T wave can't always do. It affects more types, and doesn't miss too. But I still wanted t wave for actual hax, plus for when I'm saving/have used up trick. Parting Shot is just great, I don't think Grim without it is that common even. Spirit Break is good for 4x weaks, the common dragons, and dropping SpA. As a mon weak to Gholdengo, this wouldn't benefit as much from Dark STAB imo, and caly-s is already in a bad position w/ Spirit Break(I believe that match up is the main reason for this mon on here.) Grass tera won't stop Amoongus, because it hits grasses, but is for spore still. This shouldn't tera much, and I had a grass one from raids. I definitely see potential in this mon, but it can be hard to position what w/ the lack of offensive utility, and dozo's unaware. I think it is possibly very helpful into miraidon with the trick and SE STAB, but I have to learn to save the item for them.

:Crawdaunt:
Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Tera Blast

One of my 2 mons that doesn't see much use at all if any. Oh, not from me, I mean others. I bring this very often, and am in love with the power. EVs creep 4 Spe 70s and iirc max parad Ogers. Bulk I can't quite recall sadly, it definitely has a point though, and isn't just leftover. I changed to tera flying and the necessary tera blast to hit koraidon, amoongus, and a few others, it also resists 3 former weaknesses, Aqua Jet is often a huge deal with all the power this has, it has notably been an asset vs ho oh(who is likely ground tera, if it teras.) Crabhammer has crazy power, ohkoing Hippo easy and often Ting Lu. But that's not to say neutralities are very safe, w/ resists even taking much(hits Primarina really hard for ex.) Ofc, they usually have to be slower for this to have enough impact, that's why it used to be w/ tr Dusclops. But I didn't want Caly-I, and that kinda makes tr unwelcome w/ the legend being a semi auto-bring. Knock Off is more BP than Crabhammer even, and nearly ohkos Ogerpon despite it being immune to the power buff lol. It also does things like ohkoing a slower Kyogre. Solid Luna BM answer, gets most slower things like that bar maybe a Dondozo or something.

:Dondozo:
Dondozo @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wave Crash
- Rest
- Curse
- Fissure

I have had Dondozo a long time, now it is for Koraidon and ho oh mainly. EVs were standard for Curse, but I wanted more phys def for Urshifus, who crit past curse and are bad if tera is used up. I love this for fissure fishing, not many good users of that I think. Rest seems crucial to me for recovery, otherwise anybody can just chip Dozo enough at some point, it is bulky enough that rest isn't useless even after the first time. I really like this mon, though Unaware isn't enough for some things like CM Miraidon and Caly s, due to the lower SpD and often type, so it could potentially change. This is a good pao answer though, w tera answering their presumable electric tera.

:Ogerpon-Wellspring:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 60 HP / 180 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Leech Seed
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech

EVs were made when this was fire mask, likely a bit outdated but so far I'm not sure it's mattered. I put this, w/ u-turn, because of a bit of weakness to some bug weak things, namely wo chien and the mirror that I remember. Leech Seed is very irritating, even if it's just tacked on and not built around, and I can actually hit grasses so there's that. Gives an option vs. Archaludon for ex. This seems better to me now w/ Kyogre allowed, before the ability often underwhelmed me(though it could be irritating VERSUS me w/ dozo and craw.) It also has none of water's own weaknesses by default, so seems like it can go w/ a team w/ two others. However, I'm still not fully sold on it. Hard to say why.

:Bronzong:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Press
- Payback
- Iron Defense
- Gyro Ball

My other strange mon. This mighta had a stint in the past in the VR thread, but I actually feel it's less impressive than Craw, and could probably just be Archaludon/goodra-h again/even Orthworm(not sure what's a mostly clean replacement for Craw. Azu isn't ohkoing Ting-lu and such, I fully expect.) Gyro Ball and min Spe are for Flutter mainly, Payback is generally just for Caly, along w/ normal tera now(was electric, or perhaps even grass not sure which Zong I was running,) and IronPress is the main damage and point, hurting lots and also the dreaded Terapagos. I put lefties on here, because unlike Tern there is NO other recovery option, so I need the longevity even more than Tern, who has it naturally. This is ok, it would be better if les shad knock off imo. I will readily replace this if it's suggested, or just change a move. Not too sure about Payback, w/ normal tera gyro ball might be enough, and that frees up a slot for Ice Spinner or what have you. Oh, also this can be major into Necrozma Dusk-Mane. I have seen just one of those, and still lost w/ chip/losing this beforehand, but it seems a horribly dangerous mon, who you still can't count on SE attacks for cause WP is still common. Grounded steels typically fear its EQ, and I'm not too sure Orthworm is even halfway ok anymore, w/ all the new special stuff PLUS Koraidon AND less DNite, because more dragons exist now than before..

I used to have weirder stuff, imo, like Frosmoth and Regice(separate teams, they do about the same role,) but I'm just not sure I did THAT much worse. Maybe normalizing even more is the answer, but I do love Crawdaunt's power and would very much like to support that mon. That said, I don't think I want tr for it anymore, though it worked fine for a while. I don't care for Calm mind users I think, they tend to set up w/ Tern, then get a crit cause they have the whole timer for that. I supremely hate Encore DNite, w/ a special shout out to Fire Spin w/ it. Gholdengo is a threat, in the past my peculiar Iron Hands, ground tera Frosmoth or Regice, or Chandelure really helped there. They're all gone, along w/ the main reasons for why lol. I have tried Sticky Webs to support Craw, but the users aren't very good bar maybe Araquinid, who synergizes poorly w/ 2 waters. Mostly though I end up forgetting/changing what I'm weak to.

Edit: 16-19, so almost ok for reg ppl, good for one of my teams lol. Moving in the right direction slowly
I seriously doubt the legitimacy of payback bronzong, also leech seed ogerpon too, and your team kind of gets owned by miraidon too...
the whole teams looks weird to me.

I seriously doubt the legitimacy of payback bronzong, also leech seed ogerpon too, and your team kind of gets owned by miraidon too...
the whole teams looks weird to me.
Payback Bronzong, or just Bronzong? I'm already leaning towards a different move, I'll look into it now. Leech Seed on Oger is a bit random w/o sub. It did get Terapagos in one, if I'd attacked that ability pre-tera to resist first move would have cost me. Miraidon isn't the easiest, I'm thinking to change Dozo mainly.

Eternatus, the bane of my existence lmao
I second the weak to Miraidon point, a bulky Ground type like Ting-Lu or AV Lando-T/Ursaluna would put a stop to it. Something like AV Rillaboom could also be interesting, since it sets terrain which turns off Miraidon's Hadron Engine whilst weakening Earthquake and providing your walls with extra healing per turn - though it does share its typing with Ogerpon.
You definitely want Toxic on Etern, realistically if you can get Cosmic Power off you can just sit on mons you can't hit with your only attack. I was thinking that Gholdengo was the only meta relevant Steel mon which Flamethrower would hit (since Duraludon is hit neutrally and Heatran is immune) but then I remembered Zacian lol - another reason to run a Ground mon I guess. Have you considered maybe Dragon Tail to punish set up mons? That would be particularly deadly alongside spike stacking Gliscor or something similar.
I think Cresselia might do Bronzong's job better here, as a Psychic type with Levitate that has access to reliable healing and isn't bonked by Koraidon. I haven't personally tested the bell guy to be fair, though.

Eternatus, the bane of my existence lmao
I second the weak to Miraidon point, a bulky Ground type like Ting-Lu or AV Lando-T/Ursaluna would put a stop to it. Something like AV Rillaboom could also be interesting, since it sets terrain which turns off Miraidon's Hadron Engine whilst weakening Earthquake and providing your walls with extra healing per turn - though it does share its typing with Ogerpon.
You definitely want Toxic on Etern, realistically if you can get Cosmic Power off you can just sit on mons you can't hit with your only attack. I was thinking that Gholdengo was the only meta relevant Steel mon which Flamethrower would hit (since Duraludon is hit neutrally and Heatran is immune) but then I remembered Zacian lol - another reason to run a Ground mon I guess. Have you considered maybe Dragon Tail to punish set up mons? That would be particularly deadly alongside spike stacking Gliscor or something similar.
I think Cresselia might do Bronzong's job better here, as a Psychic type with Levitate that has access to reliable healing and isn't bonked by Koraidon. I haven't personally tested the bell guy to be fair, though.
Ty. I took am thinking cress, but over dozo was my idea. I guess this'd be too weak to pao, but the idea was she gets kor and mir. At least somewhat. Will try over zong, um. I'm worried over caly s and flutter that way though, since normal tera kinda gets both and gyro can ohko flutter. I suppose since I'm open to replacing dozo that could work still, as ting lu gets caly s and flutter to some extent(fears grass knot and STAB Moonblast, but poison Tera and/or av.)

I have not seen zacian, for now I will drop flame. I haven't considered dragon tail, I think that would work better from archaludon, who could semi seamlessly replace zong. Zong can get koraidon kinda with heatproof too...is that worth anything? I'm running ice spinner now, so it STILL wouldn't be total landog food.

I'm doing a bit better, 19-20, then one more loss cause Internet gave out ugh. I hope my switch not broken ish cause the net is definitely fine.

Edit: cress can't really get both, without prior set up on mir. Should I focus def only like normal, and run ting lu? Or is there some way to be bulky enough for non Tera/cb kor and to set up on mir?

Last edited:
Cress is so bulky that a simple max/max set can do decently against both. Something like this:
Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry​
Ability: Levitate​
Level: 50​
Tera Type: Fire​
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD​
Bold Nature​
IVs: 0 Atk​
- Calm Mind​
- Psyshock / Stored Power​
- Moonblast​
- Moonlight​
Is 3HKO'd by untera'd Koraidon (252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia in Sun: 95-112 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO) and from full or near full can Calm Mind on the hit from Miraidon and then heal enough from Sitrus Berry to stall it out with Moonlight from there. Electro Drift has VERY limited PP (even less if you PP stall with Eternatus' Pressure) and for both once terrain/weather ends you basically get a free turn where they can't touch you - Moonlight is also buffed by Koraidon's sun which is funny.
Psyshock can be immediately threatening, especially against the physically weak Flutter Mane and Calm Mind Miraidon, but Stored Power can quickly snowball - depends on your playstyle I guess. (Probably also worth mentioning that you speed tie with uninvested Terapagos which seems to be the most common set, you could try running 4 in Spe just to get around that).

I would still suggest going with Ting-Lu, it would greatly improve your Calyrex-S matchup and obviously in some games you might have to use Cress to take something out in the early game leaving it weak enough for Miraidon to revenge - Ting-Lu is a sort of catch all for that.
Edit: Or any of the other Ground types, since Ting-Lu and Crawdaunt are both Dark

Cress is so bulky that a simple max/max set can do decently against both. Something like this:
Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry​
Ability: Levitate​
Level: 50​
Tera Type: Fire​
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD​
Bold Nature​
IVs: 0 Atk​
- Calm Mind​
- Psyshock / Stored Power​
- Moonblast​
- Moonlight​
Is 3HKO'd by untera'd Koraidon (252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia in Sun: 95-112 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO) and from full or near full can Calm Mind on the hit from Miraidon and then heal enough from Sitrus Berry to stall it out with Moonlight from there. Electro Drift has VERY limited PP (even less if you PP stall with Eternatus' Pressure) and for both once terrain/weather ends you basically get a free turn where they can't touch you - Moonlight is also buffed by Koraidon's sun which is funny.
Psyshock can be immediately threatening, especially against the physically weak Flutter Mane and Calm Mind Miraidon, but Stored Power can quickly snowball - depends on your playstyle I guess. (Probably also worth mentioning that you speed tie with uninvested Terapagos which seems to be the most common set, you could try running 4 in Spe just to get around that).

I would still suggest going with Ting-Lu, it would greatly improve your Calyrex-S matchup and obviously in some games you might have to use Cress to take something out in the early game leaving it weak enough for Miraidon to revenge - Ting-Lu is a sort of catch all for that.
Edit: Or any of the other Ground types, since Ting-Lu and Crawdaunt are both Dark
Oh right, don't wanna ditch craw. But ting lu is still ok? It's practically been trained already.

Hm, cool cress set. I'll try fire, though it means changing fairy away.

Psyshock sounds very interesting, I'd normally think only stored power is ok, but I'll try that.

EDIT: I like what grimm does, but not the 3rd dark type. I'm thinking to go Whimsicott and maybe replace waterpon, or Klefki. Any thoughts? Neither of those mons are noteworth beyond trick for caly s, unlike grimm, but 3 darks is just so weak to fairy when I even lack any resists.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)