ORAS LC BABIES ATTACK

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi im r0ady i guess lol anyway i havent done an RMT in a while because i never get responses but this is a team i think really does need some help. Its Pineco hyper offense thats really fun to use on ladder and nets a good amount of wins, however it has some annoying issues that im not smart enough to fix lol

-I started off with pineco because im a UU player and custap forrey is the shit. So naturally i wanted something to set up hazards, get rid of their hazards, and blow their shit up after.

-Next up i went with a sash abra, because its fucking ridiculous and ohkos anything without an eviolite pretty much, also the spike support could turn those 2hkos into ohkos and 3hkos into 2hkos on the fat mons who can take a hit.

-sash gastly was added to spin block and give me yet another saftey nert with having 2 sash mons. its pretty strong and has taunt to piss off set up sweepers as well

-since i had a sash mon that didnt have magic guard at this point, i needed hazard control. Defog would be fucking stupid for obvious reasons so i went with my favorite offensive spinner in the tier, staryu, not to mention it gave me a bulky threat with eviolite.

-Next up to soak up defog i added pawnaird, who also gave me priority, knock off, an answer to fairies, and trapping.

-finally i wanted a win con so dd scraggy was thrown on. Its older brother is p shit in uu but this thing is threatening af against other babies and also provideds a fighting type to deal with ferro and more knock support.

THE TEAM

pineco.gif

OMLTHEHAZARDS (Pineco) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

hurray hazards. So yeah max jolly pineco to set up on as much as possible (whichisnt very much with a 12 speed tier :/) Fairly simple set up rocks then either boom or get up as many spikes as you can. spin is what makes this thing better than most hazard leads imo because it keeps other hazard leads from setting up. Obviously this thing has a lot of counters lol. Fake out+strong hit, rock blast, taunt, knock off all are annoying af for this tjhing, but when it works it works very well.

abra.gif

BORKEDBORKEDBORKED (Abra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dazzling Gleam

As the name suggests, i think this thing is broken af just because anything not holding an eviolite gets fucked by this. Standard sash because a strong wind will knock this thing out and i have psychic over shock because i dont see the point in a tier where most things spdef and def are exactly the same. energy ball to hit bulky waters that everyone loves to run and hp fighting to lure/make me not useless against pawniard, and finally d gleam to punch a dragon in the face. Unfortunatly having hp fighting means i have an 18 speed tier :/.

gastly.gif

BOP (Gastly) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 196 SpA / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

Because offense can never have enough sashed mons lol yet another pawniard lure with hp fighting because this team hates the little fucker. Obligatory dual stab for dual stabbing. and taunt is there as a last ditch effort to beat set up sweepers. since i have an abra alot of players assume im not sash and i get a somewhat free kill, although tbf this thing isnt that strong if its not hitting super effectivly .

staryu.gif

LEFTIES (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt

Offensive bulky staryu is without a boubt my fav spinner in the tier. It takes some clutch af hits and fucks shit up with hydro. Bolt beam coverage because its life and spin for spinnin. Chinchou completely shuts this down unfortunatly so if staryu comes in that huge ass threat gets free switchs :'(. This things speed tier is fantastic as well, while at the same time he can be hard to take out because of eviolite, not to mention its my status switch in.

pawniard.gif

NICE DEFOG NERD (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

All the drops... give me all of them pls. So pawniard is a no brainer as its the best defog absorber in the tier and gives me so much offensive support. Sucker punch gives me priority that this team VERY desperatkly needs and after a plus 2 forget it. die. Iron head to beat fiaries that also give this team problems (this thing is like glue i guess, keeping me from losing because iof a lot of factors.) knock off because its the greatest thing ever in this tier and pursuit to trap shit. I went with a bulkier spread since this is what i using to check alot of threats to my team.

scraggy.gif

NOT SHIT (Scraggy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab

Essentially my win con. Scraggys coverage heklps my team out tremendously, firing off knock offs to soften walls, p jabs to fuck up fairies, and drain punches to deal with ferroseed (fat piece of shit) This thing is stupid bulky especially after an intimidate and its usually not hard to set up 2 dds and proceed to rape the other team. Drain punch is amazing in lc because just a couple hit points is like half your health so its not hard to keep scraggy at full, and 4x resisting foul play means i can dd to the moon and back.

THREAT LIST

-Ferroseed- annoying to face, scraggy is usually my answer for it but it gets paraflinched be

-Pawniard- Theres a reason i have not one but 2 lures to this thing lol

-Stunky- nothing i have can take it on

-Mienfoo- Usually easy to play around but hard to switch into

EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

OMLTHEHAZARDS (Pineco) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

BOP (Gastly) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 196 SpA / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

NICE DEFOG NERD (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab

LEFTIES (Staryu) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt

So i really like this team but tbh i have no understanding of this tier lol I feel like a little love from someone who knows the tier can push this team to being great. thanks for reading frens :)

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, that's a pretty sweet team you've built. However, I see some things I'd like to help you with.
First off: Pineco is horribly outclassed by Dwebble, despite being able to Explode and Spin (Explosion is pretty bad though). You should generally get up more layers of hazards unless you are taunted and have the ability to smash Pawn / Foo / General physical attackers with counter giving it some offensive presence.

Next you have a Gastly + Abra core which is absolutely annihilated by Stunky; to remedy this, I'm going to say Life Orb Gastly over Sash Gastly. This alone does hardly anything, so the next move is to add Hidden Power [Ground] over Hidden Power [Fighting] and Subsitute over Taunt. This does several things for you: it gives you a strong wall breaker that is now nigh impossible to switch into, Sub allows you to bop the few switchins you have, and HP Ground furthers this but not making you Stunky's dinner.

200 SpA Life Orb Gastly Hidden Power Ground vs. 12 HP / 188 SpD Eviolite Stunky: 13-16 (56.5 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
Stunky is 2hko'ed, and has to play Sucker Punch / Pursuit mind games. Even if you lose said mind games, you can easily revenge with anything after SR.

You still have a great weakness to Pawniard however, and it is slightly worse than before. This, and your lack of priority makes Timburr over Scraggy appealing. Pancham or Mienfoo can also be considered to get Gastly in on Spritzee more easily. However, Timburr can check quite a lot of threats thanks to Mach Punch and can even sweep thanks to Bulk Up. Your team has quite a lot of Fairy slaying power behind it, though Snubbull will be a pain occasionally, so Poison Jab isn't needed, though you can run it over bulk up if you wish. This increases your ability to deal with Omanyte and Ferroseed marginally as well.

I have to make a minor nitpick about Pawn's EV's: they are sub optimal. 17 attack allows you to hit just as hard, and you don't lose anything noticeable at +2 from this. Jolly nature allows you to check a handful more pokemon, which increases its longevity. The EVs of 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe with a Jolly nature will help Pawn do what it wants too with a tad more potency.

Finally, Staryu should have some greater bulk than it does now. Your moveset is fairly okay, though you should probably consider Recover over Thunderbolt. This allows you to better check Ponyta and Mienfoo, which is pretty cool for you. Another option you can consider is Psychic over Ice Beam, as this still hits Foongus and allows you to hit Croagunk. However, you can stick to Ice Beam comfortably. I'm just going to leave the set I'm suggesting below.

Hope I helped!

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Counter / Rock Blast
- Knock Off / Rock Blast

Gastly @ Life Orb
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up / Poison Jab

Staryu @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam / Psychic

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi there, R0ady!

Fiend Hound's suggestions here are great, and I have an alternative suggestion here if you'd like to try that, one that will help fix the team's weakness to Stunky and Fighting-types. I agree that Pineco is unnecessary as a choice for a hazard layer when the team already has a spinner in Staryu. I also agree with Recover over Thunderbolt on Staryu for the reasons Fiend Hound mentioned.

->

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Substitute

I'd like to recommend replacing Gastly with offensive Substitute Archen. Not only does this allow you an added backbone for the team's Flying resistance (which Scraggy needs as your win condition), but Substitute allows for taking advantage of a fleeing Fletchling, not to mention the ability to safely activate your own Berry Juice and thereby double the power of Acrobatics. Earthquake smashes both Stunky and Pawniard, and Substitute punishes them if they attempt to strike first with Sucker Punch.

EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe -> 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

I'd like to point out that the EVs here are inefficient, because of the IV drop caused by running HP Fighting. You'll need to change to a spread of 240 SpA / 200 Spe to achieve optimal offensive potential here (20 Special Attack and a very important 19 Speed). Unfortunately, because of this IV drop, not enough EVs remain to make a difference when invested into other stats, but that is the way Abra is designed.

In LC, keep in mind that IV drops from 31 to 30 because of Hidden Power always require 4 extra EVs to restore stat values to their correct state.

Ability: Intimidate -> Shed Skin
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab

Assuming you keep Scraggy, I suggest replacing Intimidate with Shed Skin here, for two important reasons. First, Scraggy needs to be able to come in on Pawniard without giving it an Attack boost because of Defiant. Second, the ability to cure itself of troublesome status conditions such as burn and paralysis are vital at times to assure a successful sweep. Scraggy is an absolute monster in LC, provided that the opposing team is weakened and Fletchling is down. Abra handles the opposing Fighting-types, Pawniard handles the Fairy-types, and Archen and Pawniard can go toe to toe with opposing birds.

This concludes my rate! I wish you luck and success with your team! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)