ORAS OU B-Drilled!

Hi,
I decided to build Mega Beedrill team! I scored much more wins than loses (and most of loses were just because of crits and other haxes), but even though feel free to comment and rate it.

THE TEAM

DETAILS

B-drill (Beedrill) (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Protect
Beedrill is my main stinger in the team. His awesome speed allows it to tie with Sceptile as well as providing reliable fast U-turn. U-turn is thanks to Adaptability STAB pretty good move and due to momentum Beedrill doesnt have to take any damage and I usually force my opponent to switch again.
Poison Jab is alternative that hits Fairies and Grass mons very hard, and it is really strong move again because of the Adaptability STAB. Knock Off is chosen over Drill Run because I can Knock Off away Skarmory's Shed Shell and then being able to trap it with Magnezone. I still prefered Drill Run over Protect for a long time, but after changing it I felt better. Protect gives me momentum not just to gain the speed but as well to scout scarfed opponents and avoiding Fake Outs.

Magneto (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Magnezone's role in the team is to destroy Beedrill's main threats - Scizor, Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Thanks to momentum that Beedrill provides it isn't that hard. Thunderbolt is reliable STAB, when I decide I don't want to switch. Volt Switch is momentum move that allows me to switch. Flash Cannon is here for rare fairies and HP Fire to counte Scizor and Ferrothorn. Specs are chosen to boost the damage to sky high maximum so I can deal as much damage as possible. EVs in Speed should allow me to outrun Scizor and Skarmory.
EDIT: Timid Nature and maxed speed to reliably check Mega Gardevoir.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost
Well, I was searching for a long time for my defogger until I found this one. It is relatively bulky Pokemon that can take a few hits and provide reliable defog due to its awesome speed. It still carries damaging moves - namely Draco Meteor and Psyshock to hurt my opponent's hard, but its main role is just to use Defog and allow that Beedrill switching without taking too much residual damage (I cannot really let Beedrill U-turning while there are rocks on the field). Roost is obviously for healing itself.
EDIT: Set changed for Latias to be more offensive.

Bosch (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
This wall-machine is pretty nice, it can take most of Pokemon that would put me into trouble, like Scarfed Landorus and it can also Volt Switch, so I don't lose any priority. Will-O-Wisp is nice crippling move and nice residual damage that opponent has to take in addition to Beedrill's U-turn and rocks. Hydro Pump is nice and powerful STAB and I even think it is not optional move when I use Rotom-W so doesn't really matter. Pain Split over Resto Chesto so I could heal him more than one time (especially when I don't have even Heal Bell in a team, so I don't want to stuck asleep).

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
Heatran's my support Pokemon in the team. He's quite awesome. Toxic cripples opponent so he can be easily worn down (better for bulky threats, sometimes necessary for Slowbro-M). Lava Plume is main STAB, chosen over Flamethrower and Magma Storm because the awesome chance to burn and reliable accuracy. Stealth Rock is for residual damage on my opponent's part so the game doesn't have to last that long. Roar is phasing option to deal with Volcarona and Zard Y, but it provides another Stealth Rock damage as well, so it is my prefered move.

RainbowDash (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
The last place on my team took Keldeo. I chose this little pony so I could counter opposing Bisharp, since I really need the rocks away on my side of the field. He is one of those really powerful mons that punishes hard everything on switch in. Hydro Pump is main STAB that hurts for ton of damage, Scald is little bit less powerful move, but it has pretty high chance for burning opponent. Secret Sword is anti-Chansier and works nice against Tyranitar as well. Icy Wind is against Landorus, Gliscor and dragons.
The reason I chose Scarf over Specs is that I want to outrun base 110 Speed mons, because now those are really well spread. He can as well outrun Sceptile and OHKO it with Icy Wind. Timid over Modest, because after countering Bisharp I might stay without item (it is really probable) so I don't lose that necessary Speed of Keldeo. It's mainly for tanking Knock Off better.
EDIT: Specs changed because Magnezone's already Scarfed.

IMPORTABLE

B-drill (Beedrill) (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Magneto (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar

RainbowDash (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

So thats it. I hope you enjoyed reading and I look forward to your rating.​

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, nice team, I have to say! At the moment you're pretty weak to stall, so I would suggest a TauntTran over your Heatran, which can still sponge special hits pretty well, and also, Rotom-W should run 44 speed to outspeed max speed jolly bd azumarill, which sweeps you at the moment (except for keldeo, but you can't do anything to it. Also, I would suggest Life Orb>Leftovers on Latias, as well as Healing Wish over Roost. (I mean, why would you use Latias over Latios without Healing Wish?)

EDIT: Just a minor thing: Do you have any replays?

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Roar/Toxic

I hoped I helped, and good luck with laddering!

Last edited:
Hi there, nice team, I have to say! At the moment you're pretty weak to stall, so I would suggest a TauntTran over your Heatran, which can still sponge special hits pretty well, and also, Rotom-W should run 44 speed to outspeed max speed jolly bd azumarill, which sweeps you at the moment (except for keldeo, but you can't do anything to it. Also, I would suggest Life Orb>Leftovers on Latias, as well as Healing Wish over Roost. (I mean, why would you use Latias over Latios without Healing Wish?)

EDIT: Just a minor thing: Do you have any replays?

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Roar/Toxic

I hoped I helped, and good luck with laddering!
I changed my Rotom's EV to be like you wrote to outrun Azumarill max Spe, even though I have never met Azumarill that outspeeds me and I think that there is not such set as 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe Jolly Belly Drum. I am considering changing Heatran, but to be honest I did not have any problems with Stall teams and Roar and Toxic did really help me a lot with threats like Volcarona.

As for Latias I am now trying your suggest, but I still think Roost > Healing Wish (I am using your EV spread though).
The reason Latias is here over Latios is the bulk I want to have while switching in so I could Defog. Roost is here so I could heal myself (especially now, when Leftovers is gone). With Healing Wish and without Roost I can be easily brought down because I lack recovery and then I have no defogger and that is fatal for my Beedrill. Latios would be weaker, my strategy is Volt Turn, so I could switch from Beedrill or Magnezone to something really defensive like Rotom-W or Latias. Latios isn't simply that bulky to use my strategy well.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team's biggest weakness is to Mega-Metagross. It can easily come in on Latias and start wrecking havoc. Rotom-W isn't even an answer becuase it's 2HKO'd by Zen Headbutt and once Metagross switches in on Latios is has next to no reason not to Zen Headbutt because even if Latias stays in, it won't be able to deal any damage to it. Also, it can easily be brought down to a point where the combination of Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt will KO. One way I can think of for dealing with this is running Bulky Starmie over Latias, Starmie is able to check Kedleo which is Latios's main role andcan also serve as a fast, bulky spinner, and has the advantage of dealing with Mega-Metagross, and you get to keep your own rocks too which is nice especially when you're facing Pinsir/Talonflame. However, this makes you more vulnerable to Landorus-I (that being said, it is still able to deal with it to some extent, and Landous-I isn't that common and you aren't too weak to it). Another problem with is that it is spinblocked by Sableye which you are already weak to, this means you will have a hard time breaking past Sableye teams if you let them get their rocks up so be careful. (you could run an offensive LO set to mitigate this but that leaves you unable to consistently spin= You also may not want 3 water types on your team due to type synergy reasons which is understandable.I'm not sure this change is for the best but Mega-Metagross is such a threat atm that you may as well try it out.

You are also weak to Mega Charizard-X with Earthquake which, if it carries EQ, deals a lot of damage to your team and sets up easily on Magnezone and Rotom-W. Physically Defensive Landorus-T over Rotom-W would fit well on this team to fix this weakness+potentially give you a second Knock Off user to remove Shed Shells+give you a good switchin to Scarf Mold Breaker Excadrill+can run SR to free a moveslot on Heatran if you want to run Protect, so it would provide a lot to this team overall.

I would also run a Choice Scarf on Magnezone, this enables it to check Mega-Gardevoir who otherwise is extremely threatening to your team, makes it less vulnerable to Mega-Gallade and EQ Latios which nothing on your team really switch into, and can also help it check Mega-Pinsir and relieve some strain off Rotom-W/Landorus-T. Unfortunately, this leaves you without a dedicated wallbreaker, but since Magnezone traps Steels you are still able to break down bulky teams so I don't think this is too much of a problem (Though don't do this if you decide not to run Clefable, since then Sableye just stomps all over you). If this becomes a problem, you could run Choice Specs on Keldeo, however this leaves you without a revenge killer and more vulnerable to Mega-Metagross and Mega-Manectric.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Stealth Rock

Magneto (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

RainbowDash (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Hope this helps!

To be honest I have much more issues with breaking Megas like Sableye or Slowbro than Metagross, however you are mostly right, you are also right about that I dont want to have three water types in same team. Also this purpose of Starmie seems little bit weird to me.

... Isn't Landorus-T already good counter to Metagross?

But I will do some testings and I will write you result.

EDIT: Also Latias > Starmie, because I can switch into EQ to Defog (mainly speaking about opposing Landorus-T)

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To be honest I have much more issues with breaking Megas like Sableye or Slowbro than Metagross, however you are mostly right, you are also right about that I dont want to have three water types in same team. Also this purpose of Starmie seems little bit weird to me.

... Isn't Landorus-T already good counter to Metagross?

But I will do some testings and I will write you result.
Well Starmie is basically a dedicated spinner, much like Latias on your team appears to be a dedicated defogger. Starmie is able to beat a few more rock setters though.

And yes, now that I think about it, if you run Scarf on Magnezone you'll probably have a lot of trouble breaking past Mega-Slowbro and Mega-Sableye. In fact, I completely forgot about these two when I made my rate, that's my bad. Mega-Sableye especially looks annoying since you have no way to beat it if it gets to +2 besides Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump if you decide to go with that. Not really sure how to deal with this and not have trouble dealing with Gardevoir/Gallade/other wallbreakers which Scarf Magnezone can check and Specs Magnezone can't.
Perhaps Clefable could fit on your team, it deals with Sableye perfectly, however it needs to be Unaware as well as run Calm Mind in order to deal with Mega-Slowbro. You could I guess replace it for Heatran and put Stealth rocks on Landorus-T but you become much weaker to Talonflame in the process (maybe run Thunderbolt on it? You also hit Slowbro harder).
Tail Glow+Energy Ball Manaphy can also break past these, you may want to try that over Keldeo but this worsens your matchup against offensive teams so you pretty much need Scarf on Magnezone from that point on, and also you become very weak to Bisharp. Not really sure how this can be fixed tbh. It's worth noting that Starmie is actually able to muscle past Bisharp thanks to Reflect Type while Latias is setup fodder for it.

Landorus-T is a check to Mega-Metagross, however it can't switch into it consistently, which MMetagross can switch into Latias many times, so in the end dealing with it will be an uphill battle

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)