Avatar The Last Airbender: "Legend of Korra"

Good to hear they're going to make a new arc to compensate us for the atrocity that was the movie. I didn't even watch all of it, thats how bad it was.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
They wouldn't need to travel if the show takes place inside one city, but the avatar still needs a spirit animal. So what is a water bender's spirit animal? The original water bender was the moon, so can't be that.

They wouldn't need to travel if the show takes place inside one city, but the avatar still needs a spirit animal. So what is a water bender's spirit animal? The original water bender was the moon, so can't be that.
Was it really the moon? I remember that Fire, Earth, and Air were Dragon, Badger-Mole, and Sky Bison respectively...and ya...What episode did they say it was the moon (I would assume it would be one of the last episodes of book 1).

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
They say it during The Firebending Masters, when its suggested to find the original firebenders everyone talks about the original benders for each element.

EDIT:
No, that's wrong, so it must be late Book 1.

What do you mean spirit animal? The waterbenders learned waterbending from the moon as it was the original waterbender. There was nothing about spirit animals.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
What do you mean spirit animal? The waterbenders learned waterbending from the moon as it was the original waterbender. There was nothing about spirit animals.
Might've gotten confused seeing how all the other originals 'benders were animals.

Also as a hard-core Avatar I can't wait to see this. A bit weirded out how she starts with 3/4 of the elements, though? But I guess starting just like Aang would've been stupid and boring.

Also FUCK YES PROTAGONIST IS A TOMBOY FEMALE

edit: oh yeah I think Fish (???) have a somewhat important role in... Waterbending? Remember the North Pole's tribe? They had a pair of yin-yang fishes that seemed to be very important. Maybe he's talking about that? I remember them being somewhat of the embodiment of the Moon or something close to that.

edit2: in fact it was until they died that Aang became the "Moon Spirit" himself and pretty much singlehandedly beat the Fire nation's invasion on the north pole.

edit3: northern water tribe

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
In the episode The Spirit World, Aang says that a dragon was Rokku's spirit animal and that Appa is his.

edit: oh yeah I think Fish (???) have a somewhat important role in... Waterbending? Remember the North Pole's tribe? They had a pair of yin-yang fishes that seemed to be very important. Maybe he's talking about that? I remember them being somewhat of the embodiment of the Moon or something close to that.
They were the spirits of the moon and the ocean. They were spirits and animals, but I doubt they ever left that cave. The three bending animals we know of are all big and powerful, the fish are intentionally weak.

Fang was Avatar Roku's friendly dragon and loyal steed. Fang was at Roku's side from his birth until his death. He was Roku's companion, much like Appa and Aang.
Hope this clears it up vonFiedler. However if Korra did have a companion I suspect it to be a giant fish or sea creature of some sort.

Hope this clears it up vonFiedler. However if Korra did have a companion I suspect it to be a giant fish or sea creature of some sort.
Maybe the Serpent's Pass sea monster baby? The show really didn't showcase water animals. There were all kinds of pigs, the bird rooster thing Zuko rode, Appa, Momo etc. They could easily intorduce new species. City Panther from Momo's short story anyone? Also, fish would be hard to pull off since its a steam punk world.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Source? Is that supposed to be one of the shows creators clarifying this or is it just from some fan wiki? Cause episode 107 specifically states that Roku and Aang have animal guides. Doesn't mean all Avatars do, but it seems to imply that its a common practice.

new info

http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010-legend-of-korra-interview

* As mentioned , the cabbage merchant will not appear, but "his legacy will be present in some form."
* As an evolution of the first series, The Legend of Korra will have more sophistication to it, but still keep the humor, fun hybrid animals, and action.
* It won't cover more mature subject material necessarily, just different mature subjects. "It won't be another war, but a different sort of conflict."
* On whether or not we'd see a love interest for Korra: "We love that stuff. We're total cornballs, we love cheesy teen romance. Rest assured, there's plenty or romance happening in the story, but it's the same balance of ingredients that we like."
* Katara IS in fact the mother of Aang's offspring, who will be central to the show. "We didn't mean for it to be a big super-secret, that they end up together."
* On the persecution of Airbenders being compared to the X-Men registration act: "We'll see something like that, but in sort of a different structure."
* Will it be a very different world from where we left off? "Yes and no, the world has definitely changed, and evolved, and advanced, but we're very conscious of keeping the same feeling. Not totally different, but it's definitely generations later."
* "There will definitely only be one Avatar at a time, and it is Korra."
* So will Aang have any kind of presence? "Yes...in his way."
* DiMartino and Konietzko will continue to work with Joaquim Dos Santos and Ryuki Hung, working to improve the design and animation.
* The Legend of Korra will in fact be a mini-series, with Michael and Bryan directly writing each episode.
* "As a mini-series, it's going to be really tight. While we really love the filler episodes, those are some of our favorites, this thing is just lean and mean. It's a really cool driving story."

I think the most interesting implication of this is that Aang died at the age of only sixty four (or one hundred and sixty four, depending).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO CABBAGE MAN ;_;

it mentioned an anti-bender movement, so it may just be x men !_! My main interest is how the spiritual world and past lives would fit in. I know it said only one Avatar, but maybe Korra talking to her dad who is also her past life (awkward).

I edited and fixed it. Sixty four. Just do the math. One hundred plus ten plus seventy minus sixteen.
Aang was 12 during the entire series. Which means he died somewhere between 12-82 years old.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO CABBAGE MAN ;_;

it mentioned an anti-bender movement, so it may just be x men !_! My main interest is how the spiritual world and past lives would fit in. I know it said only one Avatar, but maybe Korra talking to her dad who is also her past life (awkward).
Aang isn't Korra's dad.

Katara IS in fact the mother of Aang's offspring, who will be central to the show.
Makes it sound like there will be more than one-two offspring, don't you think? I'm guessing at least two, how agout twins (one is Tenzin/Airbender, other Waterbender)?.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
The only reason people think Korra is Aang's daughter is because they heard Aang and Katara had a child that was important to the show and they jumped to conclusions. Having Korra be Aang's daughter seems very unfitting of the Avatar cycle.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only reason people think Korra is Aang's daughter is because they heard Aang and Katara had a child that was important to the show and they jumped to conclusions. Having Korra be Aang's daughter seems very unfitting of the Avatar cycle.
Right. And I thought that one character was all ready revealed to be Tenzin, who is responsible for teaching Korra her last element (Air).

So where is this stuff about Korra being Aang's daughter still coming from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)