Ask a stupid question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's probably some obvious answer to this that I'm to dumb to see, but why is soft-resetting generally preferred of just flipping the switch?

I apologise in advance for the stupidity of this question, and for the fact that it probably belongs in another forum.

Soft resetting cuts out the whole "choosing what game you wanna play" on the DS main menu.

Also please for the love or Arceus get rid of your signature. It's huge and hideous.

Can I be the first to congratulate the OP on his fantastic sig.

Soft-resetting is pressing A+B+Start+select together.

Thanks. So what about the GBA games? Any particular reason to soft-reset there other than to avoid the GAME BOY screen?

And I'll go take care of that sig now...

Hey another question... In the Pokedex in Serebii, near the bottom they list the Egg moves that a pokemon can learn. Does this mean that as long as your pokemon started from an egg, it learn the Egg moves, or does the Male parent have to know the move??

And in the Serebii dex under LevelUp moves, there are some moves that some Pokemon learn which appear right at the top of LevelUp moves, there is no level stated as to when the Pokemon learns the moves. So how to you get those moves? Breeding?

The Thread title literally says, "Ask a stupid question"...
=P

But to answer the stupid questions: The male parent needs to know the egg moves if the baby is going to learn them. To get the moves without a level you need to go to the Move relearner in Pastoria and give him a Heart Scale and choose to learn the move.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Should have been put in the "Ask a simple question..." thread as well.

Could the OP also please remove the friend code from their profile? Not only does it stretch the page, but "3436-9700-somethingsomethingsomethingsomething (can't remember at the moment)" doesn't help anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)