Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Drizzle Double Battle Mechanics Questions:

Basically my questions boil down to whether switching in a Drizzle Pokémon has instant effects on the battle or whether I need to wait until the next turn. Thx for any help!

Example: say I have a Smeargle and a Swift Swim Horsea as a lead. I switch Smeargle to my Drizzle Politoed. Does the Rain Politoed brings on the switch add a 50% boost to any Water move Horsea uses this same turn? Similarly, does it instantly double Horsea's Speed for this turn or is Horsea's Speed already determined for this turn?

@Thor, thanks very much.

@ Calisto I wanna say yes, b/c something similar happened to em. But I can't answer 100% certainly

2 Drizzle Double Battle Mechanics Questions:

Basically my questions boil down to whether switching in a Drizzle Pokémon has instant effects on the battle or whether I need to wait until the next turn. Thx for any help!

Example: say I have a Smeargle and a Swift Swim Horsea as a lead. I switch Smeargle to my Drizzle Politoed. 1.) Does the Rain Politoed brings on the switch add a 50% boost to any Water move Horsea uses this same turn? Similarly, 2.)does it instantly double Horsea's Speed for this turn or is Horsea's Speed already determined for this turn?
1.) For this one I'm not sure. I'd like to say no, but I'm not 100% sure.

2.) No. Horsea's speed will not double on the same turn that it begins to rain.

133k:

For the second question, the Speed actually does double; however, any Speed changes during a round will not change the turn order in that round. This means that after Rain Dance is used, the Pokemon with Swift Swim won't have the chance to attack immediately after it's used. Effects that rely on the Pokemon's Speed for purposes other than turn order, such as Gyro Ball and Electro Ball, will still take the Swift Swim effect into account.

1)Where is the guy telling you about the overall potential of your Pokemon in bw?
2) Where is the guy telling you the hidden power of your Pokemon in bw?

Question on evs: Is there a person that gives out the effort ribbon in B/W? if not, how do you know when your evs are maxed out?
I've been ev training and unless i've done the math wrong, i have 191 evs in sp. def, but when i try and use a zinc it says it'll have no effect, although i've only used one or two of those.

Question on evs: Is there a person that gives out the effort ribbon in B/W? if not, how do you know when your evs are maxed out?
I've been ev training and unless i've done the math wrong, i have 191 evs in sp. def, but when i try and use a zinc it says it'll have no effect, although i've only used one or two of those.
there is a girl in one of the houses in opelucid city that will tell u if your EVs are maxed by saying "this pokemon has worked really hard!" or something like that. and you can only use vitamins if your EVs in that stat are less than 100, so using the zinc when u have 191 wont work. using the EV wings will work though.

My question:
Are there any other places in black that you can find a firestone besides the guy at the docks, desert, or in a random dustcloud? if i cant find one other than in a dustcloud what are the chances of finding one and where is the best location to hunt for them?

there is a girl in one of the houses in opelucid city that will tell u if your EVs are maxed by saying "this pokemon has worked really hard!" or something like that. and you can only use vitamins if your EVs in that stat are less than 100, so using the zinc when u have 191 wont work. using the EV wings will work though.

My question:
Are there any other places in black that you can find a firestone besides the guy at the docks, desert, or in a random dustcloud? if i cant find one other than in a dustcloud what are the chances of finding one and where is the best location to hunt for them?
wow, thank you so much. and can't you buy firestones in black city?

My question:
When you get lucky and battle a specific trainer in Black City you can buy as many as you'd like in the...market/store thing.
EDIT: Ace Trainer Vincent has a Magmortar at level 62 that makes the Fire Stones available.

well i dont have that trainer in my black city and i dont have somebody with white that i can easily entralink with, so i guess im stuck with dustclouds >__> any suggestions where they are easy to farm?

well i dont have that trainer in my black city and i dont have somebody with white that i can easily entralink with, so i guess im stuck with dustclouds >__> any suggestions where they are easy to farm?
I'm not quite sure about the find rate but any cave seems to work, albeit the chance of finding Excadrill/Drilbur is annoying.

Okay, I have a question - What the heck is the language used for this person's OT and default Pokemon's names? I'm thinking it's Korean or something, but I thought Korean games couldn't interact with English games..

The Battle Video number is 71-64052-20612

Edit: I also have Japanese Platinum, there are no characters similar to the ones in those names.

Virizion:

The Pokemon Black and White games do include Korean characters. Non-Korean versions of Generation 4 games did not include Korean characters; when a Pokemon from a Korean language version is received from such games, any Korean characters (which would have been unrecognized in such games) would be displayed as question marks.

Virizion:

The Pokemon Black and White games do include Korean characters. Non-Korean versions of Generation 4 games did not include Korean characters; when a Pokemon from a Korean language version is received from such games, any Korean characters (which would have been unrecognized in such games) would be displayed as question marks.
I know about the last part (I have a NoK Mew named "?????" or something), but does that mean the Korean events are now allowed to be traded (Like in #spp-WiFi, they say that Korean events cannot be traded which I understand is the case for Gen 4)?

OK, so I have some quick questions about some things if anyone can help me out.

Do EV's affect IV's during breeding? So lets say I have a Exadrill with 252 EV's in Attack, 252 in Speed, and 4 in HP, but now I want more Drilburs. Would having those EV's on my Exadrill affect the IV's of my Pokemon in any Positive or Negative way during breeding for IVs?

Second question, does the level or duration of the Pokemon(s) breeding affect the eggs in anyway? As an example I have a Male Pokemon at a low level, with a egg move breeding as it levels up, and I constantly take it out and put it back into the day care to make sure the egg move does not disappear. Does this affect breeding in any positive or negative way?

Thanks in advanced for any help!

OK, so I have some quick questions about some things if anyone can help me out.

Do EV's affect IV's during breeding? So lets say I have a Exadrill with 252 EV's in Attack, 252 in Speed, and 4 in HP, but now I want more Drilburs. Would having those EV's on my Exadrill affect the IV's of my Pokemon in any Positive or Negative way during breeding for IVs?

Second question, does the level or duration of the Pokemon(s) breeding affect the eggs in anyway? As an example I have a Male Pokemon at a low level, with a egg move breeding as it levels up, and I constantly take it out and put it back into the day care to make sure the egg move does not disappear. Does this affect breeding in any positive or negative way?

Thanks in advanced for any help!
1 No they dont affect.
2 No, it doesnt affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)