Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
What occurrences besides switching moves end the count of Fury Cutter and Metronome? Examples (that I'm not sure about): flinch, attraction, paralysis, Sky Drop

I'm using Specs Jolteon on my rain team. What moves should it have beside Thunder & Volt Switch?
Hp ice for dragons, or hp fighting for steels. i dont recommend fire on a rain team
Other coverage moves are shadow ball for ghosts/psychics or signal beam for darks
You could also replace volt switch with charge beam, add substitue, and make a set up sweep
Actually, my jolteon has fake tears and it has worked perfectly. Not only causes a lot of switches but i once OHKOed a t-tar with signal beam after it switched into a fake tears

Zacchaeus:

Though it might have changed this generation, here is how Fury Cutter worked in generation 4:

My description for Fury Cutter:

"A multiplier, X (which begins at 0), increases by 1 if this attack is successful, up to a maximum of 4. X is reset to 0 when user is replaced [that is, leaves the field], when user falls asleep or becomes frozen; or when an attack by the user is prevented from being used, is avoided by the opponent, or becomes ineffective. This attack's power is multiplied by 2 to the power of X."

In generation 4, the counter used for Metronome roughly corresponds to the number of times the holder chose the same move for use. In general, the counter is unchanged if the move fails or is prevented from being used, but it's much more complicated than that; see my item list for generation 4 for more information.

I will work on whether there are any changes for generation 5, but the above should be of help, I hope.

umm just to make sure of the eviolite

a physically defensive gligar with eviolite can take physical hits better than a physically defensive gliscor?

assuming they both have impish natures with 252hp and 252def

if its true, is the difference between the damage they take significant?

Simipour.. i need some help with it. In-game, but still want it to be lethal. Just basically, what is the best set for it.. [no egg moves]

Gengar FTW:

Here's what I found according to my calculations:

- For a Gligar with Eviolite, the sum of ratios of HP remaining after taking damage from different attacks from different Pokemon, would be about 31.7.
- For Gliscor, the sum would be about 30.6.

So, a Gligar with Eviolite is likely more defensive than a Gliscor. I can't say, however, whether the difference is significant. It can be said, though that a Bulbasaur with Eviolite with the same EVs and nature is less defensive than a Venusaur with those EVs and nature -- 28.4 vs. 29.2.

How the calculations were done:

I used a JavaScript program I created to determine the calculations. The result is derived from sum of ratios of HP remaining after taking a single attack with a power of 60, 80, 100, and 120, from Pokemon whose Attack base stats are 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, an Attack IV of 31, and an Attack EV of 255.
It's the same algorithm I use to determine the best way to distribute HP, Defense, and Special Defense EVs in my stat calculator.

Gengar FTW:

Here's what I found according to my calculations:

- A Gligar with Eviolite would have about 31.7% of HP remaining after taking damage from the average attack.
- A Gliscor would have about 30.6% of HP remaining after taking damage from the average attack.

So, a Gligar with Eviolite is likely more defensive than a Gliscor. I can't say, however, whether the difference is significant. It can be said, though that a Bulbasaur with Eviolite with the same EVs and nature is less defensive than a Venusaur with those EVs and nature -- 28.4% vs. 29.2%.
I think it's pretty important to note that the Eviolite means no Lefties/ Poison Heal recovery.

Sajak:

That's true. Using Eviolite naturally means giving up Leftovers, Black Sludge, and other useful items. Therefore, whether Gligar with Eviolite is ultimately more defensive than Gliscor depends on how much in-battle testing both Pokemon have undergone. There are so many things nowadays that influence the defensive capabilities of Pokemon.

So I'm trying to breed a Ferrothorn, and I was wondering if it's fine to use a Sassy Ferrothorn over a Relaxed Ferrothorn (like the one in the OU Analysis thread) and what would be the best EV spread for it.

Ok I tried to look around before asking this, but I can't find anything on it. If this is the wrong place to post this, sorry.
Serebii mentions a limit on the amount of pokemon that can be sent over into your game. They cap it off at 50, meaning (at least my understanding) that after you transfer 50 pokemon from the dream world, you can't ever transfer anymore.
Serebii later mentioned that the limit was withdrawn but when i entered my first dream world, fennel mentioned something about a limit as well.
Does anybody know about this or have over 50 pokemon transferred to prove it wrong? Im a little scared to transfer pokemon over if the limit is 50. Thanks.

Ok I tried to look around before asking this, but I can't find anything on it. If this is the wrong place to post this, sorry.
Serebii mentions a limit on the amount of pokemon that can be sent over into your game. They cap it off at 50, meaning (at least my understanding) that after you transfer 50 pokemon from the dream world, you can't ever transfer anymore.
Serebii later mentioned that the limit was withdrawn but when i entered my first dream world, fennel mentioned something about a limit as well.
Does anybody know about this or have over 50 pokemon transferred to prove it wrong? Im a little scared to transfer pokemon over if the limit is 50. Thanks.
The limit is for the ENTREE FOREST in the ENTRALINK IN YOUR GAME
If there are 50 Pokemon uncaught in the forest, you can't transfer over anymore until you catch them.

It is not talking about only ever being able to transfer only 50

It doesn't mention the abilities, nor is it a complete list of all the female Japanese Pokemon currently available in Dream World. Anyone else?
..Wow, it tells you both of those.. It gives you a COMPLETE list of ALL the Pokemon available in the DW, and it shouldn't have to list abilities because they're all DREAM WORLD POKEMON.

I shouldn't have even helped you in the first place.

So I'm trying to breed a Ferrothorn, and I was wondering if it's fine to use a Sassy Ferrothorn over a Relaxed Ferrothorn (like the one in the OU Analysis thread) and what would be the best EV spread for it.
I've seen more sassy ferrothorns than anything, thanks to the higher base def stat, you still take things like outrages very well. To be honest the comments on ferro analysis itself says it can be sassy in order to take the ones like latios, gengar etc.
And since the majority of fire moves come from special atackers, sassy is in my point of view, as good as the one in analysis. For EV split the usual 252/252/6 is fine.

Smeargle: How do you get moves on it, legitimately, that aren't learned by Wild Pokemon in general?

Is there some secret I'm not getting? Sketching an allied pokemon during wild double battles? Or is it something as stupidly simple as preparing a Pokemon with nothing but the move you want, baiting a wild Ditto into copying it, then swapping in the Smeargle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)