Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I use a sandstorm team consisting of the following...

-Hippowdon-Lead
-Tyranitar-Special wall(RestTalk+curse)
-Empoleon(Agility subpetaya)
-Rotom(Leaf storm one , physical wall)

What would be best for the last two spots out of the following?
-Scizor(LifeOrb)Gyarados(Bulky Gyarados)
Scizor is immune to sandstorm but adds another Fire weakness[Thats if you consider my last option]

-Metagross/Lucario(Both the agility sets)
Lucario can hit harder and has more SE coverage on pokemon then Metagross , but adds another Fighting weakness[Both tho , add a fire weakness which I said in my first spot question]

If you have anything to suggest other than what i've asked it would be greatly helpful.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Only two fire weaknesses on a team with empoleon and hippowdon probably won't matter, so you don't really need to consider that when deciding between Gyara and Scizor, but as for Metagross and Lucario, I would take Metagross' higher Attack and Lucario's better type coverage and brutal close combat into consideration. I would suggest Lucario, but if you find that its close combat isn't hitting hard enough due to not using SD and using Agility, I would try Metagross.

EDIT: However, as Rotom is you only real Infernape check (and it's not even a good check), I would suggest a poke that can counter Infernape reliably, like maybe vaporeon, tentacruel, or starmie, or a revenge killer like Azelf or Dugtrio.

Only two fire weaknesses on a team with empoleon and hippowdon probably won't matter, so you don't really need to consider that when deciding between Gyara and Scizor, but as for Metagross and Lucario, I would take Metagross' higher Attack and Lucario's better type coverage and brutal close combat into consideration. I would suggest Lucario, but if you find that its close combat isn't hitting hard enough due to not using SD and using Agility, I would try Metagross.
>_> Neither hippowdon or Empoleon resist fire..

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
Does anybody know the possible items that you can recieve from the Battle Arcade roulette?
It says on Bulbapedia that you get a silver commemorative print if you win 22 consecutive battles, and a gold commemorative print if you win 50 consecutive battles.

EDIT: If you mean the items from the actual roulette, it seems that they are completely random. The URL is http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Generation_IV)#Battle_Arcade, see if you can figure it out. It seems pretty vague to me.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
Yeah, you'll see that I edited my post. I completely forgot. I fail miserably. Sorry to Saif, too, for misleading you, although hopefully you aren't as dumb as I am.

If a move has less than 100% accuracy, say, 85%, and you use a move that increases your accuracy or decreases it, will the moves' accuracy change during the battle?

Basically, can stone edge get to 100% accuracy?

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
If Gravity is used, then Stone Edge has 100% accuracy as Gravity reduces the evasion of each pokemon by 3/5. However, Defog and Sweet Scent reduce evasion of a target, so that if they are used enough times (twice...I think), Stone Edge will have 100% accuracy on that targeted pokemon. Also, Machamp's ability No Guard makes all moves hit, so that any Stone Edge used by Machamp will hit.

Thanks for the advice to the both of you , although I do believe the CC from Lucario does shit high with LifeOrb+STAB.

And also do you think I should change my tyranitar set? Because , even with the curse defense boost and the special defense EV's and sandstorm boosts , tyranitar just has so many weaknesses!I can either go Full offense for the sake of damage or switch him out with special wall cradily.

If I use a sandstorm team consisting of the following...

-Hippowdon-Lead
-Tyranitar-Special wall(RestTalk+curse)
-Empoleon(Agility subpetaya)
-Rotom(Leaf storm one , physical wall)

What would be best for the last two spots out of the following?
-Scizor(LifeOrb)Gyarados(Bulky Gyarados)
Scizor is immune to sandstorm but adds another Fire weakness[Thats if you consider my last option]

-Metagross/Lucario(Both the agility sets)
Lucario can hit harder and has more SE coverage on pokemon then Metagross , but adds another Fighting weakness[Both tho , add a fire weakness which I said in my first spot question]

If you have anything to suggest other than what i've asked it would be greatly helpful.
I would go probably with gyara > Scizor. You already have 3 ground-weak pokes, and rotom is your only resistance. If you lose rotom, you can be in trouble just with one kind of attack, which is never good.

Also, while playing with my agi subpetaya empoleon, i've realized that it is usually better paired with a spinner or a lead that doesn't allow your opponent to lay stealth rock. It makes it way easier for you to activate the petaya boost with 25% HP remaining and that means that a CB Scizor BP or a non-SD ES from Luke won't ko you. Anyway, in that team, is difficult to throw any of them in.

Between agilitygross and agility luke, i think i would go for the gross or an SD luke instead of agility, although having empoleon for the late game, i would probably choose a CBgross/luke or Specsluke for pressure and finish the job with empoleon/gyara.

It says on Bulbapedia that you get a silver commemorative print if you win 22 consecutive battles, and a gold commemorative print if you win 50 consecutive battles.

EDIT: If you mean the items from the actual roulette, it seems that they are completely random. The URL is http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Generation_IV)#Battle_Arcade, see if you can figure it out. It seems pretty vague to me.
Thanks. But is there like a list of the possible items you can get? Can you get items such as Life Orb or even choice items?

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
Thanks for the advice to the both of you , although I do believe the CC from Lucario does shit high with LifeOrb+STAB.

And also do you think I should change my tyranitar set? Because , even with the curse defense boost and the special defense EV's and sandstorm boosts , tyranitar just has so many weaknesses!I can either go Full offense for the sake of damage or switch him out with special wall cradily.
Although Tyranitar has more weaknesses, especially to some common types like water and ground, it also has more resistances than Cradily does. Also, as explained in the analysis on tyranitar's smogon page, that set is meant to be used after powerful choice users and fighting types are eliminated from the field. So if you can do that, then use that set, but if you have trouble with that, then you should probably try DDTar or Choice Banded Tyranitar for pure damage. I don't know the exact strategy for eliminating these pokemon, but if you can find it, the cursing set looks like a good idea.

Thanks. But is there like a list of the possible items you can get? Can you get items such as Life Orb or even choice items?
It looks like it. On the page, it says that there is a possibility of "All pokemon gain a held item" for the "remainder of the round". So it looks like you can't keep the items you get from the Battle Roulette.

It looks like it. On the page, it says that there is a possibility of "All pokemon gain a held item" for the "remainder of the round". So it looks like you can't keep the items you get from the Battle Roulette.
Oh I know you don't keep the items after the streak is over. I'm just wondering what kinds of items you can get.

Anyway, regading that link you gave me (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Generation_IV)#Battle_Arcade); I was looking at the Battle Hall section and is it true that the BP you earn is based on your total record? So say I have 4 different Pokemon who have had 150 streaks (600 total), does that mean I will receive 10 BP when I go on a streak with a different Pokemon for the first time?

Oh I know you don't keep the items after the streak is over. I'm just wondering what kinds of items you can get.

Anyway, regading that link you gave me (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Generation_IV)#Battle_Arcade); I was looking at the Battle Hall section and is it true that the BP you earn is based on your total record? So say I have 4 different Pokemon who have had 150 streaks (600 total), does that mean I will receive 10 BP when I go on a streak with a different Pokemon for the first time?
That's actually when you talk to a man standing next to the record computer. He awards you BP when you hit those numbers. You still only earn like 1 BP directly for 10-battle streak.

I do know that when I lost my one and only attempt at the Roulette, it was after the first fight with the Frontier Brain and all my pokes received an Iron Ball. So, I'd say they can be given any held items.

That's actually when you talk to a man standing next to the record computer. He awards you BP when you hit those numbers. You still only earn like 1 BP directly for 10-battle streak.
Ah, that makes sense. I thought it must have meant something else cause I received BP ranging from 7-12 after getting to streaks of 120+.

Thanks heaps for the info, I totally did not know about that guy! Just received 19BP for my Salamence's 183 streak. :)

I do know that when I lost my one and only attempt at the Roulette, it was after the first fight with the Frontier Brain and all my pokes received an Iron Ball. So, I'd say they can be given any held items.
Yeah that's why I'm questioning it. The item roulette is risky, more harmful than beneficial IMO. I once got swept by a Ludicolo thanks to Lagging Tail, also once nearly lost a battle thanks to Black Sludge. Also you keep the items for the rest of the streak, and they can be really hard to get rid of in the later streaks.

Where can I post an incomplete and untested team for advice/opinions?

I have an idea for a 2v2 team build around a specific strategy but I don't actually know how effective it will be. If it gets good reviews I can then attempt to build off of it from there.

I'm really liking this team, but is there room on it for a Roserade anywhere? Would T-tar work over Hippowdon and Roserade over Forretress? Is there room for a Heatran, too?

Hippowdon
Skarmory
Milotic
Blissey
Rotom-A
Forretress

I'm really liking this team, but is there room on it for a Roserade anywhere? Would T-tar work over Hippowdon and Roserade over Forretress?

Hippowdon
Skarmory
Milotic
Blissey
Rotom-A
Forretress
Well I guess I would go for Roserade>Skarmory , cause Forretress can set up spikes and SR just like Skarmory+Rapid spin(although you miss on a phazer but I think you have Roar on hippowdon)

Ok, im using my arceus event in pokemon heart gold. I used it already once ,but idk what i got but im using the Michina arceus this time and its not letting me get the giratina. It keeps saying "This place does not seem to respond...". Idk why its not letting me get the giratina!!! All I want is the damn orb!!! lol I have just arceus in my party too and i can get dialga or palkia but not giratina... If I had the giratina though I should have a level 1 giratina in my boxes or a Griseous Orb in my bag but I dont!!! Does anyone know whats wrong with this stupid thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)