Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing movesets and roles of your pokemons would make easier to answer your question. However, resistance-wise, Salamence seems a good "filler" for your team.
Hmm ok thanks, right now I was just thinking

Lead Meta
CB Tar
MixApe
CB Scarf Rotom (The Lawnmower one) Trick/Discharge/Shadow Ball/Leaf Storm
Vaporeon Wish/Protect/Surf/Ice Beam
MixMence??

Should I keep this SRed Giratina?

Well I didnt really SR it since it was my first try-out, but here are the IV's and details:
Lv47
Pressure
In Dusk Ball, for coolness when coming out to battle.
Impish
28/31/11/6/16/18

It's not the worst, with almost flawless hp and flawless atk.
Should I keep it or try again?
Get back to me, thanks!

Should I keep this SRed Giratina?

Well I didnt really SR it since it was my first try-out, but here are the IV's and details:
Lv47
Pressure
In Dusk Ball, for coolness when coming out to battle.
Impish
28/31/11/6/16/18

It's not the worst, with almost flawless hp and flawless atk.
Should I keep it or try again?
Get back to me, thanks!
You can do better. I would reset. However, this thread will give you better feedback indefinitely (it's made for this kind of thing).

i've always wondered: if one of my pokemon is holding an exp. share and never went into battle, would that pokemon recieve the same EV's?
Excluding power items on the battling pokemon, yes.

Two short questions:

1) If by using a healing ability (Wish/Softboiled/Roost) a poke with a Focus Sash returns to 100% HP then takes a hit that would normally kill it, does the sash still activate?

2) If tiers are determined by usage, then how is it that Rotom is considered UU when it's considered (by a good deal) the best spin blocker in OU and is the second most used ghost type (in OU) behind Gengar?

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two short questions:

1) If by using a healing ability (Wish/Softboiled/Roost) a poke with a Focus Sash returns to 100% HP then takes a hit that would normally kill it, does the sash still activate?

2) If tiers are determined by usage, then how is it that Rotom is considered UU when it's considered (by a good deal) the best spin blocker in OU and is the second most used ghost type (in OU) behind Gengar?
Question 1: http://www.smogon.com/dp/items/focus_sash (please always check our descriptions before asking here); you'll find your answer there!

Question 2: You are confusing Rotom with Rotom-A. Rotom-Appliance is OU by usage whereas just plain Rotom is considered UU. You may be a bit confused because chaos hasn't added the Rotom-Appliance pages to the dex yet.

edit: PS, noticed you are new so welcome to smogon ^__^

Question 1: http://www.smogon.com/dp/items/focus_sash (please always check our descriptions before asking here); you'll find your answer there!

Question 2: You are confusing Rotom with Rotom-A. Rotom-Appliance is OU by usage whereas just plain Rotom is considered UU. You may be a bit confused because chaos hasn't added the Rotom-Appliance pages to the dex yet.

edit: PS, noticed you are new so welcome to smogon ^__^
Thanks, I didn't know there were enhanced tooltips here, so that's good to know...the normal description didn't cover that.

2: Ah, ok. Also, the distinction between Shaymin and Skymin isn't in the dex yet either.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Suppose you switch in Yanmega twice into Stealth rock, so that it has 1 HP remaining. After switching in the second time, will it activate the pinch berry if it is holding one?

Another question: How is Shaymin outclassed by Celebi in OU?

Erazor,
1) yes, if you're below 1/4 HP the berry will activate

2) that could turn into a huge argument, but the deffensive sets probably are outclassed by clelbi, while the offisive sets are better then celebi's IMO

my question, is the secret key being released right now?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Erazor,
1) yes, if you're below 1/4 HP the berry will activate

2) that could turn into a huge argument, but the deffensive sets probably are outclassed by clelbi, while the offisive sets are better then celebi's IMO

my question, is the secret key being released right now?
1.That's odd, because it didn't activate on Shoddy.

2.How are defensive sets outclassed by Celebi?

To answer your question, yes, the secret key is being given out over Wi-Fi right now.

probably a combination of recover and resistance to fighting (although dark weakness sucks). but recover is pretty badass. and does shaymin get twave? if not, that's also a big point in favor of celebi.

haunter

Banned deucer.
2.How are defensive sets outclassed by Celebi?
Ibelieve Celebi is preferred to Shaymin for the larger support learnset (recover, stealth rock, thunder wave) and maybe because the psychic type helps in countering fighters (though it adds several weaknesses too).

Ibelieve Celebi is preferred to Shaymin for the larger support learnset (recover, stealth rock, thunder wave) and maybe because the psychic type helps in countering fighters (though it adds several weaknesses too).
Funny thing is, I run a supporting Shaymin on my OU team but it used to be a Celebi. The only difference between the movesets was Celebi had Recover whereas Shaymin had Rest, and in testing, Rest proved to be more useful because of its total healing. The single bug weakness and neutrality to Pursuit also helped.

What Atk Poke'mon can be considered the best for type coverage?
I don't quite get what you mean by that.

So I just lost to a noob due to 76 critical hits... All I was doing was healing and I still lost. He had Leftovers and it wasn't a superluck Pokemon. How is that possible? (The battle lasted a total of no more than 90 turns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)