Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now toxic spikes can be rapid spinned away. But I hear people saying that poison types "absorb" them. I know their not affected by them, but do they rid the field of them?

I now toxic spikes can be rapid spinned away. But I hear people saying that poison types "absorb" them. I know their not affected by them, but do they rid the field of them?
If you switch in a non-levitating poison type while toxic spikes are up, they'll be removed from the field.

There are as many spreads as combinations of numbers that add up to 510 and can be distributed between 6 or less stats.
You should ask yourself what do you want it to do, the spread in the analysis is designed to take hits so it has most of the EVs in HP and defenses. Read the "EVs" section of the analysis for another alternative and if you don't like that one then make your own, nobody is stopping you.

i needed one for a modest nature one
Then maybe you should have specified? >_>

252 hp/56 sp.atk/200 sp.def.

from Analysis said:
For the Rest set, you'll want to focus on HP and the defenses so you can take hits better. The 100 Special Attack EVs gives 353 Special Attack, which gets the "bonus" point (96 Special Attack EVs would only give 351 Special Attack). Another option for this set is 252 HP / 56 SpA / 200 SpD with a Modest nature. This spread allows you to OHKO 252 HP / 0 Special Defense Skarmory with Lava Plume and puts the rest of the EVs to effectively take special hits.

I have heard of many different EV combinations on a bulky rest talk machamp, are there any better alternatives than the suggested 108 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe?

An exeggutor learns leaf storm at lvl 47. If I use a leaf stone on an exeggcute at lvl 48+ can I still use a heart scale to relearn leaf storm when it's an exeggutor?

where's the best place to level pokemons? from level 1 all the way to 100. I'm trying to train my newly born pokes that I've hatched and EV-trained. Excluding Exp.Share and running through E4 where's the best place? Or certain routes to use Vs.Seeker

The guide doesn't really have many options listed for a Modest HP fire venusaur

If I was running Giga Drain/HP Fire/Leech Seed/Sleep Powder on a Modest Venusaur, what EV spread should I use?

The guide doesn't really have many options listed for a Modest HP fire venusaur

If I was running Giga Drain/HP Fire/Leech Seed/Sleep Powder on a Modest Venusaur, what EV spread should I use?
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

The same EV spread as the standard set. Sludge Bomb is only listed because it's an effective STAB.

How is Clefable able to get both Magic Guard and Softboiled? Also, can Clefable pass on softboiled to cleffa's if it is male?

someone Please tell me how to use Lucario more effectively

All right people. Lucario looks like an awesome badass Pokemon to me, but whenever I use it, it dies before it does any decent damage.

I've used the SD variant and the Special variant, but the results are always the same. I usually try to make it take on something it has an advantage over such as Garchomp. (i used a Focus Sash w/Special variant Dragon Pulse), but Garchomp still easily disposed of me easily.

Extremespeed doesn't do as much damage as i'd like to and I cant dispose of Weavile either with even a Close Combat or Bullet Punch!

Can someone answer this.
Well, they usually only get deleted if it's really offensive, or if it's requested by the poster. It gets locked if it's somehow related to the thread.

So even if you break a rule, your thread will not be deleted unless you just say stupid shit, but there is a chance it could end up in trou:)

Concerning this week's smogon tour: is Arceus allowed (is it considered a legal pokemon to be simulated)? thanks!
It is banned, but only because it hasn't yet been coded properly into Shoddy.

Is it illegal to use a Shaymin obtained through hacking the event item on wifi? I was thinking of SRing but there's not much point if it's not allowed.

Extremespeed doesn't do as much damage as i'd like to and I cant dispose of Weavile either with even a Close Combat or Bullet Punch!
Close Combat 1HKOs Weavile all the time. Maybe just swap that FocusSash with a LifeOrb and just find some time to get a SD up. Extreemspeed should be able to 1HKO most frail guys with SR.

Anyway, if a double switch occurs and the faster guy switches in a trapper(Dugtio/Magnezone), would the other switch still happen? Or would you waste a turn with the "XXX is trapped" message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)