Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a question ;x

when i caught a pokemon, it has ev's?

No, it will not have EVs.

and if it has ev's how can i reset the pokemon o.o?
Certain berries can erase EVs a Pokemon has. Let me find the list of them...

Aha!

Pomeg Berry = HP
Kelpsy Berry = Attack
Qualot Berry = Defense
Hondew Berry = Special Attack
Grepa Berry = Special Defense
Tamato Berry = Speed

If one of those stats has over 100 EVs, the first berry will reduce the EVs in that stat to 100. Every one after that erases 10 EVs. If one stat has less than 10 EVs, a berry will reduce the EVs to 0.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
<3
thx for the help.

another question

i recently caught a cresselia (calm)
how can i spread the ev's on cresselia o.o?
the best spread for it plis ;x

edit: one friend told me that i have to reset cresselia beacuse it has ev's =/ is that true?

and Card of the heart told me that when i caught a pokemon it doesnt has ev's xD

No, it will not have EVs.
who is correct?

Ivs and wi-fi problem

Can anyone help me by giving me tips on how to get a pokemon with good IVs,like the ones i see people offering for trade

Can anyone also help me by teaching me how to log into your router and changing the settings?

edit: one friend told me that i have to reset cresselia beacuse it has ev's =/ is that true?

and Card of the heart told me that when i caught a pokemon it doesnt has ev's xD

who is correct?
I have no idea what your friend's talking about, wild Pokemon have no EVs. Once it's with you, it can get EVs. If you've used your Cresselia at all, then it would have EVs. If it went straight to the PC and you haven't touched it, then it's clean.

So either you've battled with Cress and gotten unwanted EVs, or your friend has no idea what he's talking about.

Can anyone help me by giving me tips on how to get a pokemon with good IVs,like the ones i see people offering for trade
I'd say to catch tons of Dittos and hope you get some with a 31 IV in something. Let's say you get a Ditto with 31 in Attack and another Ditto with 31 in Speed. Breed something (let's say Smeargle) with the 31 Attack Ditto until you get a Smeargle with the 31 in Attack. Then breed this new 31 Attack Smeargle with the 31 Speed Ditto, and you should eventually get a baby with both 31s. That's the basics. You might want to have a look at the breeding guide too.

It also involves luck, since random numbers will be involved.

If using an AR and the IV check code, then any level will be perfect.

If using an IV calculator, you need a range of stats from various levels. Of course level 100 will net you accurate results all the time, hence IV battles.
Oh! I am trying to breed a Staryu with decent IVs(now you know why I asked so many questions about breeding and IVs), but the Staryus I got don't have very good IVs. So, I SR before I get the egg and go around Solaceon Town until the egg hatches, then I send it to the Daycare again if it has the nature and ability that I want. After that, I go around Solaceon Town again until the Staryu is about level 20. Then I repeat these steps all over again if it doesn't have decent IVs.

Is there an easier step to check a Pokemon's IVs after it hatched? If I use Rare Candy, and the Pokemon has good IVs, then the Rare Candies would be wasted, wouldn't they(as I just want to use them to check my Pokemon's IVs)? By the way, I SR before I get the egg, therefore the IVs will change everytime I get it.

Outside of checking the Characteristic, there is no way to tell IV's without an AR. And if you don't save after using the Rare Candies, then you don't lose them. If you're using good Ditto's then you should be able to get good IV'd Staryus easily.

Oh! I am trying to breed a Staryu with decent IVs(now you know why I asked so many questions about breeding and IVs), but the Staryus I got don't have very good IVs. So, I SR before I get the egg and go around Solaceon Town until the egg hatches, then I send it to the Daycare again if it has the nature and ability that I want. After that, I go around Solaceon Town again until the Staryu is about level 20. Then I repeat these steps all over again if it doesn't have decent IVs.

Is there an easier step to check a Pokemon's IVs after it hatched? If I use Rare Candy, and the Pokemon has good IVs, then the Rare Candies would be wasted, wouldn't they(as I just want to use them to check my Pokemon's IVs)? By the way, I SR before I get the egg, therefore the IVs will change everytime I get it.
You can give the pokemon a exp.share and make fight some wild pokemon and see the levels it gains.
Use metalkid's calculator to input all the levels it gains to get better results. The pokemon will have some EVs after that but they can be cleaned with berries.
http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/IV.aspx
Read the breeding guide for further questions, sometimes it is better if you don't have good parents to begin with to mass hatch and check all the promising ones.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20655

You don't have to save after you use your candies, just reset. I prefer IV battles because I'm much to lazy to collect candies. Just get a friend to battle you, and just write down all the stats of each poke, then plug it into a calculator.

Is this breaking the sleep clause:

I was battling someone they Spored my Blissey I switched too Skarm and they spored it too. Yes my Blissey has natural cure but my oponent doesn't know that, so is this breaking the sleep clause?

Is this breaking the sleep clause:

I was battling someone they Spored my Blissey I switched too Skarm and they spored it too. Yes my Blissey has natural cure but my oponent doesn't know that, so is this breaking the sleep clause?
It doesn't break the clause, if I'm not mistaken you can know if the opponent has a statused pokemon because the pokeball turns read and starts boucing.
So if all your pokeballs are shown normal then he can know that the Blissey is no longer asleep.

Outside of checking the Characteristic, there is no way to tell IV's without an AR. And if you don't save after using the Rare Candies, then you don't lose them. If you're using good Ditto's then you should be able to get good IV'd Staryus easily.
You can give the pokemon a exp.share and make fight some wild pokemon and see the levels it gains.
Use metalkid's calculator to input all the levels it gains to get better results. The pokemon will have some EVs after that but they can be cleaned with berries.
http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/IV.aspx
Read the breeding guide for further questions, sometimes it is better if you don't have good parents to begin with to mass hatch and check all the promising ones.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20655
You don't have to save after you use your candies, just reset. I prefer IV battles because I'm much to lazy to collect candies. Just get a friend to battle you, and just write down all the stats of each poke, then plug it into a calculator.
Wow! Thanks a lot! Those are really good tips! Why didn't I think of that?

The reason why I said the rare candies would be wasted is because I save my game before I get the egg, so the IVs of the Pokemon will change when I SR the game. If I use rare candies on my Pokemon and decided to keep it, then I have to save the game or the IVs of the Pokemon will change, thus wasting the candies. If I save before I use the Rare Candies, then the IVs of the Pokemon are set, then my PC box will be filled with a certain Pokemon, if I keep getting Pokemon that don't have decent IVs.

oh ok lol will it learn it if it is a hack that knows both? btw would that child be legal in competitive play?
no,the baby will not be legal.

now for my question,in serebii it says that cherim's ability raises both it's and it's team mate attack and sp.att,but in smogon's strategy dex it says that it raises att and sp.defence,so ummm...who's right and who's wrong?

no,the baby will not be legal.

now for my question,in serebii it says that cherim's ability raises both it's and it's team mate attack and sp.att,but in smogon's strategy dex it says that it raises att and sp.defence,so ummm...who's right and who's wrong?
According to the Pokedex book by Prima Games that I got, Cherrim's ability, Flower Gift "increases your and your allies's Attack and Special Defense by 1.5 when it's Sunny".

dont trust serebii....

is there any other way i could find out my friend code? my ds LCD screen has a crack and blocks the last digits to be seen (i could only see 4) friend code from being seen. any bright ideas on how could i find it out? i dont have another ds. i will be going to a party in 2 weeks and hopefully there is a ds there. just arrived home so i now have wifi.

dont trust serebii....

is there any other way i could find out my friend code? my ds LCD screen has a crack and blocks the last digits to be seen (i could only see 4) friend code from being seen. any bright ideas on how could i find it out? i dont have another ds. i will be going to a party in 2 weeks and hopefully there is a ds there. just arrived home so i now have wifi.
Do something (battle or trade) with a friend LOCALLY. Afterwards, it should ask both of you if you want to register each other in your Pal Pads. Do that, then look in your friend's Pal Pad for your code.

Or get a new DS. My first DS has a similar problem to yours, except on a MUCH larger scale. All it's good for now is being a fancy GBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)