Art Needed - Pokemon Art Gallery Facade for CAP

Hello, artists.

As part of the CAP Website, we will have a gallery of all past art submissions that did not win, in an effort to honor the hard work these guys have done. As such, I now require a picture of the facade of an art gallery. It will be used as a sort of portal or splash page into the Gallery section of the site. The sort of picture I want:

or even something like

You have artistic license to basically do what you want. Your submission, though, can opt to use Pokemon-esque designs, themes, and patterns. For reference, the winning art for the CAPs can be located here. Dimensions: don't really matter, but don't make it too small. A maximum would probably be about 600 by 800. A good size is about the same size as the first picture in this thread.

The only requirement is that it looks nice. Thanks, artists, and good luck!

Here's what I came up with. I'll change things upon request... I don't really like how it looks on the gallery past the pillars, so suggestions are gratefully accepted...

There's not really a hard deadline, maybe around two to three weeks at the max. I'll also use this post to note that I really like the perspective, mood, and general feel of the first example picture I gave!

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Darkie just say you want one similar to the first. ;o

I might come up with a design soon, considering how bad I am with landmarks.

There's not really a hard deadline, maybe around two to three weeks at the max. I'll also use this post to note that I really like the perspective, mood, and general feel of the first example picture I gave!
I'm going to take that as conform my idea to match that perspective. OK then... I'll work on it when I have the time... If I don't get to it though, I'd love to see people take my idea of using sudowoodo statues, that was probably my favorite part of the design I have going.

Lmao i saw this site so i tried it out on paint (since i don't know how to draw on Photoshop :( ) and it turned out horrible o_O (and childish)

I'm not sure if i should put it up or try and make another...

Looks absolutely incredible Pirika.

My only problem is that Arghonaut looks extremely odd, though I understand it would be difficult to model. I don't really like it that much honestly. Kitsunoh's mask is a bit weird to me to, but I don't know why it looks weird to me.

That looks great. If possible though, I think you should make the perspective lower (ie, so you're looking up at it). It's a simple way to make things look bigger and more important (and thus cooler).

WOW Pirika! That thing blew mine out of the water. I definitely can't compete with that, good job! :D I have one request though; could you make the sky a little brighter? It looks so dark and gloomy...

Awesome Pirika! Although, it would also look good if you added some more colours into it. Maybe like colour the road or the walls? You could also colour the building more like marble instead of just plain grey.

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
Awesome Pirika! Although, it would also look good if you added some more colours into it. Maybe like colour the road or the walls? You could also colour the building more like marble instead of just plain grey.
Maybe some grass and trees could add more colours. I'll do it later.
I can try other angles for the camera too.

Thanks for the comments =)

The colors on that is slightly bland, but the modelling is suberb. Good work. I'd like to see you keep working on it! :heart:

Very cool, Pirika.

I agree with Lord Jesseus' comment about having a more dynamic upshot as well as making the colors more stunning in general.

If it isn't too much trouble, perhaps you could try adding more stairs as well? My first impression was that this was a grand, magnificent building with it's high Grecian pillars and monumental stone slabs. But when I looked at the stairs and imagined myself climbing them, I realized I'd almost have to stoop to enter the place.

I don't mean to nitpick, but I think you have something really great here and with a few embellishments, could really prove to be something submitters to the CAP project would be proud to have their works displayed in.

Pirika

is an Artist Alumnus
Thanks for the comments from everyone. I'm working in the model trying to make it better.

=)

I really like the design but perhaps given the statues a bronze color instead of concrete will make the drawing look less pale

I think Argho looks amazing. Like, perfect in fact. Agreeing that the colors could be fixed, but otherwise great work.

Pirika

is an Artist Alumnus
Hi, I'll post more images tomorrow changing the colours, some textures and with some changes in the model. I didn't have much time to use Blender last week so I couldn't make many changes in the image.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)