art for smogon

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I'm working on the generation index pages (www.smogon.com/dp/, www.smogon.com/rs/, etc) and I need a cool picture to go with either. For D/P, I'd like to use Doug's Garchomp

But I don't know about the rest. If all else fails, I guess I can use some aragornbird's Pokemon*, but I'd like to give more people a chance of getting the artist badge.

* ab, you know I love your Pokemon :)

I'd second the Garchomp mention. Most threatening Pokemon in DP and a nice work of art.

For RS, I'd suggest Tyranitar or Salamence, but I can't find a good picture of either outside of the stickies. Of course, I just glanced over the most recent threads and didn't do an in-detail look.

I know I rarely post and am not well known but, the idea of having the pesudo legends as the "mascot" for each of their respective versions sounds good.

I think Doug's Garchomp rocks; I agree that it'd look awesome on the page.

I'd also love to help out-- but really only if necessary... I don't want to steal anyone's thunder.

I don't suppose other parts of the site (articles, maybe?) would be in need of artwork?

I only bring this up because the last time art was requested for smogon's website, I felt that there was an abundance of quality work submitted; I could see smogon's artists taking on the task at hand with steam to spare.

I'd love to take on one of the projects. I agree, that garchomp kicks ass. :) He did a great job with it.

Do you know which other pokemon you might want? Perhaps a metagross?

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm honored that you would like to use my pic on the site. Thank you for the compliments.

Don't use legends or starters to represent the generations. That's been done all over the place. Since this is a competitive pokemon site, I think you should pick one standout OU competitive pokemon from each generation and ask artists to submit pics.

I think Garchomp easily qualifies as the signature competitive pokemon for the DP generation (and I'm obviously partial to my drawing). I think Tyranitar is a nice choice for RSE, although a combo of BlissSkarm could be argued as well. I did not play competitively for GSC or RBY, but I bet there is an interesting discussion from some of the "old timers" on which pokemon should be the "signature competitive pokemon" from those generations. I've heard Snorlax was even beastlier in the early days.....

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Seconding the notion for Salamence or T-Tar representing the ADV era.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
if we use doug's idea i think it should be:

rby - tauros or eggy
gsc - snorlax
rs - tyranitar or swampert

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RBY - snorlax, dragonite
GSC - tyranitar, forretress
RSE - salamence, metagross

any similar pokemon so long as they fit the competitive mode.

Why not use the four Pokemon on the Smogon coat of arms on the top left corner? Swapping Lucario for DJD's Garchomp, that is.

That makes sense. Tauros, Skarmory, Salamence and Garchomp. They reflect each generation well, and they go with the coat of arms consistently.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
supersimon - Did you really need to drop a full 4 megabyte sketch into a post? Either compress that thing or make it a link.

EDIT - Thanks. Much better on the connection-challenged....

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I'm much less interested in ideas for Pokemon than I am in actual pictures of Pokemon people have drawn...

im in the process of coloring Gardevoir atm, if you want to use it.

im also going to draw some other more OU pokemon.

i also have Milotic done but not colored.

You only want already completed work? O.o

Give me a pokemon to work on and I'll give you something within a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)