Apprentice Program - Round Twenty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to marrilpet

Shoddy Battle nick: zukirin
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2:20 pm-4:40 pm EST
Experience level*: I am pretty good at prediction and knowledge of different pokemon, but seriously have problems with team building.
A little about myself: I was in the last round of Apprentice, but I only managed to contact my tutor once and only for less than 30 mins so I hope to change that and try to gain more knowledge.

Assigned to Mysterious Stallion

Shoddy Battle nick: Pagz
Time zone: GMT(+11)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): weekdays (GMT-6): 6am-2pm, (GMT+11): 7pm-2am. weekends: pretty much any time.
Experience level*:
Been competitively battling for quite awhile now, however I think I still have quite a way to go!
A little about myself: I've been playing pokemon since it first came out with my crazy little red version, however I haven't really played competitively until D/P, I believe the biggest area I need help in is team building and synergy between pokemon.

Assigned to Great Sage

(It's about time that I caught one of these...)

Shoddy nicks: CardsOfTheHeart, COTH - test

Time zone: U.S. Central (Springfield, MO isn't a hotbed for gaming, that's for sure. ><)

Regular Online Hours (EST):
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 4-11 PM
Wednesday, Sunday: 2-11 PM
Friday, Saturday: 2 PM-3 AM

Experience: play Shoddy off and on since I registered; moderate success

A little about myself:
I have played Pokemon since Yellow, but only started competitively about the time I registered. I don't battle that often (college takes up a LOT of free time), thus the little advanced skill I have is rusty, at best.

I'm more interested in the analytical side of Pokemon, to be honest, but I'd like to be able to use that knowledge to help me battle effectively.

My biggest problem lies in team building. I have a pretty good idea of what my team needs to be successful, but I can never put together a team that does everything I want it to do. A little help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Assigned to Judgement

Shoddy Battle nick: Lil-P0is0niT3, Lil-P
Time zone: Pacific (GMT -8:00)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5:45 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
Experience level*: Very Experienced in past gens, and able to build teams etc from my last round of the Apprentice Program, however I'm still not comfertable with "Poke A counters Poke B" etc.
A little about myself: I like to think and play outside of the typical Bog standard movesets/metagames. I have had experience with the high-level gameplay in past smogon tours.
Would like to request Jabba since we go way back.

Assigned to Venom

Shoddy Battle nick: super019
Time zone: Pacific // GMT -8
Regular Online Hours (pacific time): 4:30PM - 9:00 PM
Experience level: I am pretty good, about average. I struggle with team building and prediction. I need help also in making good strategies and things like that.

A little about myself: I like playing basketball, I don’t have a bad temper and I can be a pretty cool person. I started playing pokemon in gamefaqs and have gotten a bit better but not good enough,

I would like some one that is especially good at what I need help because I have a lot of problems with that and sometimes I just lose because I make dumb moves.

Assigned to PR3DAT

Shoddy Battle nick: Addictedgamer
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays- 8:00-9:30 Weekends-Depends on what I need to do.
Experience level: I have a little more experience now, but I now have trouble deciding on which pokemon to put on a team. Prediction isn't as bad, but still have some trouble on deciding which move to use.

Assigned to StrangerDanger

Shoddy Battle Nick: Habanero Pepper
Time Zone:EST
Regular online hours: 2:00 pm-11:00pm (SSBB may tighten this a bit)
Experience: I'm fluent in movesets and EV spreads that are standards but just can't seem to get a flowing team that I like or works well beyond the first few kids on Shoddy before somebody who knows what they're doing thrashes an obvious hole in my team.

Prediction=Aweful!!!

Shoddy Battle nick: AgguroV
Time zone:
(GMT-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
3:00 - 9:00 weekdays, and random times on weekends (but pretty much completely open)
Experience level*:
A little about myself: Well, I've followed the Pokemon games since red/blue getting at least one game from each generation. I know pretty much all the basics to Pokemon but that's about it. I don't really have any competitive experience but I have read about the advanced things (mainly IVs and EVs and I looked at the tier lists). Hmmm, I guess that's about it.

Shoddy Battle nick: Shadow777
Time zone:Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-11 p.m.
Experience level*:A little about myself: I would say fairly expierienced but on a different forum. Always willing to learn though.

Shoddy Battle nick: Taunt
Time zone:
EST (Canada)
4:30-9:00 weekdays, 12:00-12:00 weekends (not all day of course, heh)
Experience level:
Playing ingame since G/S/C, just started battling competitively a few weeks ago. I have all the basics covered but I can't build a team with a centralized strategy too well. I want to get better at prediction, too.
A little about myself: What can I say... I'm in the lowest demographics here on Smogon (minimum 'legal' age and female), but I'm serious about battling competitively and I really want to get better. I've been self-teaching by watching Youtube and Shoddy matches, but I'm still not confident enough to fight anyone with more experience.

Shoddy nicks: Bizvice

Regular Online Hours (EST):
Saturday: 11 PM-3 AM

Experience: None

A little about myself:
I've started playing pokemon since the RBY days but wasn't really interested in it until D/P. I would like to learn how to assemble a well-balanced team and improve on my prediction skills. Although I do not know much about pokemon, I am willing to learn.

Shoddy Battle nick: nitnit or Indestructible V
Time zone: eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-10 weekdays, typically all day weekends
Experience level*:A little about myself: I have a decent amount of battling experience - being considered one of the best players on marriland (lol, ok I guess that isn't that great in relation) but I do know a good deal. I would just like to try to get from above average to great.

Shoddy Battle nick: Star Dust
Time zone: GMT + 8
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9 - 12 Weekdays, Nearly all day on weekends.
Experience level*:A little about myself: Not very experienced, kind of new to the whole battling scheme, high school student. Only figured out how to battle late last year.

Nick: N/A I don't know how to get one
Strengths/Weaknesses: I'm good at power leveling, I suck at the EV's, IV's, Movesets, etc. etc.
I have no preferences as to who I get as a tutor

*hopes its not too late*

Shoddy Battle nick: Lipucd10
Time zone: Central Standard Time ( GMT -6:00 )
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): lets say from 2-5pm.
Experience level: Been playing since B/R so I know about type trumping, EV training and the like...I am just not good at building a team as all I get is "Just sweepers"...Oh ya I stink at predicting >_>;
A little about myself: Im just a guy trying to get into competitive play for just about any game I think I could do at least OK in.

Shoddy Battle nick: Articanus
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 11:00 pm and later on weekends, and on weekdays 7-10 pm
Experience level*: Medium-high, a little above average.
A little about myself: I'm really intrested in anyone wanting to teach DP ubers, as that's my favorite metagame to play in. My biggest flaw is that I have trouble picking out specific threats that could potentially wreck my team.

Shoddy Battle nick: Kettleballer
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 4-7 P.M.; Weekends 2-5 P.M.
Experience level*: I have a good amount of experience on shoddy battle, but I feel like my team building skills could be improved immensely
A little about myself: I'm getting more and more into D/P after having left the scene for a little while after playing a whole bunch of R/S/E, and I want to get a better idea of how to counter the current metagame within team design especially.

Also, I would like to request StrangerDanger as a tutor if that's possible. I've played against him before and seen what he can do, and it would be great if I could learn from him more in depth instead of only via getting my butt kicked.

Shoddy Battle nick: Shiven
Time zone: GMT -9
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Anywhere from 1300-300
Experience level: Decent enough to be .500, but not by much.
A little about myself: Early grad, college student wanting to get back into competitive battling.

Shoddy Battle nick: InfamousB4L
Time zone: Pacific // GMT -8
Regular Online Hours (pacific time): 5 PM - 11 PM ( on a lot on weekends)
Experience level: I am pretty good, about average,when more that i lose but lose to the better opponents i face.I struggle with team building and prediction
A little about myself: 16 y/o sophmore play varsity basketball have been playing Pokémon competitively since the game came out.

signing up again as my last tutor stopped playing the game half way through tutoring me =/

Shoddy Battle nick: gaudetjaja
Age: Age is a temporary thing that will fade away over time, so I will now state that I'm from 1992, and this will stay that way, Deo volente, eternally.
Time zone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): On week days I'm on from 10:00 AM to like 12:00 AM, and I can also be on from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. On weekends I can also be on from 3:00 AM to 6:00 AM. Time, however, is an arbitrary and dynamic thing, which means, concretely put, that I can be on at any time that you wish me to be on, except maybe in the deep, dark shadows of the night. After all, we must realize that playing on a 'pokemon battle simulator' (that actually simulates a simulating game) in the middle of the night is the sheer epitome of preposterousness.
Experience level*: I've played pokemon on battle simulators since the end of 2005. I was never really good at advance OU, though. I'm just mediocre. With D/P, the same threatens to be happening, although the fact that there are so much more options in team building does help me. I allways appreciated the lower tiers of the 'metagame', but being good at that is not what this tutor institution is all about. I'd like us to focus on team building and prediction, obviously of DP OU.

I'd like [kd8]otome as my tutor, as I see that he hasn't been assigned yet. But if that is not possible, it doesn't really matter.
A little about myself: a/s/l: variable/transsexual/amsterdam red light district
Anything else that is relevant is stated above.

Shoddy Battle nick: L05t_caws_15 or Hayate
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 7-9:30 weekends anytime I'm on aim.
Experience level*:A little about myself: Well I've been in this tutoring program before but i still need helps on battling strategies and also team building. I have the basic idea of supporting other pokemon but I just don't know which pokemon to choose.

Shoddy Battle nick: Xenon
Time zone: IST (GMT+05:30 and EST+10:30)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8 PM - 10:30 PM EST
Experience level*: Moderate (I have knowledge about all Pokemons and can Predict Decently, problem completely lies in Team Building).
A little about myself: I've played all the Pokemon GBA and DS games and also played Netbattle for an Year or so. My problem entirely lies in Team Building :(

Shoddy Battle nick: AzNGooK
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6 PM - 9 PM EST on weekdays. Flexible on weekends.
Experience level*: I'd consider myself a rookie. I know how to train and everything but predicting and team building has got me stumped.
A little about myself: I like to have fun, that's why I like to play Pokemon :D and at times, I can be really busy.

Shoddy Battle nick: Aura_Lucario
Time zone:
Eastern
9 PM-11 PM EST on the weekdays. I can go upto 12 PM EST sometimes.
I can play basically whenever on the weekend usually.
Experience level:
I think I am pretty good, but once I begin getting higher up in the shoddy ladder I begin to lose. I would like to learn the metagame more in depth since I've only been playing competitively since D/P. I'm okay at prediction, but I am not amzing at building teams. It seems like I ofter stay within the confines of a select 20 pokemon and I would really like to know more in order to win! I'm also really quick to make large changes on my team in order to fit something and I don't think that that is always best.
A little about myself: I would really like to get involved in the smogon community more and I think this would be an excellent way to do so!

*If I am unable to get a tutor could you please delete this post? Thank you!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)