Apprentice Program - Round Twenty Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also BK, I'll contact you on shoddy sometime or MSN regarding my match with Frosty.

Also why does everyone think I'm a good player lol? I'm clearly an average player.

My opponent and I are having trouble getting the match done due to HUGE difference in time zone. >.>

EDIT: I messaged him, then he replied, I replied back, then he replied back, and I replied back, and his last message came on the 21st. It's been 3 days since his reply.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You have 24 hours remaining as of this post to get your matches done.

I have no intention of holding this up any longer. If need be, I'll make calls based on activity and coin flips where applicable.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Gotta love timezone issues.

Anyway, I don't think I will be able to face puggy. The times for me to face him are around 4:00 AM (I tried it once with no success <_<) and tommorow morning (which is after the deadline and I will be away doing a test), so, uh, that will be quite interesting.

Maybe we will figure something out. Maybe <_<;. Either way, just a heads up.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Won and PM'd the log. Sorry if the font tags are on it. Not sure how to copy -> paste with it straightforward other than Microsoft Word (Notepad bundles it all together in about three lines).

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Round 1 has now ended.

Unfinished battles will be decided based on activity and where necessary, coin flips.

Stay tuned for Round 2!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
Official Battling 101 Tournament 1 - Round 2

We now move into Round 2 of the Official Battling 101 Tournament. I made some calls based on activity (and a coin flip in one case) that decided who would advance out of those who did not complete their battles. Good luck to all remaining contestants!

Pairings done with Mekkah's Bracketmaker.

Gandalf the blue vs Da Letter El
Puggy vs Ike and Tina
Colonel M vs Sikh Assassin
Zakkusu vs Rhykune

Rules:
~ Evasion Clause enabled
~ Freeze Clause enabled
~ OHKO Clause enabled
~ Sleep Clause enabled
~ Species Clause enabled
~ Timed Battle enabled
~ Avoid scouting (scouting on purpose will result in a disqualification from the tournament)
~ No illegal movesets (such as Pursuit & Selfdestruct Snorlax)
~ Any Pokemon defined as "Uber" or "Limbo" by Smogon is banned from the tournament
~ Please PM logs to me after completing your battles to clear up any conflicts should they arise.

The deadline for this round is June 14, 7:00PM (GMT +8).

Gandalf the blue vs Da Letter El - Crowd favorite
Colonel M vs Sikh Assassin - Haven't battled Colonel M before but I know Sikh has developed some skills.
Zakkusu vs Rhykune - I've seen Rhykune's name mentioned a couple times. Stupid reason to predict but oh well.

I'd be stupid if I didn't think I could win against puggy.

Gandalf the blue vs Da Letter El - I've heard he's really good and solid, so he'll probably win.
Puggy vs Ike and Tina - I've battled Ike and Tina and he seems good.
Zakkusu vs Rhykune - I was partners with him in the UU Alliance tournament plus he's a solid player

Gandalf the blue vs Da Letter El - I've played him, he's pretty skilled.
Puggy vs Ike and Tina - Same as above.
Colonel M vs Sikh Assassin - He's doing great lately.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Puggy vs Ike and Tina: I've beaten Ike before and hear Puggy's ok, so Puggy it is.
Colonel M vs Sikh Assassin: Same as above
Zakkusu vs Rhykune: faced once with an alt, and he was a good opponent, I don't remember who won. No clue who the other guy is, either.

Zomg, someone picked me? :). Well, can't dissapoint my fans.

Gandalf the blue vs Da Letter El - Dunno
Puggy vs Ike and Tina - You have to win something sometime or later.
Colonel M vs Sikh Assassin - I've personally helped Colonel M in the past.
Zakkusu vs Rhykune - Still say he is gonna win it all.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ganalf the blue vs Da Letter El
Puggy vs Ike and Tina
Zakkusu vs Rhykune

Well...me and Jabba would like our former apprentice to win it all, so we'll be cheering him on regardless of who he plays.

I just found it funny that the first 4 prediction posts was a battler from each of the pairing.

I guess I'll predict the whole right side to win.

Gandalf the blue vs Da Letter El
Puggy vs Ike and Tina - I think this will be a good match.
Zakkusu vs Rhykune - JAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm allowed to do this, right?

Gandalf the Blue vs Da Letter El
Puggy vs Ike and Tina
Zakkusu vs Rhykune

Da Letter El: Faced him before and was a pretty good opponent.
Puggy: Heard a lot about him. Did face Ike and Tina before however, but not Puggy. Although I guess this isn't much of a "upset", is it?
Rhykune: Also faced him before and always made some solid teams.

Gandalf the blue vs Da Letter El- he's pretty good
Puggy vs Ike and Tina- I've only faced Ike and Tina once but he seemed alright

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Ugh, missed gandalf. And I could have faced him, too, if I had checked smogon earlier, but he couldn't face me the time we planned for, which makes me go grrrrrrr. I hope he gets my pm, because his time zone sucks (or does mine suck? hmmmm). Damn my urge to do homework before checking smogon today. Change of plans= :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)