Apprentice Program: Round Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Six of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ( 07/02-07/23 )! I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Six Tutor/Apprentice Matches:

1. Council / MeeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon
2. Aeolus / Tkwiget
3. Bugsy23 / Crab Nebula
4. Jackal / freaktron
5. cholena / Chaizen
6. Warthog / Tipperton
7. Roy / dante20010
8. Mekkah / Darth Wedel
9. husk1442 / m0nkfish & ProffessorMM
10. Pokemon Professor / wiccanmaid
11. Veteran in Love / Brood_Star
12. Yosuke / Whoosh-Master
13. Giga Punch / Undertaker
14. Cerberus / Emilio
15. Kongler / TheMusicMan
16. Justin8649 / Mammoth
17. RicepigeonKKM / T-Money
18. Black Leather Jacket / Buttered Toast
19. Acura / haha
20. pokemaniac15 / Pocket
21. skarm / TheTwistedParadox
22. latinoheat / Jacket Man!
23. Obi2Kenobi / TeH Knift
24. Aeroblacktyl / SpaceFlare
25. Nate / altanonymous

Available Tutors: Cloggerdude ; Anomalous ; Steelicks

Apprentices in need of a tutor: jesmart ; Legnd Slayer ; Garbageman ; moomoonerd

Matched Apprentices: MeeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon ; Tkwiget ; chaizen ; Crab Nebula ; Brood_Star ; Whoosh-Master ; Undertaker ; Emilio ; wiccanmaid ; dante20010 ; Darth Wedel ; Tipperton ; freaktron ; TheMusicMan ; Mammoth ; m0nkfish ; T-Money ; Buttered Toast ; Pocket ; haha ; TheTwistedParadox ; Jacket Man! ; TeH Knift ; SpaceFlare ; altanonymous ; ProffessorMM

Assigned to Council

Netbattle nick: MeleeBoi
Time zone: EST (GMT -5 I think)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I don't know what that is. In EST, 9:30 AM-11PM, sometimes I stay on later.
Experience level*: I am not a n00b, but I am not an expert. I guess you can say I am mediocre. I know somethings, but I think I have a lot to learn.
A little about myself: I like getting shiny pokemon. And, I am really tall, I luv playing basketball, football, and soccer. I think I am a fast learner. Oh, and I luv Smash Bros.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv. OU, UU, Uber, and GSC if I their is enough time.

Taken by Aeolus

Netbattle nick:
Tkwiget
Time zone: -6 (Central Time Zone in the USA)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5-10 pm (I have contact information for the person training me.)
Experience level*: An old vet from the GSC days on NetBattle.
A little about myself: I want to get back into the competitive metagame on NetBattle with the new installment of the pokemon games.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced Competitive Battling and Team Building of both OU and UU of 1v1 and 2v2. (Which ever is most available is fine with me.)

Assigned to Bugsy23

Netbattle nick:
Crab Nebula
Time zone:+5.30 GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):6.00 to 9.00 EDT
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced Generation

Assigned to Jackal

Netbattle Nick: freaktron, I HAVE FURY
Time zone: EST/EDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT): Uh, I hope I did my math right here: During this round, i'll have summer school on Monday-Friday between 9 AM and 2 PM. Weekends and Fridays depend. It'd probably be best to look for me between 7 PM and 11 PM EDT.
A little about myself: Eh...not much you need to know about me.
Generations I want to learn: Wouldn't hurt to learn some RS OU this time around. I don't know anything about RBY UU or GSC UU, so I could try to get some skill with that as well.

Assigned to cholena

Netbattle nick: Chaizen
Time zone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 2 PM - 4 PM (if EDT is GMT-4)
Experience level*: I'm not a newby.
A little about myself: Uh dunno.
Generation(s) I want to learn: I would like to learn more about 200 and a some 386.

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick: Tipperton

Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Between 10 AM and 3 PM.
Experience level: Some experience, but not much.
A little about myself: I enjoy swimming(competitively). I work as a lifeguard. I've been playing Pokémon since RBY came out, but not on Netbattle until recently.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV UU and Uber

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick:
Netbattle is down for good I think, so none. If it comes back up, it'll be dante2006
Time zone:No clue:PI live in Manitoba if that helps though.
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Unknown, but I'm on almost all the time during summer break
Experience level*:I know the basics, almost completely memorized the elemental table, I've beaten almost all the games (at least one from each series) and I know some basic strategy.
A little about myself:I haven't been playing Pokemon games for very long(5 years), but I've been gaming all my life.
Generation(s) I want to learn:All, but priority on FR/LG, secondary on R/S/E, third on G/S/C, and fourth on R/B/Y
Also, if you have AIM, MSN, or Yahoo, please tell me so we can talk through that.

Assigned to Giga Punch

Netbattle nick: Undertaker
Time zone: GMT+8
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Fridays anywhere from 5am - 12 noon EDT, and later from 6pm - 8pm, Saturdays 8am - 12 noon and later from 6pm - 9pm, Sundays 7am - 9am. Also any time during Sunday 12am - maybe 4 or 5 am
Experience level*: I started back in '04, but then I had a one and a half year hiatus. Back then Celebi and Jirachi were still banned, so I 'm waay behind. I can predict, but that was then.
A little about myself: Missed Pokemon due to school dammit
Generation(s) I want to learn: Team Building/Prediction in ADV OU. I had team building issues back then when I would just put cune/spiker/dusclops together in a team, and now there is Celebi and Jirachi to worry about. So yeah that, and update on the current metagame. That is all.

Assigned to Mekkah

Netbattle nick: Darth Wedel
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Um... most days for the rest of the summer, not so much Sundays, Generally between 11am and 7pm or so. Changes.
Experience level*: None, really. I've played most of the handheld versions, but have never been in a tourney, etc. I just want to concentrate on Netbattle. I understand the basics, of course! ^^
A little about myself: ...
Generation(s) I want to learn: Pretty much everything I'll need to know for Netbattle... Maybe I could concentrate on non-uber strats, but really, I need to learn a lot...

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to husk1442

Netbattle nick: m0nkfish
Time zone: BST (GMT+1)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Lawd.. anywhere from 1pm to 1am really!
Experience level*: Experienced in RS UU but useless at everything else
A little about myself: Usually on #smogon. Quite amiable, I hope :D Oh and please don't assign me to BLJ.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU - Prediction and team-building, I want to try to introduce some UU pokes into making it bigtime and to do that I need to know how to play OU :D

Assigned to Pokemon Professor

Netbattle nick:Jenn
Time zone:Eastren standard (east coast usa)
Regular online hours: 3:30pm-6:30pm most of the time
Experience level*: I have been around since R/B/Y days And know basic game mecanics. have beaten most games at least once.
A little about myself: I have tons of experience as an in game player and I want to learn more so I can keep up with others of my generation.
Generation(s) I want to learn: R/S/E all styles of team building And battle tatics. In both 1v1 and 2v2.

Assigned to Veteran in Love

Netbattle nick: Anix yo
Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Assuming EDT = EST... 3PM-9PM on Weekdays, and almost always free on Weekends
Experience level*: None, willing to learn
A little about myself: I suck. New at this, played the games. Usually playing other games IE War3, CSS, SC, GW, whatever else is on my shelf. Admin a couple leagues for War3... pretty known in that scene (Nick: Brood_Star)
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV, ADV UU. Maybe Ubers/2v2/RBY. NU/GSC/UU for other gens are last priority

I have problems with Prediction and Team Building I think. Originality is a bit of a problem. ^_^

Assigned to Yosuke

Netbattle nick:Marth The Whoosh
Time zone: I'm pretty sure it's EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I don't know how to calculate the times from different time zones,but in EST, 11:00 AM-5:00 PM (it could differ though.)
Experience level*: Well, I'm not a noob, and I'm not an expert.
A little about myself: I'm a really commited pokemon player, I learn fast, and I'm willing to try anything. I have big trouble beating Snorlax though.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Well, honestly I'd like to start from square one...but I don't want to waste anyone's time so I guess I'd like to learn ADV, but I think my real problem is constructing a team that works well with one another.

Assigned to Cerberus

Netbattle nick: Emilio/Emilio_
Time zone: GTM+2
Regular Online Hours: I don't know how to calculate the times from different time zones,but in GTM+2, 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
Experience level*: Not so good
A little about myself: Played 5 months then took a 2 month breake.
Generation I want to learn: Adv

Assigned to latinoheat

Netbattle nick: Jacket Man

Time zone: EST I think...

Regular Online Hours (I can't do time zones, but I'm on, 9am-1pm, and after.)

Experience level*: I'm okay...I learned though a online guide and toutorial

A little about myself: Just joined today.But I've been playing since original Red and Blue. My favorites are Shuckle and Delibird, shuckle being the only one I use.

Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV. How to be a better toxi staller.
I have problems with steel types and snorlax.

Assigned to Kongler

Netbattle Nick: Some variation of TheMusicMan (meaning stuff like TheMetroMan is me)
Regular online hours: I'm in EDT, so yeah... I am pretty much only online from about 10:00 PM to about 1 or 1:30 AM EDT on any given night. Also I can be on from 8:00-10:00 AM if absolutely necessary.
Experience level: I play GSC mostly, so I know what im doing somewhat there... I've been playing ADV more lately, and have gotten better, but I still need major help.
A little about myself: I'm a music major and the whitest white boy you'll ever meet... nuff said.
Generations I want to learn: GSC UU mostly, with OU ability as an extreme plus. I have never played GSC UU before... I am fairly decent at the battling aspect of OU but I royally blow at team building, and I tend to overpredict sometimes.

Assigned to Justin8649

Netbattle nick: Tazzler or any variation of Tazzler(version)
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3PM-10 PM on weekdays, 11AM-9PM most of the time on weekends
Experience level*: Okay at UU, not the best, but not the worst, would like some more skills though. Better at rby and ubers and 2vs2 thanks to previous tutors. This will probably be my last tutor round.
A little about myself: Fav sport is soccer and food is ice cream. I like jynx. I am an okay predicter and battler in general.
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC (OU) (the last thing I want to learn)/RS Team Building and Prediction. GSC goes before.

Assigned to RicepigeonKKM

Netbattle Nick: TM32188
Time Zone: New York?
Regular Online hours: somewhere from 9pm to 11pm
expierence level: I know some
a little about myself: i want to learn how to create a good 2v2 team(which includes mewtwo) and predict my oppents moves.
Generations: ADV 2v2

Assigned to Black Leather Jacket

Netbattle nick:ButteredToast
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): In EST Weekdays-5p.m-10 p.m Weekends-12 p.m-11 p.m
Experience level*:I just started on Netbattle.
A little about myself:I have played all of the Pokemon games since RBY.Very willing to learn
Generation(s) I want to learn:Competitive Battling, and team building.Wuld like to start from page 1 ,if possible

Assigned to Acura

Netbattle nick: nathanvasher
Time zone: Central Time
Regular Online Hours : 8 a.m.-12 p.m. on weekends, and 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. on weekdays
Experience level: kinda a newbie, i mean i was using a raikou with thunder/tb/crunch/tw for a while, though i picked up pretty quickly on competetive battling
A little about myself: American Football is pretty much number one in my life and when im not doing something to do with football im playing video games or watching The Simpsons
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU, and RS Ubers

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to pokemaniac15

Netbattle nick: Lugh
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): by circa 10 -11 PM, maybe 9 if I'm lazy =p
Experience level*: Has been on NB since 2001; play mostly 386
A little about myself: Now that it's summer, I'll be able to be on NB more frequently
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC or SF, whichever the tutor want to teach.

Assigned to skarm

Netbattle nick: TheTwistedParadox
Time zone: GMT -4
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 6-11 PM on weekdays, anytime on Sat
Experience level*: Been playing Pokémon since it came out, played GSCBot for a year or so, switched to NetBattle for a short time and recently got back into it.
A little about myself: Sarcastic and somewhat stubborn dude who wants to get better at Pokémon.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Team Building and Prediction, Advanced OU and UU

Assigned to Obi2Kenobi

Netbattle nick: TeH Knift

Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Sat-Sun 10:30-1:30 pm , weekdays 10:00-12:00pm
Experience level*: Been playing since '01 , gotten preety good, then stop for a long time, but then i re-started
A little about myself: Im cool, good student, easy learned
Generation(s) I want to learn: Team Building, Prediction, Advanced (R/S/FR/LG/E) OU, and Advanced UU

Taken by Aeroblacktyl

Netbattle nick:
SpaceFlare
Time zone: GMT+8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Friday 5 AM - 7 AM, 8 PM - 12 AM, 2 AM to 5 AM (tentative), Saturday 8 PM - 12 AM (tentative), 2 AM to 7 AM (tentative)
Experience level*: I'd say decent at RS OU and maybe a little bit on RBY. But not so much at nearly everything else.
A little about myself: school is keeping me from being online everyday.
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC OU/UU or RS 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)