Apprentice Program: Round Fifty One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Fastflygon
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -273.15c, Fastflygon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 3:20-10:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I became interested in competetive Pokemon post-Chomp gen 4, but because of internet troubles it is only recently that I've been able to actively ladder. I feel as though i'm probably above average as a play, and I have no problem reaching #200-#100 with one of my better teams, but I feel like there's something missing. In particular, I'd like tips on battling strategy and achieving functional synergy when teambuilding, as I think these are my weakest areas.

(Also if this is ANOTHER round where I don't get in I will be a sad panda. I was at a Cambridge University open day and I've only just found the time to come on Smogon.)

Username: christos21
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: christos21
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Almost all day (11-24) , my time is gmt +2
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a greek man who battles competitively about 1 year.I'd like to believe that i'm good enough in generation 4 but i'm not that good to the new generation so i'd like to have a tutor to help me learn how to build good teams in generation 5 and introduce me a bit in the new way of battling(it's different when your opponent can watch your team).

Username: JaredPwn
Pokemon Online Username: JaredPwn, Jared[TEST]
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) 12:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling competitively for a few years, yet I've never felt myself being the best battler around. I'm on summer break now I feel that this is the best time for me to really improve my skills. I want to improve at my team building skills, and also just general knowledge of the metagame and predictions. You may be looking at my post count and laugh, but for almost two years I've been lurking, but now that comes to and end! I'm pretty flexible on times that I can be tutored, just let me know when you need me to be on and I'll be there! I'm pretty dedicated to becoming a better B/W OU battler :]

Username: Staraptor Call
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Prisoner's Dilemma
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -7
Tell us a little about yourself: I played DPPt OU for a long time, then stopped around the time BW came out. I recently decided to start playing competitive Pokemon again, but I don't have much experience with the new metagame.

Username: Buzz Killington
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Buzz Killington
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, around 3 to 9
Tell us a little about yourself: Been on the server for a few months, and I'm doing alright, but I suck at making teams. There are always one or two pokemon that wall the crap out of everything on it, so I've been really streaky on the ladders. I can play pretty well, and predict well enough, but I would like to become better.

Username: Vixana
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Vixana
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -7 GMT, Weekday afternoons and Weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I know how to collect powerful pokémon, but six mons do not necessarily make a team.

Username: Unbreakable
PokemonOnline username: Unbreakable/qbsuperstar03 (for ghosting issues)
Timezone and hours: GMT -5, 4pm-11pm weekdays
Tier to learn: BW UU, DPP UU
A little about myself: I like to write and roleplay online, in one instance getting a sonnet I wrote when I was 16 published in the International Who's Who of Poetry.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: cosmicexplorer
Pokemon Online username: cosmicexplorer
Timezone and hours: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM most days, EST
Tier to learn: BW OU
A little about myself: "The typical overachieving white kid" is probably a good description of me.

If possible, I'd like to request StevenSnype, since he was my tutor two rounds ago and due to my irl issues, we couldn't see each other much for tutoring sessions.

Username: Kefka Palazzo™
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Kefka Palazzo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC/GMT -4 hours (I usually play every day, mostly on Saturday from 5 or 6 PM to 8 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself:
Well, I started playing Pokemon right about a tiny bit before BW's release, but being the addict that I am, I quickly learned just about everything I can about Standard OU, but now I want to learn about Ubers. I've never seen myself as the best battler(if that wasn't obvious :L), but I always try my best in a battle. I personally always love to use unorthodox(yet viable) sets to gain an advantage. So, I'm ready for you, Ubers >:o

.....<3 Ho-Oh

Username: KingdomBlade
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: KingdomBlade
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 8. 6:30 PM to 11:30 PM in our time during weekdays, almost all day during weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since R/B/Y (IIRC it was my first RPG), however I've only been trying out competitive for a year and a half or so. I always fail to create a team that I find success with, (though I've gotten a bit better)most likely due to my inexperience. My prediction skills are also sub par. I'm certainly not good at all yet with this, but I'm eager to learn and to play.
As for myself, I'm a student living in the South Eastern part of Asia (Philippines to be precise). I'm in love with video games, literature, writing, and film. I'm not that outgoing, however I do consider myself to be very hyperactive and enthusiastic, and friendly with most people. Hope I can get tutored!

Username: blarajan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: blarajan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. I'm available past 4 every day, but Tuesdays not until 9 and Fridays not until 9.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU/BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, my name is Rajan. I'm a 16 year old guy and I've been playing Pokemon for a bit, but haven't gotten all that great. I'm on debate and mock trial, and have a part time job which somewhat restricts my time. I really want to get better at this game. I was accepted as a tutee in round 50, but my tutor, WhiteQueen, took an impromptu and unexpected leave of absence. Accordingly, even though I was accepted, I didn't get a tutor. I'd really appreciate one for this round if that's not pretentious. Requesting anyone knowledgeable in UU and can help me primarily with good team building/prediction.

Username: Dr. Eyepatch
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dr. Eyepatch/Mr. Test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central ST, usually after 9 pm, but I can compromise.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU specifically, since I want the freedom of being able to use any non-Uber pokemon I desire.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well... Gastrodon is my favorite pokemon and I like to use it whenever possible, just to get that out of the way. I am not exactly new to the competitive environment, but I never really played/learned to play competitively. I am quick to understand things and have an out-of-the-box or roundabout way of thinking yet I am able to do so with efficiency and develop successful ideas, in a non-contrived manner. I am also very fond of strategy-based games and often do well in them. Feel free to ask me anything else you may want to know.

Ah yes, and I applied last time and did not manage to get a tutor (yet somehow some people after me did), if this means anything.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Username: kaonohiokala
Shoddy Username: kaonohiokala, kaonohi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-10, after 3:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW LC.
Tell us a little about yourself: They're so cute. :3

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, there's a good enough number of sign-ups already, so I'm closing this thread.

Expect a post of mine with R51 tutor assignments in a short time!

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You guys can check the OP to get the list of this round's assignments. Again, I tried my best to match people's preferences and timezone with an appropriate tutor. ;)

If you signed up but didn't get a tutor, please be patient, we will assign you one once the queue clears up a bit.

If you have any questions feel free to PM either myself or any of the other Battling 101 Staff members.

Good luck and here's to a good round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)