Apprentice Program: Round Eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Eleven of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ending on November 12th. I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

Available Tutors: NONEhttp://www.smogon.com/forums/../community/member.php?u=17

CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I'VE EDITED IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Assigned to Sir Chris

Netbattle nick: Life [ADV] / Life
Time zone: US Central
Regular Online Hours: variable, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM usually
Experience level: Bad at GSC
A little about myself: I am kerryparid...edit: wtf, GP is not tutoring...
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC-OU, GSC-UU, Random gliches such as the Belly Drum +2 crap.

Assigned to husk1442

Netbattle nick:
most of the time I'm PM-OU or PM-RBY, or PM-Testing, but I'm never really plain old 'PM'
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5-10pm weekdays, 9-1am weekends
Experience level*: I'm average at advanced, a little bit above average at RBY, and I suck really bad at GSC.
A little about myself: I have no life. I don't do anything but netbattle, sleep, eat, go to school, and watch tv. I don't do any extracurricular activities at school, I have no hobbies, and I'm just plain boring.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced OU(mainly just team building and EVing) GSC-OU.

Assigned to Groudon80

Netbattle nick: S Knight
Time zone:GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Varies
Experience level*:Medium in ADV
A little about myself:16 year old boy, going for GCSE
Generation(s) I want to learn:ADV OU, UU

Assigned to Yosuke

Netbattle nick: Pranz the master (Pranz)
Time zone:GMT+5.5
Regular Online Hours (in IST!!!!): from 3-6 pm everyday and 8-9 pm
Experience level*: Umm i can make good teams sumtimes
A little about myself: I love fire like crazy
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance games and uber and OU metagame

Assigned to Jackal

Netbattle Nick: Fufu3000 or MeleeMaster
Time Zone: GMT-5(EST)
Regular Online Hours: I still don't know what EDT is. In EST, usually 5PM-8PM. I have basketball practice at random times, so I will let you know when I won't be able to get on. On weekends, all day pretty much.
Experience Level: I'm average.
A little about myself: I like shiny pokemon
Generation I want to learn: Full Advance UU

Assigned to Holyknight

Netbattle nick:
Hey-Oh
Time zone: Atlantic (GMT -4:00)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5-9 with some exceptions
Experience level: Still learning the game, i know all the types and all that, but im not too good yet
A little about myself: Just recently picked up pokemon since not playing from GSC, and i never built competitive teams before, so im trying to learn.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU, and a little ADV UU

Assigned to zfs

Netbattle nick: Okashi
Time Zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (In EST): About maybe 4pm-9pm weekdays, randomly on weekends.
Experience level: Almost no knowledge in RS NU.
A little about myself: I like a lot of different stuff. >_>
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS NU.

Assigned to Nate

Netbattle nick: Dallasfan86
Time zone: -5
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 6,7,8 on weekdays, anytime on weekends
Experience level*: Somewhat experienced
A little about myself: Classified
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY OU and UU

Assigned to pokemaniac15

Netbattle nick: Priest Seto
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Changes as I'm in college and have lots of work. USUALLY evenings somewhere between 7:00 PM and 1:00 AM on weeknights. Varies on weekends. That's by Western Pennsylvania time, I think that's EDT not sure.
Experience level*: Below average, not terrible.
A little about myself: I like to play Pokemon and I play Netbattle to make and perfect teams that will eventually go on the videogames to play against friends. Therefore I use the Netbattle feature that allows moves from Colleseum and XD. I also avoid Hidden Power and Celebi. I also play Yu-Gi-Oh and Poker. I enjoy listening to music.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced and G/S/C (Uber and OU).

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Netbattle nick
: Do I need netbattle for the tutoring program?​

Time zone: EST​

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I'm not sure about what EDT is, so: Usually 4-5:30 EST, with exceptions.​

Experience level: Not that experienced, I don't know much about movesets, EVs, IVs, etc, but I'm willing to learn. =D​

A little about myself: What to put here..., Well, I'm a pretty fast learner, and a good listener. I like electric and water types, too, if that helps. ^^; I've been playing Pokemon since RBY days, but I wasn't into other aspects of the game. I recently picked up Emerald Version, and I'm hooked. xD Now I want to learn more about it.​

Generation(s) I want to learn: R/S/E UU, some ADV UU. I would like to learn how to make good movesets.​

Assigned to Basics

Netbattle Nick: hobohunter
Time Zone: GMT-6
Experience: played pokemon sice the beginning
a Little about myself: My favorite Rpg is Final Fantasy 7 and My favorite Pokemon is Milotic
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU and Advance UU

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick: [TC]CalmMind
Timezone: Pacific
Online Hours: Usually only on weekends. Weekdays occasionally.
Experience level: Im okay. Not too good.
A little about myself: I like 2 battle. My fave pkmn is Heracross.
Generation(s) i want to learn: Full Advanced OU. Team building and prediction.

Assigned to Mekkah

Netbattle nick: Ben Kenobi
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5am - 7pm though may vary when I have school which isn't at the moment
Experience level*: Been battling ocassionally for circa 4 months
A little about myself: Teenage student
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU (and probably UU if possible)

Assigned to ToP

Netbattle nick:sk8''ksyc
Time zone:GMT+8
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):8am-10am usually. But sometimes i have Skating pratice at night, so i wont be able to play.
Experience level*: Have been playing pokemon since RBY, but have little experience in building competitive teams.
A little about myself: Pokemon (including TCG) is one of my many hobbies, i also skate competitively and learn the piano and violin. I want to improve both on team building and on battling, i am a quick learner and a good listener. I dont really like Hidden Power though.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Full advanced and ubers,OU too if possible And building a balanced team, prediction techniques, EVs

Assigned to Bugsy23

Netbattle nick: just some chick
Time zone: Eastern Standard (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): anywhere from 5 PM-12AM
Experience level*: Been playing Pokemon since RBY, but only recently got into competitive battling -- still learning advanced things like prediction, which Pokes with which movesets to prepare for, etc.
A little about myself: I'm a student at the University of Florida, studying Japanese. I like to draw too, especially Pokemon stuff. My favorite hames besides Pokemon are Zeldas, Tetris and MGS.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance UU/BL/OU, and 2v2 if possible and if time allows.

Assigned to cloud

Netbattle nick: Neji

Time zone: Central Standard Time

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4:00 to 7:00, sometimes earlier, sometimes later

Experience level: I guess I could say Im a little experienced

A little about myself: I love pokemon, and have gotten many of the games. I am interested in learning more and stronger ways to PWN my opponents in battle. I really want to learn some doubles and uber (anything goes) strategies for the local tourneys around here.

Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced 1vs1, Advanced Uber 2vs2

Assigned to Giga Punch

Netbattle Nick: Skyshroud
Time Zone: US Eastern Time Zone (EST)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!): Mon-Fri 5:00-10:00, Saturday not online, Sunday afternoons (probably around 2:00-8:00 or so)
Experience Level: Not much, just a little testing done on NB
A Little About Myself: Played since the beginning, but kind of got off of it as of late. I got hyped up when I saw DP was coming out, so I looked into competitive battling and found Smogon. For other hobbies I'm kinda normal, I hang out with my friends (we like to play basketball, football, pool, darts, and other such games) and I'm a pretty good youth bowler (I average a 180). Also, I'm a competitive Magic: The Gathering player.
Generation(s) I would like to learn: Advance OU

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick: Fate.
Time zone: US Eastern Time Zone (EST)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Mon.-Thurs.8:30 or 9pm (flexible around that time), Sat + Sun, on alot after 3 p.m.
Experience level*: beginner/intermediate?
A little about myself: Fan of Pokemon since the "beginning"...on an off playing, used to play gb games, then switched to netbattle, stopped for a year and I'm back! XD
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance

Assigned to Kongler

Netbattle nick:MonkeyMugger
Time zone:GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): still don't know what it is but most of the time after school so like 3 pm and 8pm
Experience level*:I have played for a while but I don't feel like I'm at my best yet
A little about myself:I'm bored pretty easily except with Netbattle but If I suck it's not gonna help me
Generation(s) I want to learn:A lot of Teambuilding and OU and UU

Netbattle nick-Dragon Trainer Scott
Time zone:Central Time
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!)-On and off....mainly on around 5-7pm
Experience level*:RBY,GSC i'm really good at RSE...I don't know EV's IV's etc. I know the main move-sets and stuff like that but not the extra training values
A little about myself:I like to learn all i can where i can teach some one someday
Generation(s) I want to learn:RSE DV/IV/EV

NOTE: I see that there are not many avalable tutors left to teach. but I can wait till the next sign-up. I don't want to put someone in a differen't time zone to a hard schedule so i don't mind to wait.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
NetBattle nick: WER
Time Zone: EST
Regular Online Hours: 3-5 PM, usually on after 9PM
Generations I want to learn: Adv OU, UU, Ubers

I signed up for this before, but my tutor never returned my PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)