SM Ubers Anti-Meta Meta team (Currently about 1400 ELO)

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
You might have guessed from the title, but I'm not the most creative with anything. I went on the Smogon discord and learned a bit, and took a shot at a new team. I went for a bit and I grinded from 1200 ELO to 1400 and got a 70% win rate (plus my old team that sucked). I went for checks to primarily Xerneas, Groudon-P, and Zygarde-C in it. Here it is, in all of it's meta-pounding glory.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Toxic

A start for my team, it's my primary rocker. It helps Yveltal put the hurt on fairies that might sweep my team, as well as pounding on other starts like other Groudon-P. Toxic also ensures that they don't come back so that Arceus-D can defog, and Groudon can place the rocks again. It's not intended to be a primary damage dealer, but it can definitely succeed in helping others perform that role.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Substitute

Lugia is one of my favorite Pokemon for this reason. It's just so durable. I can't say how many sweeps I have done from spamming Toxic and Roost, and it works. But really, the actual role it plays on my team is to just brutally poison as many opponents as possible. The Multiscale lets it switch in on even the hardest of blows, and it's respectable speed lets it outplay other support Pokemon. These work in a wonderful conjunction allowing it to Substitute before it gets poisoned, and lets it survive a powerful blow from threats like Xerneas and Necrozma-U and phase away their boosts.

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

God is a wonderful support unit when it's Dark type. It can switch in on things like Necrozma-U's Photon Geyser. It's main purpose is supporting Pokemon like Yveltal and Lugia by removing rocks, sharing Lugia's role of badly poisoning everything, as well as actually having an attacking move. Other then that, it lets it absorb Psychic-type attacks that threaten Marshadow. It has fewer roles then other teammates, but they're big roles.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

I like bacon, so I had to have the bacon bird on my team. (That's why it's shiny.) But other then that, it is a wonderfully powerful attacker. Dark Aura combined with ludicrous SP. ATK lets it sweep really, really well. Taunt is also to avoid crippling status moves like Thunder Wave or Toxic. In a nutshell, it's a sweeper, and it's what I built my team around. I'm pretty bad at team building, so I probably didn't do the best job.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

Remember what I said before Groudon-P's description? How it's supposed to check the meta well? This is my primary check. It's intended to switch in on moves like Toxic or use steel's plethora of resistances to switch in, and set up with the only two setup moves, and go on sweeping with the extremely powerful Sunsteel Strike and Earthquake. Primarily to check Xerneas, and break walls like Lugia (After breaking Multiscale first, of course) with whatever Z-Move Solganium Z translates to.

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is a wonderful, wonderful revenge killer. It can be an emergency stop to setup-sweepers that didn't boost their speed, and then do a sweep thanks to the work of the opponent! HP Ice also OHKOs Zygarde-50% after Stealth Rock, thanks to experience, and that's a very valuable skill because Zygarde-C can wall this team pretty well.

Overall, this team sucks and it needs a little bit of someone who doesn't have an IQ rivaling a rutabaga to improve it. If you took the time to read this, why don't you give a suggestion? It won't hurt. But thanks for even clicking on this thread! :)

What the. You want Ice punch, not -spa HP ice.
Or just pick a Naive nature, which doesn't weaken HP Ice and allows Marshadow to do this:
0 SpA Life Orb Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 322-385 (76.6 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Ice Punch only deals 74% max to physically defensive Zygarde before Power Construct.
Frailer Zygarde variants fall to Ice Punch (and still take 90%+ from HP Ice), so it's a choice of whether you want an insurance for bulky Zygarde sets.

Last edited:

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
Thanks for doing that, I pretty much copied & pasted these as importables from the strategy pokedex and never caught that.

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Teams that start with Support Primal Groudon, Arxeus-Dark, and Lugia often will never have the rest of the three Pokemon as teammates mainly because of Lugia requiring a good amount of support in a having a good cleric and secondary defog user (sometimes its ok to just have one defog user if ur not that weak to sr). Stacking Dark on top of Dark is pretty tough when your two Fairy resists lack recovery. The team will eventually lose to offensive Primal Groudon sets, GeoXern, and other combination of threats due to the lack of reliable bulky teammates backing up the team.

The following suggestions should fix some of the issues with the team:

1) Dusk Mane - > SD Morning Sun EQ Sunsteel Strike: Making this change allows you to have more bulk on your team to check Xerneas and Fairy-types better, as well as a wall breaker that can break through stall most of the time. I'm on phone so I can't drop the set properly but it should be 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD with an Adamant Nature.

2) Marshadow -> Mega Gengar : This change gives improves the team a lot imo because with this change you are able to abuse the many Toxic spamming Pokemon on your team. Mega Gengar also works as a great revenge killer. The standard set on the analysis should be fine.

3) Yveltal - > Toxapex: You need a solid Marshadow check at this stage and what other mon makes a great partner as Toxapex. It is also able to check Mega Lucario which can pose as a huge threat to ur team. The standard set should be fine here.

Minor Changes:
1) Ice Beam > Substitute on Lugia: This allows you to check Mega Salamence, Zygarde, and Rayquaza better.

Wish I could provide an updated team thing but hard to do all that in phone :p

Hope this helps and good luck with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)