Tournament AGPL V - Finals [Won by Ivory Impalers]

Amazing art by sleepyzen

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<
Alright ladies, gentlemen and my non-binary pals, we've made it to the finals. To celebrate the successful end of AGPL V and the patience and magnanimity the community has shown to me, I asked and got permission to throw in an additional prize. Whichever team wins, please have your manager post your team MVP in this thread after the round is over. The MVP gets an additional prize of all of the likes on my Smogon profile, which are currently about ~2,000. I'll try to make a bunch of really good posts over the course of the week to get that number higher but unfortunately I did this already like two years ago so I don't have very many anymore. Still should be a nice benefit.

Good luck battling folks

:solgaleo: Lion's Den (1) vs (5) Ivory Impalers :great-tusk:
SV AG: Guard vs LBN
SV AG: tier vs WrathoftheLeopard
SV AG: Master Chief vs The Strap
SV AG: clean vs Mashing
SS AG: byulharang vs polt
SM AG: temp vs Will
ORAS AG: MZ vs PurpleGatorade
Bo3: Icemaster vs baconeatinassassin

Lion's Den (0) vs (0) Ivory Impalers
SV AG: Guard vs LBN
SV AG: tier vs WrathoftheLeopard
SV AG: Master Chief vs The Strap
SV AG: clean vs Mashing
SS AG: byulharang vs polt
SM AG: temp vs Will
ORAS AG: MZ vs PurpleGatorade
Bo3: Icemaster vs baconeatinassassin

Last edited by a moderator:

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Just want to start this out with thanking you teal6 for hosting, we awaited patiently for finals to be posted and we all knew the matchups were going to be bangers. Also thanks to Theia again as well for hosting the reg season ! This has been one of my favorite tours ive played in, the community is very welcoming and I have had a blast playing ! We expected to face the crobats in finals but Impalers making it was a slight surprise to us, we tied in the reg season I think so this will be a fun matchup. Its very generous of you Teal to offer your likes to the MVP, I personally think im the mvp of my team so if we win I will be glad to receive your likes. I also think I should be in charge of picking our avatar if we win, so a combination of these prizes make this tour worth tryharding in. We have fought well and hard, many didnt expect us to make it here but we beat the odds so a quick pat on the back Lions Den. We have grown a lot as a team and we have one more obstacle for us to become the AGPL V champions and get in the Hall of Fame together. Also yesterday I decided to overthrow our current managers so now I manage the team along with pichus as my comanager, just a head up Teal (the rest of the team can vouch). I hope everyone has a good time like we did. FOR PICHUS !

Will

about you
is an official Team Rater
OMPL Champion
won, gg
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7anythinggoes-711139

and with that, AGPL V is concluded. here are my brief shoutouts, in no particular order:
to my handsome co-manager baconeatinassassin , thank you for carrying the burden of supporting all SV slots on top of prepping for your games every week -- i'm glad we made this work out in the end despite me continuing to refuse to touch SV anything.

LBN you performed incredibly against some of the best players despite not having played a single game of AG prior to this tour. i'm glad that bacon saw your potential and picked you up, and i hope to see you playing SV ag in future tournaments.

The Strap The undefeated Strap: never had to worry about your slot because i knew you'd win all your games. glad we finally won an AG team tour together after The AG Snake Incident, and now we can focus on winning TPP as well x]

Rhmsitb sorry we couldn't get you a game this season, but what matters is that you were always active in the teamcord in case we needed a sub. always a pleasure to have you as a teammate, hope to see you in future AGPLs!

pokenerddude old friend from years ago back when i was a casual ladder player, i'm glad you finally got a chance to show your skills in AGPL. you're officially undefeated in AGPL, and i can't wait to see you rocking our custom avatar in the chatroom >:]

WrathoftheLeopard you played amazingly for someone newer to team tournaments, and you need more self confidence -- despite not knowing much about SV, I could tell you piloted that finals game amazingly.

PurpleGatorade i thought it was hilarious that you didn't know this tour had a custom for its winners until halfway through finals week -- despite not knowing the stakes, you still made an effort to make time for testing every week in your busy schedule, and we're really grateful that we had a player as proactive in prepping as you.

polt sorry i passed you a couple of doomed matchups, but i really appreciate the amount of time you spent running tests and prepping. always a pleasure to have you on my team and i'm glad we finally won an AG team tour together x]

Mashing i know you aren't fully satisifed with the way this tour went, but dont worry about it -- you played some really tough opponents and your record doesn't do justice to the overwhelmingly positive impact you had on our team. glad to have you as a teammate!

GeniusFromHoenn i'm glad we stole you from loti during the draft. solid player and really glad to have you kick our season off with wins in SV as we tested different rosters. very happy to have you on our team!

Nael222 really glad to have you play for our SV whenever we needed to change things around. you would show up and just win. solid player and always a positive chat presence -- i hope to see you in AG tours in the future.

our wonderful helpers: TaxFraud thank you for supporting our SV slots in finals, Farce Of The Death for providing us with extensive scouts during finals, lotiasite for coming back because the kids missed you, Satanic Beast for helping in SM during finals, crying for waving to your own join message, and Bruce Shankle on PS for keeping our SM channel active, providing tests, and providing valuable team input.

everyone else in AGPL: thanks for keeping this tournament competitive throughout AG's current transitional period. i hope the AG community continues to grow with SV's release under new leadership, and i hope to see everyone back next year!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)