Other AG- the dream team ft. Bibarel (first rmt!)

This team was originally centered around abusing gimmicks that were unbanned like evasion, OHKO, and most importantly, Moody. But now i have made this into a more serious team. I have not really been at the top of the ladder mainly staying the mid 1300's. This team has changed many times, but now i have a finalized team. (unless people have changes for my team)

TEAMBIULDING

- I saw how bibarel had the moody ability and wanted to use it and make a team built around it. This is the only gimmick based Pokemon that made it all the way onto the finalized team.
- Every good Anything Goes team needs a Mega Rayquaza. Nuff said
- The same thing can be said for P-Groudon. I orginally had a rock polish groudon, but I changed it to a 4 attack groudon.
- Now this is where the madness begins. I wanted to use a Lock On & Sheer Cold smeargle to abuse the OHKO clause not existing, it worked good for unsuspecting opponents, but for opponents who knew what i was doing, i mainly used this thing for death fodder.
- Out of every single Pokemon i could choose, i chose Primeape. I chose it to counter sleep, which my team doesn't appreciate.
- Clefable is another Pokemon i wanted use as a gimmick, with access to Calm Mind and Stored power, it seemed like a perfectly good option for my team.
- As i played through matches, Clefable seemed like it wasn't preforming as well as my other pokemon, as it could not get enough setup to really do some damage. So I replaced with an Aegislash. but it is not the aegislash you would normally expect. I thought that Swagger & Double team would be a good combo, so i decided to go with that.
- Along with Clefable, Smeargle was not performing as well as i expected. As i said before, if an opponent knew what i was trying to do, than i would use it as death fodder. But even if my opponent didn't know what i was doing, it takes 3 turns just to set up for 1 kill. So i replaced it with a Baton Pass Blaziken. Not only is this thing the evolution of my favorite pokemon (Torchic), but also this thing has brought me great wins in battle.
- The Aegislash that I used sucked, as it died very easily before i could set up and it also didn't help that i could only use one attacking move, shadow ball so it makes me completely walled by normal types. So i replaced it with a far better Pokemon. Skarmory brought one thing that i really needed on which was entry hazards.
- With help from
Zangooser I have figured out 3 things. 1- I needed to replace Primeape. The idea of countering sleep was a good idea, but when I was not countering sleep, this thing kind of fell short. So I decided to replace my Ape with a Scarf Terrakion. This thing helps my team by dealing with Fairies and in general has more power than primeape. 2- I needed to redo my Skarmory set. I needed to replace my speed evs with SpD evs to make it more bulky rather than speedy. This also reflects my moveset changes. 3- Replacing Knock off with Substitute on blaziken. There isn't to say other than it really works

Now onto the actual team
TEAM

Paul (Bibarel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Moody
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Last Resort
Last resort is an interesting move, as only one high tier Pokemon can use it effectivley, which is Ambipom. Ambipom can use it because it gets fake out and has a high base speed. But bibarel has one thing that Ambipom doesn't. Moody. Protect allows bibarel to scout the opponent and see what move they are going and get a free Moody boost with potentially getting an attack or speed boost. Last Resort is an extremely powerful move and even more powerful if he gets +2 attack because of moody. Without any boosts Last Resort 50% to a max hp Primal Groudon. Paul is Awesome

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Blast
I can see why they banned Mega Ray from ubers. This thing has massive attack power and massive speed. It also has decent defenses thanks to Delta Stream if Dragon Ascent hasn't been used yet. I run Fire Blast instead of DDance because Steel types and defensive walls would be a problem for this Mon and this thing already has enough attack and speed to begin with. I also use this thing as a revenge killer by using ESpeed.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
This thing is also a very common and very popular mon in AG and i can see why. I originally had EQ instead of Dragon Tail and Rock Polish instead of Stone Edge. I run dragon tail to rack up damage from hazards and run stone edge for coverage. I originally had earthquake because I did not want to risk missing Precipice Blades for only a little less damage, but now I feel more confident with the Blades. I originally had rock polish on the set because i wanted to out-speed more pokemon, but it wouldn't live a hit to be able to show off its boosted speed. I planned to put SD on it, but instead i put stone edge.

Speedy (Blaziken) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
Blaziken is one my all time favorite Pokemon in general and especially in battle, so i had to find a way to get this guy on my team. And the result was amazing. For some reason, a lot of people i faced did not expect a baton pass Blaziken and just thought that it was offensive and did not try to get rid of it. I have gotten my Mega Ray up to +6 Attack and +5 speed and pulled of a 6-0 sweep. I have standard
BatonPass moves, Protect and Sub to shield Blaziken from damage, and SD to boost the Pokemon i pass into's attack.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind
Skarmory adds two things that this team definitely needs, a steel type Pokemon and entry hazards. I have whirlwind to rack up entry hazard damage, Toxic to get even more damage on the other Pokemon, and roost to heal up my Skarm when it gets low on health. I also have a rocky helmet to get even more damage on physical attacks. I gave my P-Groudon dragon tail to keep getting hazard damage that this thing sets up.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 Spe (?)
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
The latest addition to my team (and a replacement to Green Gloves the Primeape (RIP), this Pokemon adds a counter to fairies (which my team needs) with it's strong iron head. Terrakion also adds a strong fighting type (Way stronger than Primeape) that can benefit from Blaziken's Baton Pass to start sweeping. While this is not immune to sleep, It can still do heavy damage and out-speed Smeargle before it can put me to sleep. Close Combat and Rockslide are stab and EQ is for coverage. I am not sure about the EVs but i think they are fine

Threat List

Togekiss, Whismicott and any other annoying hax pokemon- They are annoying and I hate them
Other Bibarel- They can set up with Moody and sweep my team
Primal Kyogre- A minor threat, but can be a big problem if my Ray & P- Groudon are dead.
Ekiller Arceus- If this Pokemon gets set up it will destroy my team
Ditto- This Pokemon can counter my setup

Questions For Change
I have a team of almost all pokemon on the physical side of attacking (should I change?)
Is my Terrakion set a good idea

BIBAREL IS COOL

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
I know this is going to sound rude, and I'm not trying to make it sound that way, I just can't make it sound nice no matter which way I put it so please forgive me.

Also, I would like to commend you on your use of viable pokemon at your rank. Many others are completely oblivious to the state of the ladder.

Ok, firstly "every good Anything Goes team needs a Mega Rayquaza" is complete and utter bs. Many top players have very successful teams that don't feature a Mega Ray including me. Mega Diancie, Mega Gengar and Mega Mewtwo X/Y are all viable in the current state of the meta.

Your Groudon set is actually a perfectly fine set, kudos. Your Rayquaza set wouldn't be able to hit a Carbink at the moment. I like how you're trying to be unique with the Primeape, not sure about it tho. For example Sawk can have a purpose high ladder, with it being able to OHKO EKiller Arc while equipped with a fist plate. You'd never see it because there are better alternatives. These better alternatives are the reason you'll never see a Primeape as a sleep counter. But of course, what would I know I peaked the ladder with a Terrakion.

I haven't any experience with moody mons and their reliability so I won't comment on your bibarel. However if your last resort fact is true I can't see it being that bad.

At your rank the baton pass with the Blaziken can be quite effective. If you replace the knock off with substitute, you will be able to utilise Swords Dance without a care.

The Speed EVs on Skarmory are not useful in any situation, investing fully in bulk is definitely the better option. Replace the Brave Bird with Roost or your Skarmory is useless. Rocky Helmet is a better item but leftys are fine. By using a rocky helmet your Skarm can wall EKiller which is one of your major threats. That many hazards is a bad idea. Toxic would be a better option. Ideally, you want your Skarm set to look like this:

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind

That's very rough.

Also if I used too much language that you didn't understand or you want me to clarify something, let me know.

Also I'd be happy to help on showdown. My current rank is 1880, and I've played over 1700 games of AG. So I have some knowledge of the metagame.

Thank You for the advice Zangooser. I am sorry for being so oblivious and saying that every good AG team needs a mega rayquaza. All the good teams I played had a Mega rayquaza on them. How would my mega rayquaza be able to get around Carbink? I will try to make a replacement for Primeape, but I am not sure what mon to replace it with (Maybe Terrakion?). I will try out your skarmory set and and see if it helps. I will also try Sub on Blaziken and see how it works

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Thank You for the advice Zangooser. I am sorry for being so oblivious and saying that every good AG team needs a mega rayquaza. All the good teams I played had a Mega rayquaza on them. How would my mega rayquaza be able to get around Carbink? I will try to make a replacement for Primeape, but I am not sure what mon to replace it with (Maybe Terrakion?). I will try out your skarmory set and and see if it helps. I will also try Sub on Blaziken and see how it works
Sorry I wasn't really clear with what I said, I'll try and clarify. Also, I'm sorry that I came off a bit harsh. Carbink was an example, no one runs carbink. Standard sets run a combination of Dragon Ascent and Earthquake as well as ExtremeSpeed for priority. Dragon Dance is a common set up move. Also, don't worry about getting everything perfect or nice, that will come with experience. Terrakion, doesn't counter sleep, that was just saying that uniqueness is a good thing. I really didn't explain anything so I'm sorry for that. However, Terrakion can counter Darkrai after the death of one of your Pokemon. I would highly recommend looking into something else but probably change the Terra back to a Primeape for now. Hope the suggestions work, and also I feel like I'm being a pest, sorry.

Edit: if it works, keep it. I didn't read.

Last edited:
No Problem you are perfectly fine. Terrakion has been working out well but Primeape I think has done better. I will try a few more battles with Terra and see if I should keep it or not. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)