Gen 3 ADV OU Choice Band Flygon Physical Offence

Hey everybody! First time poster here, wanted to make a physical offense team with one of my favorite ADV sets: Choice Band Flygon! I've been having alot of fun with this team but feel it could use a few tweaks in order to really get the most out of it.

Magneton @ Magnet
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic
- Protect
In the lead slot we have the glue that keeps the team together, Mag. I thought having it as a lead to catch lead skarm would be nice but it also acts as a good lure for flygon to take out lead celebi/metagross. Toxic and protect are here to squeeze some more damage out before kicking the bucket.

Flygon (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Gust
And here we have the star of the show Flygon! You'd be surprised by the amount of raw damage this thing can put out. Earthquake catches metagross and jirachi, rock slide for any flying types and HP Bug for celebi and starmie. Gust is really only here to fill things out as flygon is hard to get in on fighting types but can come in handy.

Swampert (F) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Endeavor
- Hydro Pump
- Roar
Swampert here acts as another rock resist and overall sponge. Sub + endeavor is amazing at spreading solid damage and roar is here to deal with potential set up sweepers. A good backup for blissey and pretty solid against everything else.

Salamence (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break
Our second choice band mon, mence is here to wallbreak. Stab HP flying is great for dealing with breloom if you can get mag to absorb spore for you, EQ and rock slide for coverage and brick break for cleaning up blissey and snorlax. Solid mon overall and can even deal with other physical attackers thanks to intimidate.

Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 144 HP / 96 Atk / 132 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Self-Destruct
- Return
- Shadow Ball
Snorlax acts as our dedicated set up sweeper and special wall. I feel curse and self destruct are requirements on snorlax as they provide an easy solution to mons like skarm, meta and suicune if you cant break through with your other mons. Return over body slam just for personal preference and you can really kinda replace shadow ball with EQ but I find it helpful for starmie.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
And rounding the team out is our pursuit ttar. Acting as our dedicated swampert and gengar counter while also helping deal with the steels with fire blast and spreading some solid chip damage with pursuit, ttar is helping open the floodgates for our two CB dragons.

PROBLEM MATCHUPS:
Claydol
Bulky claydol is a tough matchup for physical offence in general. Hardly anything on the team can deal with it on their own without getting hit by a hard psychic or explosion. Your best bet would be HP bug on flygon or crunch with ttar but for the latter youre going to have to contend with a big earthquake hit in exchange.

Dugtrio
Since we're not running P2 to counter trap dug if your mag or ttar gets caught by this thing youre pretty much done. HP grass with ttar can kill but i wouldnt rely on it. Swampert handles it easily and mence and flygon can also force it out after an EQ. Just stay mindful of dug and try to hit it when you can.

Milotic
Oh milotic, annoying annoying milotic... This is probably your biggest hurdle when it comes to physical offense. If you dont have mag anymore to toxic and tbolt it youre just gonna have to rely on brute force to chunk it down. SubsSalac pert really helps here, acting as a suicide wallbreaker.

Gengar
Gengar's will-o-wisp is a scary thing to see when youre running double choice band and snorlax. While pursuit ttar can easily handle it is likely to still get hurt if theyre running HP grass or giga drain. Like dugtrio you always have to keep it in mind to make sure it cant cripple your heavy hitters.

Honorable mentions: HP Ice Jolteon/Zapdos
Much rarer to see then the more common HP Grass these two will just destroy your flygon and mence when you least expect it. Both are easily handled by snorlax however, but be cautious.

If you'd like to try the team out for yourself you can do so here: https://pokepast.es/0a0c65fc204832fe
This is really my first time trying to come up with my own ADV team and I think ive found some pretty good synergy, but I would love to hear any feedback or suggestions on how to improve. I didnt put alot of thought into the EV spreads so those can definitely be tweaked for specific threats to each mon.

Thanks for checking out the team and have a great day!

vapicuno

你的价值比自己想象中的所有还要低。我却早已解脱,享受幸福
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Hello. There is some mismatch in the pace of your team. It will win some out of the surprise factor, but it won't get you very far.

The four main Pokemon in your team are CBgon, CBmence, EndPert and Snorlax (the other two are trappers).

For you to be able to gain a serious advantage over your opponent instead of relying on predictions, you would need to be able to switch out from wrongly-locked CB attacks reliably. Only having EndPert and Snorlax is usually too frail for that. Imagine trading down two Pokemon with EndPert and Snorlax, only to be eventually beaten by MixMence or Starmie or Gengar. Not fun.

Assuming you want to keep CBgon, Magneton, and Ttar, some further options you can consider are
for physical walling,
- Skarmory, which is nice if you manage to trap Mag with Mag and helps vs Metagross
- Offensive Swampert, probably Curse to also help with Suicune
for special walling,
- Celebi, which can use Baton Pass to safely get Flygon in or Leech Seed to force switches to give Flygon a free turn to come in
- Curse HP Bug Snorlax, which generally benefits from Mag+Suit

If you really want to keep the team offensive, then probably you should use it with Spikes and switch to a Substitute Flygon set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)