Gen 3 ADV NU Pikachu + BP Flareon Offense

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
:metang: :pikachu: :flareon: :wailord: :cacturne: :haunter:
Pikachu Offense(Fast Haunter) (pokepast.es)
I tried building around the offenive core of Pikachu + Flareon in ADV NU.

Metang @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Sleep Talk
Metang is this team's obligatory normal resist. It helps check Murkrow, Pidgeot and Raticate. CB Mash lets it 0hko Max HP lead Glalie. Sleep talk helps check lead Venomoth and provides the team a sleep switch-in. In theory, it can also blow up on Wishcash to clear a path for Pikachu. I've considered replacing this with the Leftovers Agility version to better deal with the normals however. It can also lure in bulky waters for Wailord and Pikachu to come in on. I am considering replacing this with Mawile as it has Intimidate and Baton Pass.

Wailord @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Self-Destruct
Offensive Wailord pressures Roselia to help Pikachu sweep. It also serves as the main check to opposing Wailord and Huntail. It's a good defensive and offensive glue on a most teams and this one is no different.

Flareon @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Flamethrower
- Toxic / Hidden Power Grass
Specially Defensive Flareon provides a good check to Haunter and Plusle. It can lure in bulky water types like Wailord and Pelipper and then BP out to Pikachu, giving the two amazing synergy. Substitute clowns on Torkoal not running Rock Slide and doesn't get broken by Haunter's TBolt, letting you set up an easy pass to Pikachu on it. Toxic helps wear down Torkoal. HP Grass stops Pupitar from setting up. Flamethrower is self-explanatory.

Haunter @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Explosion
Haunter helps check CB normal types. It can also RK Pidgeot and Murkrow late game. It has good synergy with Flareon, Pikachu and Metang as it can switchin into ground type attacks aimed at them. It also helps the team by luring and weakening the threatening offensive variants of Metang with WOW. Boom can weaken walls like Lickitung, Bellossom and Kecleon to help Pikachu and Wailord.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Quick Attack
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Pikachu is what this team is built around. It has extremely good synergy with Flareon. Quick Attack is used instead of Substitute to help deal with pinch berry users like Raticate. Flareon makes up for it's inability to switchin into anything.

Cacturne @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 176 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Encore
This set provides a good switchin to Haunter and Chimecho. It also provides soft checks to Plusle and Wailord. It can check CM Chimecho fairly well with fast Encore. It relieves pressure from Flareon to check Haunter as well.

I would like to thank the user isoptera for helping me immensely with testing this team out. quziel also made a lot of good suggestions on movesets and such.

Last edited:
I like the team, it is a solid pika + BP flare core offense. I do like your idea to change metang to mawile for the complete BP trifecta, particularly because the mons an offensive metang wears down (opposing wailord, torkoal, phys def chimecho, etc.) aren't necessarily targets which pika needs weakened to do its job. I would recommend some more speed on wailord, 167 doesn't cut it anymore to speed creep on base 65's like roselia. I go anywhere in the ballpark of 170-177 these days. Cool team!

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
I like the team, it is a solid pika + BP flare core offense. I do like your idea to change metang to mawile for the complete BP trifecta, particularly because the mons an offensive metang wears down (opposing wailord, torkoal, phys def chimecho, etc.) aren't necessarily targets which pika needs weakened to do its job. I would recommend some more speed on wailord, 167 doesn't cut it anymore to speed creep on base 65's like roselia. I go anywhere in the ballpark of 170-177 these days. Cool team!
Do you think CB Mawile is good here or should I go for PhysDef? Or something in between?

Do you think CB Mawile is good here or should I go for PhysDef? Or something in between?
I wouldn't go CB, I'd go phys def with toxic, bp, hp steel, and a 4th move which could be sub, could be protect. Protect is probably better. You will need to change the mon you lead with since mawile is a pretty bad lead. Wailord is a fine lead, flareon is decent, or you could turn the cacturne into a glalie and have them lead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)