A proposal of opportunity

Bull of Heaven

this is definitly going to be better than the serebii leagues and we aren't serebii which gives us a better chance to get this to work
How does this make sense to you? The chance can be better or worse at a different site. It's worse here.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
We did this before with Advance and in my personal opinion these are nothing more than prolonged tournaments. The "league" we formed towards the end of Advance had interest for about a week or two before it died out. Not only that, what you're proposing isn't very challenging as each gym is forced to adhere to battling with a single type. As a participant I would simply use 6 pokemon with type advantages over the gym I was facing. I don't see how that fits your claim of nurturing battling skills.

Now I don't know who you've actually contacted about this but until further notice this will NOT be affiliated with this site.

That I can vouch for, as serebii attacker forwarded me Jumpman's response.

I'm still having trouble believing that this will take off, though. If only I had more time to participate, then I would support this. Still, this game of Pokemon is mostly a hobby, and only the most dedicated would willingly support this. I don't have the time for the dedication, though...

Well i appreciate the honesty and responses I've gotten from this thread. And so I guess i will drop the issue as to not be kicked out of smogon. Even though Serebii has an actual league that is still running stronger than ever, this site, smogon, is so much better in terms of intelligence, along with the ability to look at more than one page in a 30 min. time span.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
regarding this alleged PM, he asked if there was a league like serebii's currently on smogon and I said no because there is no way there actually is an official one right now. i also told him that questions like "is there a league like serebii here" were better suited for the "ask a simple question" thread

at any rate, in no way did i actually give this my "blessing" or whatever. you should have asked a much more specific question that the one you did, serebii_attacker

regarding this alleged PM, he asked if there was a league like serebii's currently on smogon and I said no because there is no way there actually is an official one right now. i also told him that questions like "is there a league like serebii here" were better suited for the "ask a simple question" thread

at any rate, in no way did i actually give this my "blessing" or whatever. you should have asked a much more specific question that the one you did, serebii_attacker
I never said you gave me any blessing, all i did was ask if there was a league. Your response to me was as follows: [nope, also questions like this are why we make our "ask simple questions here" threads], in which case i decided to try to create one in a simplistic value. It turns out that there was one. I found that out the hard way. It would've been nice to have all the answers before hand, however i personally dont hold anything against you what so ever, because i do realize you are involved with so much of this site, and it is appreciated. So in this instance, at least there is one here, even though its pretty much dead. I also asked skarm if i could make one, and gave him my proposal. He has not returned anything to me yet. That took place before I created this thread. I was only hoping to gain support from the smogon community to help me in my endeavor, however it seems that everyone is against the idea, except for a few.
And as of carls response, we do not need to keep up this discussion as to prevent from getting flagged for not obeying mods request. However, on a final note, i am happy at least on one point that this community is exactly that, a community. We are all able to communicate like adults, unlike when i was on serebii where, when everyone is in disagreement all that is done was just calling names and flamming people. And for that i thank everyone one. And charizard, yeah, im pretty sure that its no longer up for negotiation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)