A little bit rainy (OU RMT)

So... I'm a new player around and I'm currently trying to make a Rain Dance team. And so, here goes...

Creating the team :
Soo... a rain team... I decided to go for kingdra as the obvious one to get.

As I can't think of anything else at the moment, I went for a lead. Somehow, bronzong seems attractive...

Next, I need walls, or at least something that could stall. I go for blissey and ludicolo.

Hmm... a rapid spinner maybe? I went for forretress

And finally, to round things off, here comes the jolteon for the last slot

In Depth :

Bronzong @ damp rock
ability : levitate
nature : impish
EV : 252HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
-Rain Dance
-Iron Head
-Toxic
-Stealth Rock

So, a rain lead bronzong. I'm not even sure why I'd pick the giant bronze bell over other things, but it's doing pretty good actually. Zong has 2 tasks, put up SR and start the rain. If possible, it will go and poison one or two enemy mons before dancing. When needed, it will also be my physical wall, although it lacks reliable recovery. Iron Head is there as a filler move, just in case zong needs to attack.

Kingdra @ Damp rock
ability : swift swim
nature : mild
EVs : 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
-Waterfall
-Surf
-Dragon pulse
-Rain dance

My main sweeper. It's running mixed offense with more power stacked on the special side than the physical. As stated by a lot of people, water / dragon is only resisted by empoleon, and I have jolty to finish the fat penguin off anyway. Rain dance is there in case the other 2 dancers are down. max speed just in case kingdra has to do without rain, just in case.

Blissey @ leftovers
ability : natural cure
nature : calm
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy
-Seismic toss
-Thunder wave

Ahh... blissey. Probably the most overused special wall in all history, the giant pink egg makes an appearance on this team. Not really taking any advantage of the rain, bliss is here just for her special walling capabilities. This one takes care of statuses for the team as well as crippling enemy sweepers with thunder wave. With natural cure, it means that it can save aromatherapy PP for other pokes. When it needs to, it can seismic toss as well.

Lucicolo @ Leftovers
ability : rain dish
nature : calm
EVs : 204 HP / 80 SpA / 120 SpD / 104 Spe (taken from some other rain team RMT)
-Rain dance
-Substitute
-Ice beam
-Leech seed

SubSeed Ludicolo in rain is always hard to take down. With approx. 25% health recovery each turn (assuming leech seed hits) in rain, ludi can safely rain ice beams, be it SE or NVE, or simply prepare rain for the sweepers. either way, ludi's main job is to stall anything that was poisoned by zong / forretress, or slowly killing other stuff when the sweepers are down.

Forretress @ shed shell
ability : sturdy
nature : mild
EVs : 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
-Rapid spin
-Stealth rock
-Toxic
-Payback

My second physical wall, also my rapid spinner, and secondary stealth rocker. Forretress is undoubtedly one of the best spinners out there, and payback is for naughty rotoms that think I'll rapid spin right away. Toxic to... intoxicate opposing walls. Rapid spin is for... do I need to explain this? SR, just in case my opponent spun them.

Jolteon @ leftovers...???
ability : volt absorb
nature : modest
-Thunder
-Thunderbolt
-HP (Ice)
-Substitute

Jolteon, one of my favorite pokemon of all time. Needless to say, this is the rain sweeper variant with 100 accuracy thunder. Thunderbolt is there since there have been lots of cases where I'm left with bliss / forry / jolty, and thunder will be worthless out of rain due to shaky accuracy. HP Ice, you know the drill. Sub will be put up on a predicted switch. With a little prediction, jolteon might be able to heal by switching into opposing thunder sweepers trying to take advantage of the rain.

so... wreck this team apart if you will then.

Wow, haven't rated for ages, lol. This team needs minor changes. First off, Iron Head is not good on Bronzong. Yes, it is a STAB move however, Explosion works better here, like Exploding on Blissey. Second, you have Rain Dance, meaning Doubled speed for Kingdra, so not needing max speed. 4 Speed EV's would give Kingdra 414 Speed, which is quite good considering Kingdra has a decent 85 Base Speed. Also, Waterfall is obviously for Blissey, correct? and inorder to do enough you'll need 152 EV's 84.87% - 100.00%, I think that's enough or you can max it out. Lol, what's your EV Spread on Blissey? Surf > Ice Beam on Ludicolo, Surf is STAB and get's a boost from Rain Dance. Third, what's with Stealth Rock on Forretress? Bronzong is sure to get up a Stealth Rock, So you can change it to Explosion. Lastly, Thunderbolt on Jolteon, you have Thunder, which will never miss due to Rain Dance, So you can change it to Shadow Ball or Baton Pass. Passing a Sub is nice. Like passing a Sub to Kingdra Late-game would aid it in sweeping. That's all I can do for now, Hope I helped! Good Luck!

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
It looks at the moment as if you are trying to run some sort of rain stall. What is the point of stalling when you have that sort of power and speed. To make this more offensive:

I would suggest removing Blissey for another rain sweeper - Kabutops and Qwilfish are the best options. Kabutops is more powerfuland has good priority, but Qwilfish absorbs toxic spikes and has explosion.

I would put Damp Rock on Jolteon and run rain dance, freeing up Kingdra to replace its Damp Rock with life orb.

Then I would change Ludicolo to an offensive set with Surf/GK/Ice beam/rain dance - subseed Ludicolo is only really good in ubers

Iron head is outclassed by Gyro Ball on Bronzong (with a -speed nature and 0 IVs) though explosion would help to bring in a rain sweeper for free.

Neither am I sure how much a rain team needs a spinner. You don't switch much really. Forretress can run a rain support set, but it does not need payback, becasue spinning is not that necessary. If you opt for Qwilfish, Toxic spikes are no longer a problem. I would actually suggest replacing him with Jirachi, Scizor, or Rotom-W.

Good luck.

To me, Jolteon is odd. Why have Thunder AND Thunderbolt? I suggest changing Thunderbolt to Shadow Ball or Signal Beam.

Also, have you considered using Kabutops? I too believe you should go all-out attacking with this team and Kabutops would help you immensely.
Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Swift Swim
72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Aqua Jet
-Stone Edge
-Watefall/Return

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)