A bit of Technical support please?

Alright, so I couldn't find anywhere that would be a better location to post this, so sorry for the slight off-topic-ism.

Currently, I don't use a router that supports Nintendo Wi-Fi. That is, my router isn't set for WEP2. Simply because it's less secure, and my father refuses to switch over. Soon, I will be buying a router purely to connect to Wi-Fi, but at the moment I am stuck regarding that.

So, I had a DS, the original, which I used for all my gaming. I own all of the Pokemon DS games(That is DPPt, HGSS, and BW). And I don't have any locals I play with, so I was coming up short with trade evolutions and such. Well my DS was getting old and such, so my solution after seeing 3DS's on sale was to buy just that. And I love it, I love it in every way.

However:

I ran into an issue when I tried to go into the Union Room to trade evolve. And I put both my character from HG (Elite 4 beaten) and from SS (No badges) and I couldn't see either one. I was like "wtf?" So I tried going into the battling section. I made one leader and the one I attempted to Join. The leader didn't show up. I made the DS's point at each other only an inch away and everything but no luck.

So my question: Are the 3DS and original DS wirelessly compatible? I'd try it with another DS if I had locals that I played with, but I don't, so ... It was only at the beginning of the Summer when I was using the wireless communication on my DS just fine. My 3DS is brand new so it should work, unless it has some sort of hardware failure in it right out of the box. So assuming that my DS is still okay and the 3DS is "brand new," the only thing I can think of is if they're not wirelessly compatible.

Has anyone else had this issue? Are there known compatibility issues? What would you recommend I do? Any advice would be much appreciated as this issue I'm having is very irritating. Yeah, I found out just before an eight hour shift. Not a great way to go in to work. To find that one of the major reasons you spent $170 on something is void.

Responses would be appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: Problem solved.
Common Sense + Manual + Internet = WIN

In case anyone else who sees this has the same problem (Before the thread is deleted) I will write down the issue.

When I was in the Union Room, I noticed the wireless button on the side of my 3DS and a little place for a light that wasn't on. I thought "Oh, I must have to switch this for it to activate Wireless." I did and with no success.

It turns out that for DS generation games, you need to flip the switch at the 3DS home PRIOR to launching the game. This should trigger the wireless functionality of the 3DS and carry over to your DS Gen game. The manual touches on this once during its many references to that wireless button/light and its meanings. It was difficult to find. So if you are experiencing the same problem I was, make sure you active the wireless BEFORE starting your DS Gen game (IE: DPPt, HGSS, and BW).

Thank you, the reason I hadn't done that before is because it's more so a complex issue rather than a "simple" thing so I felt like that thread was for one-liners. I should have looked. Thanks to you, I read it and it said trade only for threads :$. Sorry about that Smogon Staff. I will be copy-pasting my original post into a post on that topic. Please take the necessary action on this thread. Thank you, and sorry about the spam.

EDIT: Problem solved, check the bottom of my original post for the solution!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)