Big 2official2mafia - POSTGAME

Yeah stars play was laughably shit all around lol. Letting 4 members die all at once, NOT NOTICING I WAS AQUANAUT EVEN AFTER RSSP DEATH!!!!, stars just never had time to take spotlight really since by the time I successfully moled, anyone relevant was already dead lmao
you're kidding right

please don't flame vonfiedler, when he and yeti managed to create a game that was interesting and made people get involved (proof: such passionate postgame on discord), this goes a long way towards reviving smogon mafia
ye agreed, although I seriously dislike the idea of the magmas faction as a whole, I really enjoyed this game so thanks to von/yeti for hosting it!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Zzz wish LW and acid hadn't decided to go on Stars so hard early but it's w.e, it created a dynamic where it made sense to ally with the wolves since I had lost the most people and needed to catch up but then lmao mass janitor seemsgood

Wish Texas had gotten to play longer and wish that LN/Darnell hadn't been bads who refused to claim to me while they were getting lynched zzz

Also not sure why the Stars lynched Aquanauts that last day, did Haruno seriously mole lmao I had him down as 'Aquanaut?' on our sheet when I died since he was pretty obviously not Star what with his actions etc. making no sense and refusing to claim alias

Idk in a multifaction someone always gets wrecked early on and there's not a ton to do about it but like why would rest of Stars go along with lynching Electros (a faction we can win with) over lynching Aquanauts? To be fair I would have never lynched the wolves because their existence made sense numbers-wise and I didn't think Stars would have more than the other villages/there would be four spots unaccounted for

Also can someone tell me: did anyone win with the Magmas? I see rage from all possible partners with them and I don't see an endgame post so ???

UncleSam

Leading this village
Also Drawesome claiming his alias to me was super ballsy gj on that no way I was ever letting him die after he did haha I was pretty sure he was legit Stars even though his role claim was bad (negative vote mayor)

Also gg all good play by the Magmas though I kinda wish there had been some sort of flavor clue with the wolves (like force them to be magma-themed or something) since the reveal of the Magmas was a bit luck-based imo. They played the best though and definitely deserved the win so I'm glad the best team won at least

Also please if you're part of a non-unified faction in a game like this failing to claim alias really just wrecks your team so hard, just don't refuse to claim alias regardless of whatever nonsense trolling people throw out because we had no chance as a result of it guys X_X

Zzz wish LW and acid hadn't decided to go on Stars so hard early but it's w.e, it created a dynamic where it made sense to ally with the wolves since I had lost the most people and needed to catch up but then lmao mass janitor seemsgood

Wish Texas had gotten to play longer and wish that LN/Darnell hadn't been bads who refused to claim to me while they were getting lynched zzz

Also not sure why the Stars lynched Aquanauts that last day, did Haruno seriously mole lmao I had him down as 'Aquanaut?' on our sheet when I died since he was pretty obviously not Star what with his actions etc. making no sense and refusing to claim alias

Idk in a multifaction someone always gets wrecked early on and there's not a ton to do about it but like why would rest of Stars go along with lynching Electros (a faction we can win with) over lynching Aquanauts? To be fair I would have never lynched the wolves because their existence made sense numbers-wise and I didn't think Stars would have more than the other villages/there would be four spots unaccounted for

Also can someone tell me: did anyone win with the Magmas? I see rage from all possible partners with them and I don't see an endgame post so ???
no allies with magmas even though muds really shoulda zzz

also stars was confirmed to have more than other villages in game op but numbers still made sense

magmas made the electros massacre happen and at the time muds felt like they were in a good spot so they lynched the faction we thought had a kill

I never attacked stars until the very end when I thought we would win with magmas lmao

UncleSam

Leading this village
Oh they took that greed solo win huh

Probs not a smart play in the long haul but hey sometimes you gotta pull a TOYS and keep those banners to yourself

It was magmas and aquas who were killing u guys not sands+muds

Probs not a smart play in the long haul but hey sometimes you gotta pull a TOYS and keep those banners to yourself
It started out as "we don't want any other faction to be big enough to fuck us over" but then it turned out we could win solo since none of us died lol

Also gg all good play by the Magmas though I kinda wish there had been some sort of flavor clue with the wolves (like force them to be magma-themed or something) since the reveal of the Magmas was a bit luck-based imo. They played the best though and definitely deserved the win so I'm glad the best team won at least
The "flavor cue" is that all the wolves had wolf in the name, which is probably the most obtuse sign something was up that I wouldn't have been able to get without a third inspect

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also Drawesome claiming his alias to me was super ballsy gj on that no way I was ever letting him die after he did haha I was pretty sure he was legit Stars even though his role claim was bad (negative vote mayor)

Also please if you're part of a non-unified faction in a game like this failing to claim alias really just wrecks your team so hard, just don't refuse to claim alias regardless of whatever nonsense trolling people throw out because we had no chance as a result of it guys X_X
couple things

we had a thread put up this cycle about voting on who we want to win with. von said no pity wins, which i agree with fwiw.

drawesome claiming was good. later i told fh he was not a mole as an anon and further plowed it in.

stars lynched aquanauts because on an an alias, without claiming, i convinced fh that he was better off lynching chekov. i felt i lied well and dont think fh is dumb, but it was pretty fucking hilarious. at one point i was having a convo with him on both josh as sands leader and anon Hh, and he was relaying what Josh said to Hh... lol. i actually inteded to win with stars personally before they started lynching spock. when they stopped listneing to me, even for a second, that was it for me. we had numbers without that anyways though, magmas + muds outvoted stars + sands + aquas.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Well idk how you lied to him Josh but it's kind of silly to lynch someone you can win with over someone you can't, not sure what else was going on obviously but lynching Electros and then later Aquas was an odd choice to say the least

UncleSam

Leading this village
It was magmas and aquas who were killing u guys not sands+muds
Ya I know based on flavor but it made no sense for the wolves to purposefully kill Stars so I believed Agape for the first cycle when he claimed to have been redirected, my belief was that it was Aquanauts + Sands + redirected wolf kill but obviously I wasn't aware of the Magmas existence and so had no way of thinking it made any sense for the wolves to target me at that point in time. Not sure why you targeted me either but I mean I guess from a macro standpoint it made some sense, lynch faction is probably the toughest to deal with lategame for a united mafia group

Anyway I do think there should've been better hints at the Magmas but tbqh I wasn't active enough to pick up on subtle stuff and wasn't paying a super amount of attention even when I was alive so it probably would've just been wasted on me anyway lmao

Feel bad for shade and the Electros though they did good no clue why people offed them first

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Magmas were 6/15 members left in cycle 11. They had no chance of losing LOOOOL.

And yeah fh + oddish listened to me telling them that you were mole and thought they were being smart when they told me to kidnap quark > you the cycle you died. Then proceeded a series of hilarious events and 4/7 stars being miles and no one knowing. The lynch on me was solely because they didn't want twin to get banner again and stroke his epeen over them since if they went with agape lynch they might have not lost as opposed to total stomp

UncleSam

Leading this village
No Haruno I meant you win more friends for future game allies by letting people who can win with you win I don't doubt it had no impact on whether or not they won this particular game

Also jesus did FH and Oddish seriously believe I was a mole after I gave them my spreadsheet X_X

Sigh...

First off, thank you Yeti and vonFiedler for hosting!

This was my first multifaction game, and it shows. I spent most of it unsure and confused. After Sam's death, me and FH tried to rally what we thought were the remaining stars together and make a gameplan, but we obviously didn't really know what we were doing. In hindsight, there are a lot of things I should have noticed and acted on, but didn't. Some examples include the kill flavor and Walrein's role. Live and learn, I suppose. I apologize to stars, I'm sorry we weren't able to carry the team.

Stars loss sucks, but oh well. Congratulations to the magmas for the win. I don't feel like tagging all of you lol. You guys deserve it, you all played well. :)

Former Hope I had a lot of fun working with you. We tried our best. We definitely made mistakes, but I think working out things with you (well, attempting to) was a great experience. Same goes to you, Haruno. Fwiw, I really did enjoy talking to you and FH in the batcave.

In terms of balance, I do think magmas were a bit op. Electros were also pretty much screwed from the get-go. They were dealt a bad hand, but they did their best with what they got.

All in all, I had fun! I feel I should've maybe gotten a bit more mafia experience before joining, but I am glad I got to be a part of this. That's really all I could ask for in a game of mafia. So while I apologize to stars for messing up, I'm not really as upset as I should be.

GG to all. :D

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I still want an explanation for the why Magmas wiped out the Electros first aka the downright easiest team for them to win with and help them win. Brain damaged team. Like I actually think the Magmas are idiots based off that.

I did hint the Magmas were a thing by making the banner text their signature color of RED. It was the Electros I completely left out.

Honestly I don't think this game was very well designed. I suspected all of its problems would happen before it began but I was the cohost and just generally couldn't give enough of a rip to take the time to go over it properly. I feel like I've put more double-checking into my standards FailFish so I think criticisms of the design are valid and apologize for letting the Electros through with 0 gd chance but von was the one who conceptualized it and I didn't want to be too pushy on 'his game' and also was lazy idk. I'm prob gonna do the same in w/e tf Bradierest game I'm cohosting with Sam I want to design MY OWN game again 8( and also finish my thesis crap so I can not stress again.

I hope people enjoyed the game as much as they could've and apologize for not really being into it. Discord sucks and is a pointless split of the community. Stop. Trying. To. Use. Random. Chat. Clients. Just hub in #circus on IRC zzzzzzzzzzzz I tuned out after I saw that lol

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
No Haruno I meant you win more friends for future game allies by letting people who can win with you win I don't doubt it had no impact on whether or not they won this particular game

Also jesus did FH and Oddish seriously believe I was a mole after I gave them my spreadsheet X_X

Sigh...
I got spreadsheet immediately after you died lol. And yeah they did. And well I learned me + twin is OTP. Make me and him wolves next official

discord chat tldr:

everyone who isn't magmas: magma veil is fucking stupid and how were magmas expected to lose

magmas: no it isn't what are you talking about it doesn't matter that 100% of players didn't notice and that the numbers made sense either way until very late game (except for atars probably but this is the least of stars fucking up)

discord chat tldr:

everyone who isn't magmas: magma veil is fucking stupid and how were magmas expected to lose

magmas: no it isn't what are you talking about it doesn't matter that 100% of players didn't notice and that the numbers made sense either way until very late game (except for atars probably but this is the least of stars fucking up)

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
When all villages get in desperation they can win as a United village
this literally completely ruined LoL Mafia to the point that I don't think it can even be considered an actual game of mafia so I was never ever going to let such nonsense happen

Desperation was mainly to try and help a team who got destroyed early and also let the Electros win but I didn't put enough time into the game design zzz sorry

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would've voted to win with a faction if I felt any played well enough to deserve it :s

But either way von rejected it so it didn't matter

Funny things itg include a stars getting lynched, a wolf getting resd (no magma influence mind you), a faction being incapable of winning, a faction having unrestricted lie generator and wasting it (that one is on us), etc.

Yeti, it was agape tunnelling electros, but the thing is, the ? Wincon scared us. We thought it was something to do with our faction. Also, a lot of yhe electro kills were just rands.

I still did really enjoy this game and ty hosts, it at least convinced me to sign up for future ocs even tho I prefer nocs.

I still want an explanation for the why Magmas wiped out the Electros first aka the downright easiest team for them to win with and help them win. Brain damaged team. Like I actually think the Magmas are idiots based off that.
All we cared about at that point (or at least me) were consensus lynches that weren't us and everyone else seemed to be going for it. Almost every other faction could also help us win in the end and the longer we lynched electros the more randos we got to kill to skew the numbers in our favor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)