Monotype 2023 Monotype Fall Seasonal - Round 7 (Losers only) (POST-DLC META)

1691438034523 (1) (2) (1).png

Banner by Ticken

Welcome to the eighth cycle of the Monotype Seasonals! This is the second of two tournaments of the Monotype Seasonal 2023 circuit, meaning wins in this tournament WILL count towards the Monotype Ribbon.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard SV Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be DOUBLE Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • As this is the first Circuit for Scarlet & Violet Monotype, to encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded and posted starting in Round 1. If neither player posts replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  • Terastal Clause: Prevents Pokémon from Terastallizing
  1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
  • If you do not know how to schedule, make sure to check out the official guide!
  • Please use VM's to schedule with your opponent, as it makes it easier for me to track activity calls when needed.
Matchups

Losers Bracket

Leafium Z  vs  TheRealBigC
TheArchitect_  vs  Jojo8868
Bouki  vs  Havens
Scarfire  vs  ArkenCiel
Floss  vs  Batzi
Swiffix  vs  Bluxio
Chaitanya  vs  DugZa
lolebruh  vs  autumn

Deadline is Sunday 24th, 12.59PM GMT -4

Last edited by a moderator:

sapphiree

formerly silver grace
Predicts: (requested by a friend lol)

Leafium Z vs TheRealBigC - 45/55 He's more active in sv and is constantly building, with the new dlc drops he's gonna cook
TheArchitect_ vs Jojo8868 - 60/40 Same as above his name is literally the architect
Bouki vs Havens - 60/40 Bouki's having a good run
Scarfire vs ArkenCiel - 55/45 Scarfire beat some v significant players so their skill ceiling is relatively higher imo
Floss vs Batzi - 65/35 - more experience w the tier
Swiffix vs Bluxio - 40/60 - bluxio has more playing experience than swiffix i think

Chaitanya vs DugZa - 45/55 -dugza is creative in the builder i saw him beat cielau with mono normal pre-dlc and that created an impression
lolebruh vs autumn - 55/45 - honestly could be anyone's game going w gut

Last edited:
Better predicts: (wasn't requested) [2-6 LOL]
Leafium Z vs TheRealBigC - 55/45 Vibes. [INCORRECT]
TheArchitect_ vs Jojo8868 - 70/40 He's fucking cracked. My win record against jojo is better than my win record against Arch on ladder and that is the main way that I measureother people's skill level. [INCORRECT]
Bouki vs Havens - 60/40 Bouki's having a good run [INCORRECT]
Scarfire vs ArkenCiel - 60/50 Sorry, Arken, I just think Scart has more sauce in the veins as of late. [CORRECT]
Floss vs Batzi - 55/45 -Despite what happened last week, I'll put a benjamin on Floss getting the W [CORRECT]
Swiffix vs Bluxio - 51/49 - Bluxio was defeated by finn last week. Surely they cannot recover from that. Swiffix also tends to beat me in room tours and such [INCORRECT]
Chaitanya vs DugZa - 40/60 - Good luck unbanning booster energy, goofy. [INCORRECT]
lolebruh vs autumn - 45/55 -No idea who either of these people are. Lolebruh picked ice last round though so I ain't predicting them. [INCORRECT]

Last edited:
Even more accurate predicts: (requested by an audience)

Leafium Z vs TheRealBigC
TheArchitect_ vs Jojo8868 - 45/55 - Architect builds better, Jojo clicks better, I think he will pull it of
Bouki vs Havens - 55/45 - Bouki's having a good run
Scarfire vs ArkenCiel - 55/45 - Not going to talk shit on Scarfire coz he had tough competition till now and mopped them, Arken gotta be super careful
Floss vs Batzi - 70/30 - idk who Batzi is :(
Swiffix vs Bluxio - 55/45 - Vibes
Chaitanya vs DugZa - 45/55 - the less washed of the washed shall win
lolebruh vs autumn - 49/51 - I also don't know who these people are :( so I tossed a coin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)