2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Luke Shaw never stay fit lol. Reports said that he got injured again and he missed most of last season through injury.
At this pace, he might end up as Wilshire.

Speaking of which, wasn't it said somewhere that unless the English teams perform well in European competition, then one of their CL places will be given to the Italian League (which means only Top 3 will qualify for UCL)? Can anyone elaborate on that rule?

English teams have to get dumped out of the group stages and Italian teams have to basically all get to the semis for them to gain a CL place. Realistically it will take another two seasons if current trends continue.

Also lol @ Chelsea. And it's good to have CL back!

"Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player himself). It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury . . . If the action is made with obvious risk of injury, the referee should caution the player. If a player denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity by playing in a dangerous manner, the referee should send off the player." (See FIFA Interpretation of Law 12 on Fouls and Misconduct.)

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

das it mane

i can't wait to watch PSV and that cunt moreno at old trafford

doesn't matter. can be a foul if the ref deems the challenge was reckless or used excessive force.
if anyone watched it in real time, it looked like a normal challenge. I didnt see much until multiple replays and you can see moreno's reaction afterwards of almost a shock on his face. It seemed more like a freak accident than an intentional foul

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
Very proud of Ghent who held Lyon to a 1-1 draw in their first ever CL game despite playing the entire second half with 10 players. In the end they were even reduced to 9 but fortunately Sels saved the subsequent penalty.

If it had been 11 v 11 all the way, I'm sure they would have won because they were far and away the better team up until the red card, but this feels like a victory after that second half.

So can we all stop pretending that england has good teams or develops talent now? Or do we need another firm reminder that england isn't as good as they say they are?

Arsenal far too complacent yet again, it happens time and again. Also everytime I watch Ozil I get the sense that he hates playing with Giroud - rolling his eyes and throwing his hands up mainly because Giroud is shit and the ball bounces off him everytime, but also because Ozil is lazy as fuck. He keeps trying to do these soft flicks and backheels out in the middle of nowhere and looks around to blame other people when it doesn't go his way. There was one moment where he was clean through and instead of taking the ball he back heels it and no one was there. Wtf is wrong with him?? And another time where he was clean through again and he just pokes at the ball and the keeper practically picks it up with one hand.

Sanchez looks tired and just doesn't run around madly anymore, which was most of what made him so good. He just seems to lack the energy and it might be because he had 2 years with no rest followed by a massive month off over the summer. He doesn't look fit. I just can't believe how sloppy Giroud, Ozil, Arteta and Debuchy were.

Ozil is pure class but he needs a world class striker or else he's complete deadweight because he won't bother. Even if Wenger just plays Walcott up front from now it would be much better because Ozil actually half likes playing with him. Giroud should be Plan B and I've been saying this for a long time.

Maybe Ozil just isn't as good as everyone thinks anymore and has regressed. Sure he was an absolute prodigy at Schalke and Werder Bremen.

But since the move from Bremen he built a reputation based on playing among the likes of Alonso, Ronaldo, Benzema, Muller etc and the best national team in the world (for which he is usually doesn't standout for anymore). Peter Crouch or someone like that could look like a world beater in that company.

As soon as he hit a half season in at Arsenal and had to play teams better then Sunderland he hasn't performed.

Would David Silva, Aguero even a lazy fucker like Toure keep playing quality and still be considering arguably the best player in the league if they went to Arsenal or say even West Ham? I would go with Yes. Ozil hasn't ever given me that impression and a player as hyped as him should.

At this point I am not convinced that if you bring in a forward that supposedly suits him for example Lacazette, Ozil then suddenly shows he is world class or won't go missing in games.

He isn't better then Cazorla, I'd make a case he isn't even as good as Ramsey anymore as far as Arsenal midfielders go.

Last edited:
Imo, Ozil has regressed since he joined Arsenal. Most of the times he looks lost and disinterested. In the Arsenal games that he played, he disappears very often and he only shows himself when the team is winning and is not willing to get "stuck in". Still shows flashes of quality but it was not often enough. Younger CAM like Coutinho is more willing to work hard for the team and imo is now very near him in terms of ability.

Last edited:
Ozil cant excel if everyone is just standing around passing side to side..

Anyways..

Fuck Arsenal, I want to kill myself, the entire club and demeanor infuriates me to no end.

See you later.

Ozil cant excel if everyone is just standing around passing side to side..

Anyways..

Fuck Arsenal, I want to kill myself, the entire club and demeanor infuriates me to no end.

See you later.
You could still do worse you know; like Rodgers' Liverpool. I'm not even hyped up for the games now. He also severely underestimates the Europa League, which is stupid considering the fact that his track record in Europe is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)