2013 Music

I was really disappointed with Daft Punk's RAM. It's been so long since a new classic daft punk house tune for me to jam out to, and I really like Get lucky even though it doesn't sound too much like their old tunes. I expected something like the classic tunes they made to be revealed at the release and found a bunch of easygoing jazz tunes instead. I know they said it was a bit of an experimental album, but it really wasn't what I expected.
I agree. I was expecting songs on par with "One More Time" and "Around the World" but I was disappointed with average songs. Too overhyped with high expectations.

wait wait wait...
there was good music on the radio this year?! wasnt call me maybe released last year?
i guess radio might have learned its lesson after all...

and yeah, i was kind of dissapointed by get lucky like alot of others. i just feel it doesnt have that same, hyped up-calm techno feel that daft punk had with around the world, one more time, and harder better faster stronger.
those songs always felt somewhat timeless to me, in a nostalgia boner way, and get lucky just, almost made the cut, but not quite.
and i was not aware that sabbeth (as in, BLACK SABBETH? im honestly not sure) had a new song.

also, wooooooo..... three hundred posts.....
woo...

[youtube]geSScmBWBtE[/youtube]

ellie is perfect.
I realized I never really thanked you for posting this, it's a great cover indeed. I didn't know the original, which is great too, but as you said, Ellie is perfect, so this cover is probably better than the original. Xaphoon Jones is a great producer.

Yeezus = yet another pretty great Kanye album. Obviously haven't listened to it a huge number of times yet, but currently I'd only rank it behind Late Registration and MBDTF. Bound 2 is superb, lovely little throwback to the Late Registration days

Anyone who likes summer jams and Acid Jazz should check out the Brand New Heavies new album, especially the single Sunlight

So August Burns Red's new album leaked a couple of day ago and holy crap is good. It's definitely my favorite metal/metalcore album so far this year.

First song:
[youtube]aKD8SKddWEs[/youtube]

Though I highly suggest listening to the rest of the album.

Haven't posted here for ages lol

letlive.'s new album is streaming on yt song for song, or as a whole here. I think it's pretty damn cool, Virgin Dirt has to be my favorite song atm. If you don't know them yet, definitely check out their previous album "Fake History"... It may not be everyone's kind of music, but if you're into stuff like Touché Amoré etc, I think you'll dig it. Speaking of Touché Amoré, they have something coming out later this year, as well.

Last year was kinda disappointing imo, 2013 is a big year for Rock music, tough! And I'm so happy about this =)=)

I've actually been listening to this year's Volbeat album recently, and I gotta say I was and still am very, very happy with it. It's just a good album; all the songs are easy to listen, unique, and have that fantastic sound Volbeat's known for. Great album, definitely need to pick this up if you're a fan.

it took me far too long to find this thread again.:confused:

again, this is in the order that i heard them, not in the order that i like them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)