2012 VGCS Winter Battle - Biosci wins!

I have been waiting for a battle for 20+ min to find a battle and I am sitting right beside the wifi connector :(

You should disconnect from Wi-Fi and reconnect if that happens, sometimes it bugs out. It should never take longer than 2 minutes or so, if it does just leave and re-enter the tournament thing.

thanks its working now. I am really really tired of scizor, metagross, and cresselia
No kidding. They're on everyone's team, and I have issues with Cresselia. :/ Plus the highly rated don't seem to want to lose to my rather odd trick room team (They DC on loss, when I managed to beat them).

I have none of those on mine ^_^, I'd add Latios and Thundrus to that list.

-S

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
here was my battle with hozu starting at 32:00 to 40:50 if anyone wanted to see it. in fact, i battle with enfeugo right after it for another good game. http://www.twitch.tv/atlasstudios/b/348346683

ive been streaming all my matches so if i have faced me gimme a shout out with your name and ill sift through so you can watch it whenever~

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
thanks its working now. I am really really tired of scizor, metagross, and cresselia
Volcarona and Heatran manhandle all three, I mean they are extremely common threats that you should have prepared for. If you mean in general you're sick of seeing the same things, then I'm inclined to agree with you, the meta has been somewhat centralized for quite awhile.

As for me, I still haven't even made a team yet let alone battled anyone since I'd rather play WoW than fight hackers and DCers but it seems like most people are having fun so far so I'll join in soon

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
probably hanging around 1675 right now.

Archive should be available on my twitch.

Surprisingly low disconnects for me tbh. Only 1 real dc and the rest was either T1 or pre-trainer card.

if theres one thing I learned.

ALL HAIL THE SEISMITOAD :D

Just fought (heartsymbol)Zog(Hearsymbol) GG if you're on smogon, and I wish my landorus out-sped in the end, I was going to end with Normal Gem Landorus explosion.

GG to the Issac with the 1888 rating. Tough luck about the hax at the very end :/. You're certainly are good enough to win this :)

Just out of curiosity: how long do you guys spend on this? So far, I've played for a combined six hours. Considering that each match takes about 10-15 mins, and usually 5-11 for me to connect to an opponent...I've only had 27 battles (including the 4 sore losers who DC'd). I feel like this one is going in slow motion...

Well, I'm going to swallow my pride and lay down my record: 1620ish, 17W-6L-4DC. 4 of those losses were deserved...I was outplayed by great opponents (OTs goatee** and TRISTA get special mention), and the other two were impossibly silly hax (an Ice Beam freeze that lasts the whole five turns? Hypnosis never missing? bullshit).
I'm turning in for the night because I have to study for tests Mon and Tue. Also because of demotivation.

My thoughts;
- Why is finding opponents so damn slow this time? Reading this thread I know I'm not the only one that thinks this, and I got like a 4-bar Wi-Fi strength.
- You get battle points out of this? Man this is so much better than grinding against mindless CPUs.
- I started last night, a good 24 hrs behind most, and progress is slow. I'm not getting any Championship Points this time out. Not entirely bummed, though, because there will be more chances for that in the future.
- My luck is shit today. Regardless of whether I ultimately win the match or not, I'm bombarded by critical hits. At least one per battle, and in two of them I got hit with back-to-back crits. Speaking of which, this battle vid has pretty good entertainment value. This guy was about 100 points higher than me when I was in the late 1500s, pretty edgy match:

44-30008-76316

Check it out on the VS. Player. Actually kinda cool

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
There you are. Sorry about that Boss. You know pokemon.

I was just about to ask myself how this person got to the upper 1800s with this standard rain team.

And then they DC'd. Question answered.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Lost to someone at 1515 because of a Swagger miss, there goes my rating -_-
And another one because I underestimated them and didn't take the first couple turns seriously. That one was my fault, though.

I feel like it's starting to get to that point where the only opponents you can find are those around the 1500s and early 1600s. Anyone here have a guestimate on how many points will be needed to make the Top 128?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Just KO'd a Garchomp with Murkrow, I love Mirror Move so much.

Slowly working my way back up after those two horrendous losses earlier today, 33-11 @ 1625.

...A bad day w/ losses, but a good night for me w/ wins!

Beat a trainer named MSnakey who had a 1700+ rating...

...Still in the hunt for at least some CP, w/ my rating now at 1642...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)