2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, whatever man. I didn't ask you to agree with me. I just don't think he's "the greatest coach in football history" and as far as I'm concerned he's only a Manchester United Legend. And I don't consider working for 27 years to be that big of a deal. He wouldn't even be retiring now if his nemesis wasn't returning to the Premier League next season.
"Would I relish Mourinho coming back? Yes. Absolutely. It will get me angry again," - Sir Alex Ferguson in 2013

funniest thing i saw today was that coral had 1000/1 odds on howard webb being next man u manager

first thatcher then fergie, its like a dream

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
He earlier admitted to the media that he is worried about Mourinho's potential arrival which is almost certain now. Ferguson decided that it would be better to retire at the end of this season after winning yet another title because it will be hard for him to replicate this next season which Chelsea's planned expenditure and Mourinho's impending arrival. You can call me deluded and stay in denial Kinneas if it makes you feel better, I don't care. And Napoli aren't anything less than a joke; Cavani will leave after this season and even if he doesn't, Napoli are not going to beat Juventus to the title for the next couple of seasons and they're obviously not going to win the CL so the only silverware you have to look forward to is the Coppa Italia.
joke of a club =/= not winning. joke of a club is the stunts chelsea pull and their shitty fanbase.

"WOW FUCK U ABRAMOVICH U WONT BUY US FALCAO WHEN HE ONLY 60M WORST OWNER JESUS"

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Hilarious Rey.......no wonder Napoli are shit. You fans believe in blindly supporting the club owner's decisions no matter how dumb. It would be stupid not to sign Falcao if you have the resources to do so. Shitty fanbase? I guess you've ran out of insults.

Hbk, all you are doing now is embarrassing yourself.

Ferguson is one of the best managers in history. In particular his man-managing is out of this world.
Who ever replaces him will have a huge hole to fill.

HBK

I never said that he wasn't good. He is definitely one of the best managers in the world. I just don't think he's the best.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It would be stupid not to sign Falcao if you have the resources to do so.
I wonder if you would have said the same about Torres in his prime...?

I find this kind of mentality so hard to understand. Do you honestly think its a good idea to blow that much money on a single player, regardless of previous evidence showing it's just a massive gamble (Torres, Shevchenko), especially when that player hasn't even played in the Premier League? Should have signed Freddy Adu back when he was 14, every player who gets hyped as the next Ronaldo / Messi is worth blowing your load over right?

HBK

Yes, I would have said the same about Torres (especially if we desperately required reinforcements in attack like we do now) but he is an exception, no player declines so drastically. And Falcao is way better than Torres or Shevchenko ever were in their prime. He has scored more goals than they could ever dream to. He has been successful wherever he has played. Players like him don't disappoint.

Yes, I would have said the same about Torres (especially if we desperately required reinforcements in attack like we do now) but he is an exception, no player declines so drastically. And Falcao is way better than Torres or Shevchenko ever were in their prime. He has scored more goals than they could ever dream to. He has been successful wherever he has played. Players like him don't disappoint.
Not sure about torres, but come on Shevchenko was THE striker at Milan. Falcao atm could only dream about matching his achievements for both club and country.

Sorry for putting you under the bus but statements like these need to stop.

Protip about reyscarface, he's from mexico he doesn't own a TV he doesn't watch football. He supports Napoli and Dortmund (Go Figure). Totally not a glory hunter, a guy who's supported napoli since the maradona days.

2-2 is what I hoped for. Yay Draw.

Hate when things are close, standing wise.

I can't see Spurs failing to Stoke and Sunderland. Arsenal really can't fuck up.

Newcastle will do us in. I just know it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)