2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who feels bad for david beckham??

:/
depends whether you think leaving him out of the squad was the right thing to do or not (clue: it was)

also gareth bale out of the olympics with a 'recurring injury', lol - who didn't see that one coming

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
depends whether you think leaving him out of the squad was the right thing to do or not (clue: it was)

also gareth bale out of the olympics with a 'recurring injury', lol - who didn't see that one coming
Indeed lol.

Anyway, for tonight's game I reckon Spain will win if they sacrifice Busquets or Alonso to shadow Pirlo all game. If not, then it could go either way.

I'll go for Spain 2-1.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Amazing how quick we go from underestimating Italy to overestimating them. In terms of getting results, this Spain team is the best I've ever seen, possibly the best team ever. They're gonna snuff the Italians out.

Game time! Italy has turned it on as of late, but I gotta go with Spain. They're on a historic run and their defense won't be as shoddy as Germany. They'll put away an early chance and hold on 2-1.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Spain get the early goal again and will probably keep the ball more than Italy. They've managed to keep Pirlo quiet and Italy aren't really creating.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Never any doubt.

If italy are looking for hope, Cassilas has looked very unreliable - lots of parries and punches but not too many reassuring saves - just start cracking it at him and see what happens.

Viva España!!!

Spain was strong the whole match, and they managed to score an impressive four goals.

Let's do it again on brazil!

I hope we can all agree that Spain is the best team in the world at this very moment. Italy isn't bad by itself, but beating them in a 4-0 final game takes it to a whole new level.

And Torres wins the golden boot!
Wait... WTF. How did that happen?

But on a serious note, I believe that we are watching the greatest team of all time. Now I'm just waiting for Brazil 2014 so Spain can make it four in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)