2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
inb4 losing vs germany, portugal winning vs denmark, and then netherlands winning with big numbers vs portugal and denmark losing from germany sunday

germany 9
netherlands 3
denmark 3
portugal 3
:justin2:

tbh Di Matteo did what any manager would have done in this situation: give authority back to the old guard, let them play the way they did best: the Mourinho way, etc. It was bound to get some good short term results.

The real challenge comes with actually stamping his authority on the team. Can he do what AVB failed and phase out Terry, Lampard, etc while building his own squad? Obviously it looks like he's off to a nice start with Hazard (although I do wonder how much input he had in it considering he doesn't even have the job yet), but does he have the chops to manage them?

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Man U have signed Nick Powell.

Can't say that this is a surprise really, Fergie was always gonna offer the most for him (apart from Man City, but, what talent have Man City produced in the last 5 years?).

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Man U have signed Nick Powell.

Can't say that this is a surprise really, Fergie was always gonna offer the most for him (apart from Man City, but, what talent have Man City produced in the last 5 years?).
Why bring this up? Nick Powell isn't some 11yr old kid that United are going to mold and build into a lethal player..

Or if you sign a player 18-20, you can just claim to say they came from your youth system?

Any predictions for tonight's European Championship matches? I'm expecting Portugal to beat Denmark by one point (whether that is a 1-0, 2-1, or whatever), and I'm expecting Germany to beat the Netherlands too. If, for some reason, the Dutch team starts playing well together, and makes use of those chances they get, they may just beat Germany.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why bring this up? Nick Powell isn't some 11yr old kid that United are going to mold and build into a lethal player..

Or if you sign a player 18-20, you can just claim to say they came from your youth system?
While I agree, it's also true that some teams and managers can develop players at this age better than others. Maybe Cristiano Ronaldo wouldn't have hit the heights he has if it wasn't for everything Manchester United gave him.

Missing Holland vs Germany tonight for work which sucks... But I've got Friday off so I can see the England game at least.

£63 wtf.

didn't fergie sign in january from citys youth system? shows much they care anyway.
powell is good, but he wont see premier league football this season, he will be on loan somehwere.

Any predictions for tonight's European Championship matches? I'm expecting Portugal to beat Denmark by one point (whether that is a 1-0, 2-1, or whatever), and I'm expecting Germany to beat the Netherlands too. If, for some reason, the Dutch team starts playing well together, and makes use of those chances they get, they may just beat Germany.
Well, we got a 2-1 score at the half so far haha

I was banking on Germany and Holland breaking out of the group stage, but after that loss to Denmark, Holland's now one big question mark. Only way they'll beat Germany is by four big-ass miracles from God, Cthulu, etc., and Portugal is another tough opponent.

I'm saying Germany will win today, but I'm not sure about this match. I'll go with Portugal, though.

podlolski is lahme
mario go madz
mesut Ösilly
sebastian swinefucker

DIE MANNSCHAFT SOLL SCHEITERN

(predicting 2-1)

portugal will win 4-2

How -and I repeat- HOW did Cristiano miss that? I mean is he blind?
He had a perfect, flawless chance to score. And he wants the Golden Boots.

Can't say Holland - Germany was a good match. Germany didn't play that great, but the Dutch defense was so shit that it didn't even matter. I'm honestly surprised it didn't end up as a 3-1 or 4-1.

The Netherlands can still make the quarter finals if Germany beats Denmark, and the Netherlands beats Portugal by at least two points. I don't see that happen lol

here goes to two goal difference

btw, i'd really like to see the following formation (though i know it won't happen):

-----------------------Huntelaar------------------------
----------------------Van Persie------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------Robben--------
---------De Jong--Sneijder--Van Der Vaart---------------
--Schaars------Mathijssen---Heitinga------Van der Wiel--
---------------------Stekelenburg-----------------------

looks kinda weird, so i'll explain. huntelaar is the deep forward, main scorer, van persie is shadow striker (idk if that's the correct english word). robben as a right wing messes up defenses and passes to huntelaar / van persie. van der vaart/sneijder/de jong are on the same line here but they plit differently. de jong is more defensive and helps if schaars isn't there mainly, but also in general stops stuff before defense has to do it, sneijder is more offensive as always and is the playmaker of the team, van der vaart is more supporting here. mathijsen/heitinga are obvious, van der wiel is more defensively inclined here because robben and vdv do most of the work there but he can help. schaars is leftback but is very offensively inclined (for a back) and can go all to the other side of the field and give an assist, so he kinda also does the job of a winger while nigel de jong covers defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)