2/9/22 Nintendo Direct Thread

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Will Nintendo actually let us listen to their music or will they sell NFTs? How much BoTW 2/Prime 4 copium will there be? Will they ever release a new Donkey Kong? Will Sega manage to not disgrace themselves this year? These questions might be answered soon idk

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

they're releasing the windwaker hd on steam, charizard is getting the rinnegan dojutsu then getting added to team fortress 2's McRib vs machine gamemode (please like this post xzern), and they turned phoopes' jynxes into actual japaNFTs (phoopes is already a millionaire from it)

also mario is the green one now

My predictions:
Nintendo Labo expansion pack that combines the VR Headset and the Mario Kart technologies to give you virtual segway experience that really moves you, parental discretion is advised for the fact it'll blind you to the real world you're navigating.

They'll give us what gamers really want, an expansion pack to Clubhouse Games. They will not improve the net code.

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
This was a fuckin great direct but I have very very different expectations/interests from everyone else

Front Mission remake? Oooh neat. Earthbound and Mother 1? Cool that it finally happened.

New Mario Strikers??? More Kirby stuff??? that shit was hype as hell

BUT THE LIVE A LIVE REMAKE THO? CONFIRMATION OF THE KLONOA PORTS? FUCKING RADICAL DREAMERS COMING BACK FROM THE ETHER??????????????????

Fellow retro game nerds, we're eating tonight

Pile of thoughts:

Not as excited as I could be about the new FE warriors. The first one felt pretty pale in comparison to Hyrule Warriors, and I never got attached much to any of the main 3 Houses factions. Now, if they're hiding a playable Argatha storyline, that would be exciting.

Variant copy abilities is interesting, but I'm a bit worried that the game will be light on puzzles since a lot of the ones in other games can rely pretty heavily on specific moves.

Best mario sports is back.

Would have liked a little more attention given to Advance Wars, the series needs it desperately.

I haven't been an avid Mario Kart player for a while so can't really comment on the quality of the shown tracks, but the focus on DLC over a full MK9 makes me think that the team might have another project. Or that's my interest in an ARMS 2 talking.

Hope that despite the different artstyle for the NPCs, Matt is still the final boss of NS Sports.

Mother 3 would have required a GBA library to put it into, which would have been important enough for its own slot in the presentation.

Whole lot of JRPGs. Considering I've had a spotty record with enjoying the genre, I was honestly getting a little tired by the end. Though, since Xenoblade is one of the few successes I've had, I at least have that to look forward to.

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
fire emblem fans are in shambles right now myself included. been three years almost since three houses thought this would be the time to see something of fe17, but maybe another day.

why did nintendo do nothing with mk8d for 5 years then decide to release dlc for the game lmaoooooooo better late than never ig? game still drives like shit so i dont care much, though more retros in mk8d kinda sick.

strikers and xenoblade 3 looks sick tho honestly there was a lot of good shit overall so cant really be mad

that was one of the worst directs in recent memory. 80% of the runtime was taken up by rereleases. We got news on two new games (xenoblade and strikers) which is pretty cool but wow there was really no need for a 40 min presentation.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I joked about MK8DD but in all seriousness I don’t know how exactly they can innovate further on Mariokart without it feeling like a different franchise, so it kinda makes sense.

Mariokart 9 should be a Double Dash successor though. Co-op in that game is fucking sick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)