SV OU #1 - 2145 ELO - pokeaimMD APPROVED ✅Breaking Swipe Gouging Fire

farmed by rockpon/10 gg say it back

jokes aside what a swell team. defensive gouging fire truly the best bulkarona larper of all time, ofc just like dont fight curse bpress dozo and this is free ! what is it with this pult set tho… 8/10 but 6-0’d by rockpon sorry not sorry
:ogerpon-cornerstone:

[opps anthem when using you are using this team]

Introduction:
Hello everyone, I'm here for my first post with quite the powerful team that I built myself, so please drop some reactions to commemorate this absolutely momentous occasion. This is a bulky offense team centered around defensive dragon dance :Gouging_Fire: which is honestly busted. I peaked with this team a few weeks ago when rain was just starting to take over, but it still holds strong in today's meta. Have fun with the team!

Importable:
:Gouging_Fire::Great Tusk::Slowking-Galar::Dragapult::Iron_Valiant::Kingambit:
https://pokepast.es/0524a546b789c33d

Proof of Peak:

Description + Tips:
:sv/gouging_fire:
Gouging Fire @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Atk / 128 Def / 4 SpD / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Breaking Swipe
- Dragon Dance
- Morning Sun

:Gouging_Fire: is the teams main sweeper. Breaking Swipe allows :Gouging_Fire: to turn otherwise-checks like :great_tusk: and :gliscor: into setup fodder, but its main purpose is to beat :dondozo: 1v1. Breaking Swipe has 24 pp while :dondozo:s curse only has 16. This means you can lower :dondozo:s attack to the point where it can barely damage you, while you continue to setup dragon dances in preparation for the rest of the team. You can then naturally PP Stall :dondozo:, as even if they never click sleep talk while asleep, you will still outlast them. If they do opt to click sleep talk while asleep, they will pull 5-7 curses on average, which will not be enough to boost past breaking swipe. This means their only hope is to pp stall you by switching in and out, but if you mix in flare blitzes every now and again, you will be sure to pick up KOs on the switch. I have enough speed to outrun :ogerpon-wellspring: after a dragon dance, but you could run a bit more speed to outrun min-speed :volcarona:. Flare Blitz is used over Heat Crash as it has 8 more pp and helps against mons that would otherwise wall us like tera fairy :skeledirge: :raging_bolt:. The hp loss is usually negligible thanks to our high HP stat, and the damage increase against :Ting_lu: is vital as we can force progress before getting whirlwinded out. Finally, :Gouging_fire: also acts as our defensive counter to :rillaboom::cinderace::meowscarada::weavile::ogerpon-wellspring::corviknight::samurott-hisui: and :volcarona: if it can no longer terastalize.

:sv/great_tusk:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner

:Great_Tusk: is a strong hazard-remover which helps :gouging_fire: and focus sash :dragapult: a lot. It is also our stealth rocker and main answer to :kingambit:. Though this team doesn't have a knock off user, rocks are important for chipping mons like :gliscor: and :skarmory: which will give our :gouging_fire: and :kingambit: a higher chance of sweeping. I have a lot of speed on this guy mainly for modest :raging_bolt: and adamant :dragonite:, but also for jolly :breloom: since some guy was cooking with him on the ladder.

:sv/slowking-galar:
Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 176 SpA / 32 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast/Surf/Flamethrower

:Slowking-galar: is our spdef wall. This thing checks so many guys like :volcarona::raging_bolt::enamorus::iron valiant::clefable::kyurem::zamazenta::walking wake::garganacl::darkrai: and big bad :archaludon: if you are running focus blast. You 2hko :darkrai: with sludge bomb, and it cannot 2hko you back if it's not a boosting item. I didn't use focus blast when laddering with this team, but with the rise of :archaludon: rain, it is pretty much necessary. If that guy ends up getting banned then surf or flamethrower are both great options. The 3 other moves should not be swapped out, though you can get rid of psyshock to have 2 of the 3 4th slot moves. If you do this, I recommend making :dragapult: dragon darts and replacing encore on :iron_valiant: with psyshock.

:sv/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Focus Sash
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

This :dragapult: set is demonic. Double status is so hard for a lot of teams to deal with, and a lot of the times this thing can get a kill while statusing half their team before dying. This is a great help to a bulky offense team since there are too many threats in the tier to all be covered sufficiently. Just throw this out on whatever you cannot cover, and you will probably be fine. It should be noted that though :dragapult: is holding a focus sash, that DOES NOT MEAN you have to lead with it. I have seen a lot of people piloting this team brainlessly leading :dragapult: which hurts me a lot. That's not to say you shouldn't lead it - a lot of the times it will be your best lead, but please just think before leading.

:sv/Iron_valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Encore

This is a pretty standard :iron_valiant: set. Having encore lets us temporarily deal with certain mons like :garganacl::kingambit::volcarona::zamazenta:. Being a fast fairy type, you can revenge a lot of fast dragon and fighting types. Tera ghost boosts shadow ball's damage output, and blocks extreme speed from :dragonite:. If you are building your own bulky offense squad, I would highly recommend trying booster :iron_valiant:, as it covers so many threats, and consuming your booster energy won't be much of an issue since your games will be shorter than if you were using balance.

:sv/kingambit:
Kingambit @ Air Balloon
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

There isn't much explaining to do for :kingambit:. We know all to well what this thing is capable of. This is a future sight-sponge and a great late game win-con that benefits from :gouging_fire:'s ability to 1v1 :dondozo:. We are unfortunately forced to run tera flying-air balloon which is so stupid, but this team has no flying type. Tera ghost is an alternative if tera flying air balloon hurts your eyes too much, but I don't like ghost since there is no knock on this team, so you will still lose to :skarmory:. Tera flying-air balloon also helps the early/mid game :roaring_moon: matchup, as this team otherwise has very little counterplay to that guy.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2041679456?p2 Hitting 2145 ELO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2040039597?p2 Gouging Fire Sweeping Balance
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2037757741?p2 vs Pressure Stall (pult and gouging put in overtime)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2039961277?p2 Funny Hypno Val Abuse Vs Ojama

Shout Outs:
Storm Zone - I based this team off of his Specs Kyurem Bulky Offense.
2020 idm boomer & Mamoo - I used their BOOF PACK RMT as a template for this post.
Savouras, mencemeat & aim for using this team live - Sav Jam Aim
pokemon showdown

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Great team, I was wondering what the seemingly weird EV spreads were for on some mons (great tusk, slowking, gouging fire)
Gouging Fire has eough speed to outspeed :ogrepon-wellspring: with everything else in Bulk and 72 in atk
Slowking Evs are too have a lot of bulk as well as SpA investment to hit hard, example: "You 2hko :darkrai: with sludge bomb, and it cannot 2hko you back if it's not a boosting item."
Tusk I think has Def for sucker punches for :kingambit:

Great team, I was wondering what the seemingly weird EV spreads were for on some mons (great tusk, slowking, gouging fire)
Great tusk has speed for jolly breloom, though now that spore is banned you can lower it to hit 260 speed. Gouging Fire speed is to be faster than ogerpon-wellspring at +1 as to not get encored. I dont remember what the attack on gouging fire or physdef on glowking were for, but I would just use those spreads since I probably had specific calcs in mind when making them.

How does it feel being potentially partially responsible for Gouging Fire getting suspected?
Doesn't matter cuz we voting DNB.... right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)