Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
Jeez this thread has gotten so tiresome. Every second post is a person whinging about something they’ve whinged about 10 times already, and this is prior to the release when we still don’t have all the facts. I hope I don’t get bored enough in the next two weeks to check it out again.
If you're bored, you could always replay an old Pokémon game. Maybe Platinum? :psysly:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
None of the joysticks or D Pad worked when trying to chose a move to replace with Earthquake... If they were faithful the DS's focus on touch screens, WTF? That'd be so annoying. Faithful in all the wrong ways? -_-

Also, can someone please let me know how long this video lasts before it gets taken down. I'm just wondering if it lasts an hour.

None of the joysticks or D Pad worked when trying to chose a move to replace with Earthquake... If they were faithful the DS's focus on touch screens, WTF? That'd be so annoying. Faithful in all the wrong ways? -_-

Also, can someone please let me know how long this video lasts before it gets taken down. I'm just wondering if it lasts an hour.
So far it's been up for an hour, I wouldn't expect it to last much longer

I'm gonna keep an eye out on this channel and see if they post anything more

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
OHOHOHO.WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?

Let’s break this down a little.

-For one, Maylene’s team consists of that of two Level 27s and a Level 30 ace. That’s right, ladies, gentlemen and others, they’re using the D/P levels. Y’know, if the several other bits and pieces of gameplay that didn’t give this away, of course.

-Two, the player has two starters in Monferno and Grotle->Torterra. Now I know that Internet Connection is basically a death move considering the Nintendo Ninjas(tm) trying to keep leak season under control, so that means they likely got it..ingame, i guess??

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
-For one, Maylene’s team consists of that of two Level 27s and a Level 30 ace. That’s right, ladies, gentlemen and others, they’re using the D/P levels. Y’know, if the several other bits and pieces of gameplay that didn’t give this away, of course.
One thing that's interesting, on the other hand, is that Lucario used Bulk Up - that move actually wasn't present on either DP or even Platinum. Maybe we could see some more powerful moves to balance it out a bit? I doubt it'll do much on the balance part, but hey, at least it's not 100% copypaste like we thought.

OHOHOHO.WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?

Let’s break this down a little.

-Two, the player has two starters in Monferno and Grotle->Torterra. Now I know that Internet Connection is basically a death move considering the Nintendo Ninjas(tm) trying to keep leak season under control, so that means they likely got it..ingame, i guess??
For number two, it's possible they just have two switches and traded via local. It's not super unlikely, a lot of people have regular Switches and Switch Lites

He had to press A after the text prompt.

This is probably the same source of the gameplay photo album as the background is the same and I pointed out earlier on this page that they were likely trading starters between two switches.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
It's possible OP has two switches with both versions and did two resets on one of their games

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
There's no way. For starters, the Switch can be docked, so unless this is an undocked-only thing, it can't only be the touchscreens that work for it

One thing that's interesting, on the other hand, is that Lucario used Bulk Up - that move actually wasn't present on either DP or even Platinum. Maybe we could see some more powerful moves to balance it out a bit? I doubt it'll do much on the balance part, but hey, at least it's not 100% copypaste like we thought.
To be clear I don't think many people assumed it was goign to literally copy paste the exact movesets. The earliest footage had Roark's geodude use Rollout.

I mostly play on handheld ever since depression made me cling to my bed but man this is a stupid choice if it's real

I never played Gen 4 but it seems weird they want to stay faithful to the bad stuff (Weird team composition, barebones offerings for Electric and Fire types, whatever the hell this is) but want to add the newer bad stuff anyways (forced EXP share)

Make up yo damn mind

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
He had to press A after the text prompt.
That's still pretty annoying.
There's no way. For starters, the Switch can be docked, so unless this is an undocked-only thing, it can't only be the touchscreens that work for it
Why am I prone to forgetting about or forgetting to mention details like that? -_-
Ninja'd by R_N, but I'd like to add that Geodude's Rollout made me think the movesets are going to be good. I want to say this is another good sign, but the AI can be hilariously bad at using Status Moves. I still think Bulk Up is a good sign.

Personally, I am excited to see Flint use only two Fire-types in his team of five Pokemon. It would be perfectly accurate to the originals.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To be clear I don't think many people assumed it was goign to literally copy paste the exact movesets. The earliest footage had Roark's geodude use Rollout.
I think it's still a good sign as Geodude straight up only had 2 moves originally - Lucario did have a full moveset that they changed for (what I assume) the better

This gym leader theme seems a lot more MIDI than the trailer version especially with the trumpets at 0:40 and comparable when it gets back into the main melody at 1:40. I wonder if the actual music is going to be in the day 1 patch or that there's going to be some kind of toggle for "DS sounds".

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
There's also a little site for them now, which is fun https://teamgalactic.pokemon.co.jp/
Oh, that's neat! Well, this is a BDSP thread, I don't think anyone would mind if I take a quick moment to have a quick look-through of the site.

NOTE: Since I don't read Japanese, I'm using Google Translate to translate as much text as I could. Note that this means any text that part of an image isn't translated, only raw text. So, with that disclaimer, let's continue on.

MISSION:
So this is nice to have. Team Galactic's "cover" has always been about them finding a new source of energy, though that doesn't hide they're still people running around in space suits. This mission statement, along with the rest of this promotional site, gives us an insight of at least what Team Galactic was selling the people of Sinnoh on about them.

This mission statement certainly sounds like it was written by Cyrus, first starting off by saying this world is imperfect and the reason for conflict is because people & Pokemon are imperfect. But then we go into the propaganda where it says the solution is "cosmic energy" which is the "perfect existence" that'll lead all Pokemon & nature to freedom (Join Team Galactic today!).

So, as expected this a space cultish group (I'll refrain saying they're based on Scientology as I don't really know enough about Scientology to say how closely related they are; but it is fun to joke about), and they're mission statement is as much of a company statement as it is a religious manifesto. They're not just an energy company wanting to provide a new source of energy, they'll change your life and save the world! Okay, true, modern companies also say that though those at least has a sense of hyperbole while this sounds like there's a conviction behind it. Those who are a part of Team Galactic truly believe that they're creating a better existence, and they have to since the only one who knew of Galactic's true goals was Cyrus himself; even the Commanders just thought they were looking for new energy and only extra thing they knew was the extremes it was going to be done by.

MEMBERS:
Speaking of whom, we have a quick showcase of the Galactic Commanders. Clicking on their name pulls up a big image of them, and since its an image I don't know what the text above & below says. The text below their names is the same for each of them so that could just be saying their rank in the organization, but that's just a guess.

INTERVIEWS:
Now only a fun part. What is a villain team without the grunts? And so to include them into this company recruitment page they have interviews with a male and female grunt.

Though before we begin, does anyone know what "Sitappa" means? Google is giving me nothing. In addition on the top of the interview there's a quote I'm unable to translate and below a Daily Schedule. However the rest is raw text so was able to translate.

First is the male grunt for "Headquarters Work". Throwing in some humor, already we have a grunt joining cause they thought the costume and hairstyle looked cool (you're that one member that yells the team's name before battling, aren't you?). Though the second question brings in some depth, when asked how rewarding the work is he starts by saying it's rewarding alone to work toward the boss's ideal of world peace, but then mentions how it feels good when a person or Pokemon you helped says "thank you". I like that, as I noted no one knows Cyrus's true goal so these guys really think they're helping people thus many are likely good people who want to do good but are just being deceived; welp, too bad the remakes ain't gonna look a bit deeper on this. The third & final question raises an eyebrow, saying that their daily job is just to keep an eye out on changes in the city or if someone is in trouble; latter part I guess is part of Galactic's altruistic mask, but the former sounds suspicious. What also sounds suspicious is him saying they also catch wild Pokemon or asking trainers for their strong Pokemon but not going into any detail why they're gathering Pokemon.

Moving onto the female grunt for "Branch Work". Starting off, this is the female grunt from PR commercial at the top of the page. She joined Team Galactic because as a little girl she saw their commercials and drawn to them (doesn't mention what about them drew her in but guess that's not too important). But it does bring up some interesting trivia: Team Galactic has existed long enough where little kids saw their commercials and then became old enough to join them. So Team Galactic isn't a new group, they've been around for years, and not only that, they've have TV COMMERCIALS. So, if that's the case, why does everyone act like they don't know who they are? Now, being this is promotion for the remakes, they could very easily retcon this inconsistency with having characters like the Rival and Professor know more about them, as well as maybe add NPCs who talk about Galatic and their history... but of course we know they aren't going to. Though, that also bring up other questions concerning the history of Cyrus and the Commanders. Fun fact, Cyrus is 27 years old, and the commanders likely younger like their early 20s. So, how old was Cyrus when he started Team Galactic that this female grunt was a little girl when she saw their commercials? Anyway, the second question is the "what do you find rewarding" and she just says Team Galactic gives its members an environment for personal growth (which is a bit curious as it doesn't seem like that would be the case, either Team Galactic isn't as cult-ish as we think it is or this girl is hard on the Kool-Aid). Third & final question is about her job and it's desk work concerning researching cosmic energy (alright makes sense), Sinnoh myths (probably an odd thing to research according to an average Sinnoh citizen), and how to utilize the energy they gather (probably also another eyebrow raiser; they're researching this energy they say will make everything perfect but don't know exactly what to do with it?).

INFORMATION:
Two quick lists here, and it's kind of odd. Like, this feels incomplete, like one is a 3-step list of how to join Team Galactic and the other is a short list of things that should be known by new recruitments. All raw text, no pictures, no eye catching page format; very flat and amateurish. I'm not sure if that's what the intent is, like they're going for a very sterile & straight "here are the facts" aesthetic. Which is maybe fine for existing members being given their orders, but this is for recruitment which you'd want to make a bit more interesting. The PR video shows some intent on style, you'd think for the information on recruitment there would also be some of those graphics to make joining Team Galactic seem "cool".

So, how does one actually join Team Galactic? According to the Recruitment Process there are three steps: (1.) Take the enrollment test (we'll get to that), (2.) If you pass the test you're given a Membership Card, & (3.) Share your membership card with "#ギンガ団団員募集中". I've gotten a few translations what the hashtag translates to: "Ginga recruiting members" & "Ginga member recruitment"; "Ginga" is how Google translates the team's name which in Japanese is essentially "Team Galaxy"; So I think if translated into English the hashtag would be something like #TeamGalacticRecruit if it's meant to show you're a new member of Team Galactic. Yeah, if you can't tell by the hashtag this is more of a fun little Twitter thing. :bloblul:

Next is Application Requirements which is several things a new member would need to have & know. First is a "Qualification Requirement" which just says to have strong determination and never give up no matter what (how else do you explain having to battle grunt after grunt after grunt with them never giving up). Next was translated as "The Person You Want" but I think it's supposed to mean "People We Want" as it says they want people who sympathize with their philosophy, people who are motivated, and people good at "collective action" (which, I just looked up, is indeed a real term that essentially means people who can work together for a common goal). In "Assignment" just says you'll be put onto on a team lead by one of the Commanders: Team Mars, Team Jupiter, & Team Saturn. Finally in "Welfare" you're told your benefits for joining Team Galactic: Provided one work Partner Pokemon (is that their way to explain why grunts don't carry around a lot of Pokemon, most only use the one they're given?), provided a set of "nice fashion" uniforms, and finally "hairstyle allowance". "Nice fashion" uniforms and "hairstyle allowance", those are specific benefits, lol. :psysly:

POKEMON CENTER INFILTRATION:
At the bottom of the page it says starting November 6th to the 14th they'll have "friends" of Team Galactic in Pokemon Centers all over Japan. If you talk with them you're given a Team Galactic sticker":

So this has me curious, is it just a normal staff member who is wearing a Team Galactic emblem (hence why they said "friend" and not member") or will they go all the way and have people dressed as Team Galactic grunts. Hoping for the later... though with the page that goes into more "detail" mentioning all sorts of stuff about possible changes due to coronavirus & its until supplies last I have a feeling it's more likely the former.

ENROLLMENT TEST:
So, without further ado, and using Google Translate, let's take the Enrollment Test! All you gotta do is press the yellow button on the top right corner of the main page.
First, enter a 6 character or shorter nickname. (Going with Pik315)
Second is a simple multiple choice test. Now note using Google Translate the first question has both B & D as "Peace". This is because in Japan they're using two similar sounding terms which translate into two different meanings of "Peace". B is "平和" (Heiwa) as in "World Peace" while D is "平穏" (Heion) as in "Peace & Quite". The correct answer is B. (The answers for all of them are B, C & C).
Third is 3-question essentially a personality quiz, BUT if you take it multiple times the questions might change. After a few refreshes I've only seen nine questions:
  • I hate to lose
  • It ’s the one who sees things objectively. (I am one to see things objectively)
  • It is said to have a mysterious atmosphere. (I am said to have an air of mystery)
  • It is said to be cool because it is hard to be swept away by emotions. (I am said to keep my cool because I'm hardly swept away by my emotions)
  • Any means for the purpose (I'll do anything for the mission)
  • It's the type that has roots (I am the kind to set up roots(?))
  • Easy to express emotions
  • It is said to be intelligent (I am said to be intelligent)
  • It's more mature (I am mature)

However, from what I can tell, it doesn't matter what you answer here. As long as you got the Multiple Choice questions correct you'll pass the test (if you get even on question wrong you automatically fail). Which I guess is fitting for Team Galactic, as long as you're competent enough to get questions right it doesn't matter what your personality is.
So, what do you get for completing the test? Well, as said above, you get your Membership Card! You're given a random 5 digit number, randomly assigned to one of the Commander teams, and then the last two things I don't know. Now the "middle" thing doesn't change if you do the quiz again to generate a new card, but the "bottom" does.

AND THAT'S IT!
A fun little thing for Team Galactic that honestly deserves to be part of a better remake than BDSP. Oh well, if anyone is willing to translate the following that'll be most appreciative:
  • The text above & below the names of the Commander's on their splash image.
  • The quote on the top of the two grunt Interviews.
  • The grunts Daily Work schedules.
  • What exactly does the Membership Card say (may have to refresh a few times as the bottom one keeps changing).
Going to make this its own post, now I'll look through other posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)