5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

'k, I'm assuming that will lead me to HP Fire.

Should I start from scratch again using that search you just gave me? Starting with the year 2011....
Yes, it will give you all spreads that give you a maximum power Hidden Power Fire. Though the year for me didn't matter. 2012 gave the exact results that 2011 gave me.

Yes, it will give you all spreads that give you a maximum power Hidden Power Fire. Though the year for me didn't matter. 2012 gave the exact results that 2011 gave me.
Still searching, though I found 1 result :D Frame is 31

The lower the frame the better for this RNGing method, right?

EDIT: What's best for me, choosing an even frame or an odd frame?

Im having trouble on my DS lite, and using the key presses... how can i be doing it wrong., just pressing A on the set time.. then switching straight to the button i need to hold.. am i missing something here?

Im having trouble on my DS lite, and using the key presses... how can i be doing it wrong., just pressing A on the set time.. then switching straight to the button i need to hold.. am i missing something here?
How long are you holding it? If you are letting go as soon as the Nintendo screen pops up, you should let go towards the end of the Nintendo screen. That's what I do and have been successful.

EDIT: How many Pokemon should I bring in my party? RNGing c-gear method (gonna rng dw espy) I know that it's frame - 1 But the frames are 28-31 :O

I've been reading mattj's advice for RNGing roamers, and have a few questions.

Regarding step 3, what does he mean by "after advancing far enough in the game to where you won't be stopped all the time?"

Regarding step 6, what is the point of mashing the "A" button through the cutscene? The NPCs on Route 7 can't advance the frame during a cutscene, can they?

Regarding step 9, I can simply Chatter x times instead of saving x times, right?

Thanks!

How long are you holding it? If you are letting go as soon as the Nintendo screen pops up, you should let go towards the end of the Nintendo screen. That's what I do and have been successful.

EDIT: How many Pokemon should I bring in my party? RNGing c-gear method (gonna rng dw espy) I know that it's frame - 1 But the frames are 28-31 :O

Take frame 24. 3 Pokémon in your party should suffice.

I've been reading mattj's advice for RNGing roamers, and have a few questions.

Regarding step 3, what does he mean by "after advancing far enough in the game to where you won't be stopped all the time?"

Regarding step 6, what is the point of mashing the "A" button through the cutscene? The NPCs on Route 7 can't advance the frame during a cutscene, can they?

Regarding step 9, I can simply Chatter x times instead of saving x times, right?

Thanks!
Step 3: Before you release the roamer there will be a few cutscenes and a woman telling you to go inside her house/ cabin. Inside that house/ cabin you have to save. By doing this you don't have take the PID advancement before that into calculations, thus making it a bit easier.

Step 6: The NPC's won't affect the PID frame but the rain (or snow) will. The rain will advance your PID by 60 frames per second. That's why you need to mash through it as fast as you can to get the most consistent results.

Step 9: Yes you can.

I was trying to it my seed, but every time I did I got the wrong nautre with the wrong IV's. Tried it like 5 times and it was always the same wrong nature with the same wrong IV's.

I was trying to it my seed, but every time I did I got the wrong nautre with the wrong IV's. Tried it like 5 times and it was always the same wrong nature with the same wrong IV's.
Fluctuation of Timer0. You can't do anything about that but keep trying. You can read more info about it in the guide.

Step 3: Before you release the roamer there will be a few cutscenes and a woman telling you to go inside her house/ cabin. Inside that house/ cabin you have to save. By doing this you don't have take the PID advancement before that into calculations, thus making it a bit easier.

Step 6: The NPC's won't affect the PID frame but the rain (or snow) will. The rain will advance your PID by 60 frames per second. That's why you need to mash through it as fast as you can to get the most consistent results.

Step 9: Yes you can.
Thanks for your help. I knew that rain/snow advances the PIDRNG frame, but I didn't know that it would do so during a cutscene. Because of this, assuming I hit the correct seed on all of my attempts, if I hit PIDRNG frame x on one attempt (and don't get the nature I want), it will be unlikely that I'll hit frame x + 1 on my next (after 1 more Chatter/save), even with good mashing (since it would still be hard to get a consistent frame advancement during the cutscene), right?

Lol, no cause Timer0 would screw you no matter what seed you'd pick. Just find the timer which is most regular for you and stick with that one and it's seeds. Mine fluctuates between C7fF(~60%) and C80 (~40%) so I just stick with C7F.

Edit: @Misdreavus:
Not unlikely actually, it will just be a bit harder than normal RNGing. Say normally it would take you about 4 tries now it will take you about 40 XD That's why you have to mash through it, it's the only way to get consistent results ^^

Lol, no cause Timer0 would screw you no matter what seed you'd pick. Just find the timer which is most regular for you and stick with that one and it's seeds. Mine fluctuates between C7fF(~60%) and C80 (~40%) so I just stick with C7F.
ok. only did it 3 times and did the one that appeared twice. ill go fine it a couple more times. Thanks

okay.. right when i hit A to hit the right time.. i immediately hold the Up button [my keypress for the seed], and i even held it til the gamefreak logo was gone..

did the right chatters.. and yet.. nothing.

did i hold it too quickly? or what.. ugh. 244 chatters wasted lol.

I'm trying to calibrate for my second game and whatever I'm sweet scenting isn't returning any results at all (I have done this successfully quite a few times), and I've no idea what I'm doing wrong. Could this be because I can't find my IV spreads too accurately?

okay.. right when i hit A to hit the right time.. i immediately hold the Up button [my keypress for the seed], and i even held it til the gamefreak logo was gone..

did the right chatters.. and yet.. nothing.

did i hold it too quickly? or what.. ugh. 244 chatters wasted lol.
Keypresses tend to cause the Timer0 to fluctuate.
On holding them, I hold them before I start the game up until the Nintendo logo first pops up, then let go pretty quickly... since a lot of keypress combos are uncomfortable, heh. Works for me.

I'm trying to calibrate for my second game and whatever I'm sweet scenting isn't returning any results at all (I have done this successfully quite a few times), and I've no idea what I'm doing wrong. Could this be because I can't find my IV spreads too accurately?
That could be, are you doing it somewhere with high leveled Pokemon?
Make sure the information you've entered is exactly what you're doing regarding keypresses, time, etc. You might want to try widening the parameter's range.

I had a couple times where no results popped up when calibrating, I just kept going at it and it eventually came up.

Keypresses tend to cause the Timer0 to fluctuate.
On holding them, I hold them before I start the game up until the Nintendo logo first pops up, then let go pretty quickly... since a lot of keypress combos are uncomfortable, heh. Works for me.
yeah, thats what i read.. about Timer0 fluctuating.. and it sucks that i have to chatter 244 to find out if it worked or not.. well your tip worked..

i held the button before i even started up the game.. hit my seed, and the test pokemon came out shiny. so phew.. maybe my Timer0 is alright after all.

Time for the 244 chatter.

I have a couple of questions, do different floors count as different areas of caves or not?
Also, what's the best place (No random moving NPCs affecting the frame) to RNG a drillbur/excadrill?
And, since these pokemon only appear in dust clouds, when RNG'ing do I need to go for frames higher than one so I can make one appear or how exactly does it work?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a couple of questions, do different floors count as different areas of caves or not?
Also, what's the best place (No random moving NPCs affecting the frame) to RNG a drillbur/excadrill?
And, since these pokemon only appear in dust clouds, when RNG'ing do I need to go for frames higher than one so I can make one appear or how exactly does it work?
Different floors are different areas.
Easiest place is probably Wellspring Cave.
You want an IV frame of at least 2 (since you have to walk to make them appear, you'll need to make at least one advance). As I understand it, the clouds are determined by a combination of the PID and your step counter, so if it doesn't work, then take a few steps, save, and try again so the counter starts at a different point.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Try the cave at Giant Chasm

Try the cave at Giant Chasm
Alternatively, take whatever you caught and enter it into the Battle Subway. This will level your dude up to 50 so you can accurately check it's IVs. I used to check baby IVs by the dozen this way before I started using the Pokechecker and RNG abusing in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)