ORAS UU Zygarde is a Threat!!!! (ORAS UU RMT)

Gyro Ball or Volt Switch on Forretress? (Haxorus is a BIG THREAT to this team)

• Gyro Ball

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Volt Switch

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys! This is another #VPPRMT with VeryPinkPancakes! I love making these, and this time in a tier that's more played than RU-- UU! When Zygarde was unbanned, jeran (aweome guy btw. thx dude) and I were sure that it was broken and we wanted to abuse it. It resulted in this team. I hope you enjoy it.

And first, the star of the team, Zygarde!!!

Unbanned? (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 192 HP / 88 Atk / 52 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail Dudeman130498

I love Zygarde, especially this set. SubCoil is pretty standard, and due to my EV spread, I can set up on lots of defensive pokes, like Forretress, Vaporeon, and Blissey. Earthquake for STAB, and Extreme Speed because I don't find Dragon Tail or Outrage particularly useful, and it is nice to have the priority. 192 HP gives me 405 HP, letting Blissey's Seismic Toss not break my sub, and 52 Sp. Def EV's make it so 4 Sp. Att Vaporeon's Scald also doesn't break it. 176+ in speed to always outspeed Jolly Toxicroak, and the rest in attack. This thing is a monster. (Sorry for the long text).

peek (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Gyro Ball @Everyone :P
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Nice and Standard physically defensive Forretress. I wanted hazards because of the kind of Volt-Turn them I've got, so it will punish them for switching. I also kind of wanted Rapid Spin for Rotom-H. Now, Gyro Ball or Volt Switch? Vote!!!! (Haxorus is a HUGE threat to this team, but I like the Volt Turn theme). EV's are simple.

Mittens (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpD / 116 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Mostly Specially Defensive Rotom-H to round out the wall core. Pretty standard set. I have 116 speed to outspeed things like 0 speed Celebi, and other 0 speed base 100's. Not much explaining to do here. Pain Split for recovery, Will-o to take physical hits a bit better, etc.

Dudeman130498 Alfonso Dragonlord

Destined For OU (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake

Gligar replaces Rotom-H as my special wall. It walls most special attackers, (Yay Hydreigon :P) and can take physical hits too! (Darmanitan pfff). I can put SR's on this, and Taunt helps with Cresselia, now a new big threat! Alfonso Dragonlord Roost for longevity, and EQ for STAB. Even though it gives me a huge ice weakness, ice isn't very common, and it's worth it.

CroCountered (Toxicroak) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

At this point, I was looking a little weak to CroCune and water in general, so I went to my go-to counter to Mega Blastoise and Suicune- Toxicroak! Just an SD set, with Black Sludge>Lum Berry because I don't like getting tricked and going for Swords Dance. Dry Skin, Drain Punch, Gunk Shot, all pretty standard. I wanted Sucker Punch as opposed to Knock Off because Toxicroak isn't insanely fast.

hay dees (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

We've got nice and scarfed Hydreigon here. It is really my only big check to haxorus unless if it gets 2 DD's up. Then I'm screwed. It drops dracos everywhere, and dark pulse is nice for STAB. I have Flamethrower>Fire Blast or Superpower because I miss 7/8 Fire Blasts, and I don't havea huge problem with Blissey. U-Turn goes with the Volt-Turn theme, and the EV's and Nature are pretty standard.

Aggrobotrono (Aggron) @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

I love this thing. It catches people so off guard, when they switch out and I go for rock polish and sweep their team. It acts as both a set-up sweeper and a late game cleaner. Not to mention, it's pretty bulky as well. Heavy Slam+Stone Edge+EQ gives me pretty much unresisted coverage, and the EV's are pretty simple. I just love this thing.

So that's the team!

Haxorus: The biggest threat to this team if it is DD. If I lost Hydreigon, it can just 6-0 me except for Forretress, which can only do something to it if it has Gyro Ball. When I see this, I am scared.

Cresellia: If it has moonblast, it just 6-0's my team. I haven't seen any yet, let's hope it stays that way.

Infernape: While not as big of a threat, it can do a lot of damage if it is mixed with HP ice. Otherwise, Gligar walls it.

This team has been pretty successful so far! Leave feeback and I hope you enjoyed it!

New [/B]Importable! :)]
EVs: 192 HP / 140 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Hey man this looks like a pretty cool team. Here's a couple suggestions I can think of.

I'm a pretty big fan of Rotom-H myself, but I can't see it fitting too well on your team in this case. It kind of just amplifies the things that threaten your team, like Haxorus and Hydreigon that you mentioned. Here's one solution I can think of that can fix a few of your problems: change Rotom-H to specially defensive Gligar. I think this is actually gonna do a lot for your team: first, you can take Stealth Rock off Forretress and put it on Gligar, giving yourself room for both Gyro Ball and Volt Switch. Second, Gligar works quite fantastically typing-wise for your team: it gives you a handy Electric immunity, gives you a MUCH needed Fighting-resist (seriously I can see something like Mega Lopunny or Gallade simply destroying your team right now), and keeps the nice Ground immunity that your team would appreciate. Finally, it also takes hits from Hydreigon really well. That's two things on your threat list taken care of right there: Gligar is a solid switchin to Hydreigon, and Forretress can now carry Gyro Ball for Haxorus. Look below for an importable of your Gligar set. For an example of how well it switches into Hydreigon:

252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 212+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 135-160 (40.5 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 212+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 175-208 (52.5 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Alright, for my next suggestion, I think your team would be better off with Toxic Spikes over Spikes on Forretress. That will make wearing down things like Vaporeon, Swampert, and the like a lot easier, and gives you a nice safety net against setup sweepers that your team may struggle with like Mega Gallade and opposing Zygarde (also quite a huge threat to your team).

This kind of goes along with my third suggestion, which would be to change Extremespeed to Dragon Tail on Zygarde. Dragon Tail really helps with racking up hazard damage and preventing opposing things from setting up with you. With no more Togekiss to worry about in the tier, running Dragon/Ground coverage is really great. Dragon Tail is especially great with Toxic Spikes, so that's another reason to go with that.

A couple nitpicks:

Zygarde actually needs all its extra EVs (the ones you have in attack) in special defense in order for its sub to live Scalds.

0 SpA Vaporeon Scald vs. 192 HP / 52 SpD Zygarde: 93-109 (22.9 - 26.9%) -- 38.3% chance to 4HKO
0 SpA Vaporeon Scald vs. 192 HP / 140 SpD Zygarde: 84-100 (20.7 - 24.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

So change your Zygarde spread to 192 HP / 140 SpD / 176 Spe.

Running Adamant is probably better on Toxicroak. It doesn't really outspeed too many relevant things with Jolly (only Chandelure, who you'll be Sucker Punching anyway, and Lucario who you have a hard counter for in Gligar). You'll really appreciate the extra power when it comes to Sucker Punching faster things.

Like I said, it's a really solid team and I hope you found my suggestions helpful. I would love to see some replays of Mega Aggron achieving a sweep, because that's certainly an interesting choice of setup sweeper :] Good luck in the future with using this team.

Importable of Gligar:
Gligar @ Eviolite
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- U-turn
- Earthquake

I tested only 2 times this team, but has a lot of trouble againts Cresselia with moonblast, which can't be 0H or 2HKOed by anything not boosted. Having Gligar with taunt (I tested with Dudeman130498 change of Rotom=>Gligar) can solve this problem partially.

Also, special Infernape with vacuum wave/HP Ice/overheat/anything else destroys all the team without any problem, 2HKOing Hydreigon with vacuum wave. Aggron must keep sturdy intact to kill him, but there's may be a change against it in the foe's team.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alfonso Dragonlord Dudeman130498 Thx for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it!

Gligar, I realized, while it gives me a HUGE ice weakness, after testing, is so much better than Rotom on this team. I get SR's on it, along with taunt for the aformentioned Cresselia and also just good for support. So I combined both of the sets to get... (you also forgot the nature on Gligar :P)

Gligar @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake

And the changes on Forretress were taken as well as Zygarde (I don't know what happened with my calcs lol)

Bold Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

I'm not running into any Cresselia's at all, and no fully special Infernapes, but Gligar will help with both of those. Not to mention, I can use Forretress to bait an Overheat, and then go into Hydreigon. As for Cresselia, if it has Moonblast, it just 6-0's my team. *adds to threat list* I haven't seen any yet, let's hope it stays that way. :/

Thx!

Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Bold Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Aggron Sweep replays coming soon. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)