Z-Move Discussion

I'll guess draining moves don't heal?
No

When an offensive move is Z-moved, the move transform completely to its Z-Version (So "Triattack" becomes into "Breack Neck whatever", but Breack Neck doesn't have the chance of statusing the opponent)

Not to repeat questions but do we know if Z-moves can miss? Like are they essentially all buffed versions of Swift or can the evasion stat effect them (like Double Team)? Or Fly, Dive, Dig, Bounce?

Not to repeat questions but do we know if Z-moves can miss? Like are they essentially all buffed versions of Swift or can the evasion stat effect them (like Double Team)? Or Fly, Dive, Dig, Bounce?
I have seen in battle Royale the z move going through its entire animation only to be fail due to the target being killed. The moves still are listed having 100% accuracy, so it does function similar to most moves and missing. But sadly you'll have to go through the animation for it.

But Z-moves do not have priority, so Gale Wings have nothing to do with it
Edit: Now that I think about it, Gale Wings gives priority to all Flying moves

So, Z-Extreme Speed doesn't get priority, but Gale Wings still gives priority to Z-Flying moves

And Z-moves are supposed to be a move that hurts insanily, but only being used once
By that same logic, does prankster also offer status Z-moves priority?

If this is true, is the reverse?

Could I get a z-trickroom off at 0 priority rather than -7?
I doubt it works like that
Probably the priority thing is just for the offensive moves, becuase those get replaced completely by the Z-move

While status move only add an extra effect to the move

I doubt it works like that
Probably the priority thing is just for the offensive moves, becuase those get replaced completely by the Z-move

While status move only add an extra effect to the move
In a similar vein: is there a cutscene for status Z-moves as well ( like the trainer doing some dance moves or whatever )? Does anybody know? I'm really curious about this.

I feel like this should have been answered by now but I can't find the answer anywhere. Do Z-Moves retain the original move's physical/special property or does each Z-Move have its own physical/special property? For example, would All-Out Pummeling deal physical damage if it was based on Close Combat but special damage if it was based on Aura Sphere? Or does All-Out Pummeling always deal physical damage no matter what attack it's based on?

Also, would a Z-Move based on a multiple target attack still hit multiple targets or just a selected pokémon? For example, would Tectonic Edge hit everyone around you if the move it was based on was Earthquake? I doubt this is the case, I just wanted to be thorough.

I feel like this should have been answered by now but I can't find the answer anywhere. Do Z-Moves retain the original move's physical/special property or does each Z-Move have its own physical/special property? For example, would All-Out Pummeling deal physical damage if it was based on Close Combat but special damage if it was based on Aura Sphere? Or does All-Out Pummeling always deal physical damage no matter what attack it's based on?

Also, would a Z-Move based on a multiple target attack still hit multiple targets or just a selected pokémon? For example, would Tectonic Edge hit everyone around you if the move it was based on was Earthquake? I doubt this is the case, I just wanted to be thorough.
Physical/special depends on the move that powers it, so your Close Combat/Aura Sphere example is exactly how it works. I don't think multitarget effects are preserved any more than priority is but I'm less sure about that.

So... fun stuff to check out when Sun & Moon drops:

Porygon-Z @ Normalium-Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Conversion

I personally preffer Bolt Beam a bit better, but Adaptability Shadow Ball sounds amazing as well
I don't see why you'd ever use BoltBeam. Having ice beam as your STAB means you get shit on by every bulky steel not named Skarmory. Tbolt STAB is quite a lot better, but struggles with Bulky Excadrill and Gastrodon (and being electric-type makes your STAB easier to play around (unless we see normal-types get much more popular) and the ground weakness is no fun.

I don't see why you'd ever use BoltBeam. Having ice beam as your STAB means you get shit on by every bulky steel not named Skarmory. Tbolt STAB is quite a lot better, but struggles with Bulky Excadrill and Gastrodon (and being electric-type makes your STAB easier to play around (unless we see normal-types get much more popular) and the ground weakness is no fun.
I could see someone trying Electric or Ice conversion PGZ in doubles maybe with rain/hail support. +1 STAB adaptability Thunder/Blizzard are actually the strongest non-terrible moves it can run, and Blizzard is basically its only meaningful split attack option. Coverage issues are less acutely felt in doubles where teammates can help patch those holes. Still pretty damn gimmicky but worth a mention.

+1 252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 153-181 (50.8 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 137-162 (39.9 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Scizor: 166-196 (59 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Jirachi: 122-144 (30.1 - 35.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 166-196 (48.6 - 57.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

After seeing how the battle caps work in S/M, maybe using HP Fire > Recover could help a lot

But anyways, Z-Conversion doesn't look like something to have little to no switchings like Mega Medi and Kyurem-B, is rather something you should use when the opponent's team is weakened. If you wanted to full wallbreaking, then Nasty Plot is a better option

Just noticed something about Arceus:

Multiptype description: Changes the Pokémon’s type to match the Plate or Z-Crystal it holds.

Silvally's ability RKS System however is simply: Changes the Pokémon’s type to match the memory disc it holds.

Just noticed something about Arceus:

Multiptype description: Changes the Pokémon’s type to match the Plate or Z-Crystal it holds.

Silvally's ability RKS System however is simply: Changes the Pokémon’s type to match the memory disc it holds.
Wait, So what does that mean for Judgement?

Wait, So what does that mean for Judgement?
According to the text dump:

"The user releases countless shots of light at the target. This move’s type varies depending on the kind of Plate the user is holding." (As it's the description that resembles the ORAS one the most)

Judgment stays Normal-type when a Z-Crystal is equipped.

Worthless, if you ask me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)