-RSE E4 theme
-RSE Champion theme
-Rayquaza's entrance ORAS/vs. Ancient Pokemon ORAS
-Boss Battle Pokemon typing adventure
-Defy the legends PMD1
-Run Away PMD1 (tearjerker)
-Farewell PMD1
-Mt. Blaze, Sky Tower, Mt. Thunder Peak, Great Canyon, Stop, Thief! PMD1
-I Don't Want to Say Goodbye, Time Gear, Dialga's Fight to the Finish, Temporal Tower PMD2
-Any Deoxys theme
-Cave theme, SS Aqua, Rt. 27, Hall of Fame, Champion theme, Rival theme GSC
-Gym Leader theme, Silph Co., Champion theme, End Credits RBY
-RSE title, Rt. 119, rt. 104, Regi Battle, Sandstorm, Bike, Slateport city themes RSE
-Champion theme, Vs. Palkia/dialga, Vs. Team Galactic Commander, vs. cyrus, vs. giratina DPP
-Aspertia City, Nimbasa City, Driftveil City, Icirus City, Opelucid City (w/w2,) Victory Road, Rt. 10 BW
-Vs. Neo Team Plasma, vs. Colress, Vs. Iris, all Gym themes, Entralink BW2
-Team Magma/Aqua Admin theme ORAS
-N's castle BW/BW2
-All ending themes
-Champion theme XY
-Team Flare themes XY
-RBY,GSC,RSE,BW(2) opening themes
-All PMD title themes
-Whiscash's pnd pmd1
-Bittercold Battle, kyurem battle, Crystal/glacial idk spire PMD3
There's probably more

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I like most Gold and Silver ones.
Other than that, I love Cynthia's background music, and also the BW elite 4 ones.

XY music doesn't impress me though.

I'll just copy what I posted in the last thread on this subject, but with more (honorable) mentions this time around.

R/B/Y
Vermilion City
Route 24/25
S.S. Anne

Others: Cinnabar Island, Pokemon Mansion, Pokemon Tower, Celadon City.

G/S/C
Goldenrod City
Route 42, 43, 44 & Lake of Rage
Raikou/Entei/Suicune Battle Theme

Others: Tin Tower, Mt. Silver/Lighthouse, Kanto Gym Leader Battle theme, Route 26/27.

R/S/E
Abandoned Ship
Battle Frontier
Frontier Brain Battle

Others: Route 101, Petalburg City, Mt. Pyre (outside), Safari Zone, Route 123, Gym Leader Battle, Rival Battle, regular Trainer Battle.

Colosseum & XD
Miror B's Theme (Colosseum)

Miror B's Theme (XD)
Colosseum Credits

Others: Overworld Map, Realgam Tower, The Under, First Battle, Mt. Battle Wild Pokemon Battle (Pokespot), Pokemon HQ Lab, Citadark Isle.

FR/LG
Vermilion City
Sevault Canyon
Credits

Others: Route 24/25, Celadon City, Cinnabar Island, Pokemon Mansion, Pokemon Tower, SS. Anne.

D/P/P
Sunyshore City
Giratina Battle Theme
Frontier Brain Battle

Others: Route 201, Gym Leader Battle, Jubilife City, Canalave City, Pokemon League, Snowpoint City, Route 216/217, Route 225, Distortion World, Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf Battle, Credits, regular Trainer Battle Theme.

HG/SS
Ho-Oh Battle Theme
Ecruteak City
Cinnabar Island

Others: Cianwood City, Bell Tower, Route 47/48, Lavender Town, Hoenn Sound, Sinnoh Sound.

B/W
Entralink
Emotion
Black/White Credits

Others: Undella Town, Gym Leader Battle, Marvelous Bridge, regular Trainer Battle, Battle Subway Battle theme, all legendary Battle themes, N's Castle, Dreamyard, Opelucid City, Mistralton City, Nimbasa City, Route 10, Giant Chasm.

B2/W2
Iris Battle Theme
Black Tower
Aspertia City

Others (not counting themes that were already in B/W): Aspertia City, Floccesy Town, Virbank Complex Colress Battle, PWT, Humilau City, Reversal Mountain, Route 23, Lentimas Town.

X/Y
Professor Sycamore's Theme
Laverre City
Pokémon League

Others: Shalour City, Lumiose City, Geosenge Town, Route 15/16.

Then there's probably several tracks from each game/generation that I have forgotten to mention, but I'm saving them for another time.

Edit: Haven't played OR/AS or any spin-offs apart from Colosseum/XD so I didn't include them.

Last edited:
R/G/B/Y: Opening Theme, Pokémon Tower, Nugget Bridge, and Wild Pokémon Battle

G/S/C: Opening Theme. It is pretty hard to have any other favorites when you think the remake did everything even better.

FR/LG: Opening Theme, Pokémon Tower, S.S. Anne, and Ending Credits

R/S/E: Opening Theme (funny, I used to not like this as much, since it was so different from the G/S/C theme I was used to), and because I like ghosts and spooky stuff, New Mauville.

D/P/P: Opening Theme

HG/SS: Nugget Bridge, Tin Tower, National Park, Opening Theme, Ending Credits, and...well it is more of a matter of which themes aren't my favorites.

B/W: Opening Theme, N's Castle and Vs. Zekrom/Reshiram/Kyurem

X/Y: Lumiose City

OR/AS: Soaring (Day)

Last edited:
Mt. Pyre Peak - RSE
Abandoned Ship - RSE
The Under - Colosseum
Cipher Syndicate Theme - Colosseum
Mt. Coronet Peak - DPP

Overall Colosseum and XD have the best soundtracks.
Thank god someone posted Mt. Pyre. That music is amazing.

But seriously, I am surprised no one has posted the Archie/Maxie Battle theme or the Aqua/Magma Grunt them yet. Those two were some of the best pieces I think. I also loved the RSE E4 Battle Themes as well. Idk, something about that gen and those music choices really hit it off for me.

Funny side note: when I first played BW I had the volume on low and in the background the Maroon 5 album Songs About Jane was playing and it overpowered the game's music. So now every time one of those songs from that album plays I immediately think about BW, but I honestly have no recollection of the actual themes from those games

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
But seriously, I am surprised no one has posted the Archie/Maxie Battle theme or the Aqua/Magma Grunt them yet. Those two were some of the best pieces I think. I also loved the RSE E4 Battle Themes as well. Idk, something about that gen and those music choices really hit it off for me.
I'm very sure I mentioned those two. Archie and Maxie's theme is one of the most appropriate considering the intensity and importance of the battle, and is one of my favourite villainous themes in the games.

Mt. Moon was my original favourite maybe because I could play it on the piano, but every theme from any pokémon game (exclude Kalos and Hoenn) have at least two awesome bits and oh boy, do they fit in the game! The endings of BW, GSC and ORAS make my eyes water and the part that starts right at 1:07 makes me start mumbling the rest of the masterpiece until the end of the gym battle.

Ah, also whenever I hear the last 12 seconds of the GSC ending chills are sent down my spine, it makes me remember how this franchise nailed it in terms of game content, enjoyment, the tiny details and even the fanbase.

The music that plays when the gym leader has one pokémon left in fifth generation also triggers the same effects on me.

Last edited:
Whenever I hear the last 12 seconds of the GSC ending chills are sent down my spine, it makes me remember how this franchise nailed it in terms of game content, enjoyment, the tiny details and even the fanbase.
Exactly this. Man, GSC was awesome and it made my entire childhood.

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have way too many favorites but these songs are among them and haven't been mentioned yet so I shall bring about justice

PMD 2: Temporal Spire (This is probably the most underrated song in all of Pokemon imo. Yes, it's sandwiched between Temporal Tower and Primal Dialga Battle, two other just-as-amazing themes, in terms of major songs played in-game and it isn't quite as "epic" as the others, but this is something similar in terms of melody and how easy it is to follow, but is a stark contrast by being so calming yet fear-instilling. Just give it a listen, it's a really weird feeling to describe but it certainly fits the mood of PMD 2's endgame at the very least)

Pokemon Stadium: Mewtwo Battle (I never played Stadium as a kid, though I did play a bit of Stadium 2. Still, even though this track is apparently a remix of the wild battle theme from RBY, it's very hard for me to tell and it's still amazing to listen to)

Pokemon Stadium: Prime Cup Final (Blue's theme is amazing and this "symphonic" version, alongside FRLG and VGC Finals themes, proves it amazingness)

Pokemon Colosseum: Battle Mode Theme 2 (RSE Champion Theme Remix) (So nostalgic of all those times I played Free Battle Mode. So good. Another excellent rendition of a champion theme, the orchestration works really nicely)

Pokemon Puzzle Challenge: Goldenrod City, Elite 4 Danger, Lance Danger (Never played this game either but DAMN are these tunes/remixes kickass, specially for a GBC game)

Pokemon TCG: Club Master Duel (Haven't played this one either ;-; ... still this battle theme fits right at home with awesome "Gym Leader" battle themes. Shouldn't be overlooked at all.)

Gen IV games: Cynthia's (pre-battle) Theme (Elegant. So elegant.)

Pokemon Stadium: Mewtwo Battle (I never played Stadium as a kid, though I did play a bit of Stadium 2. Still, even though this track is apparently a remix of the wild battle theme from RBY, it's very hard for me to tell and it's still amazing to listen to)
Correction: it appears to be a remix of the original Vs. Trainer theme.

When I saw this thread title thought It was about actual themes not songs x.x

I'm going to add my name to the Cynthia battle list, no matter how many times I battle her I always get a chill down my spine. XY Route 15 and Snowbelle also appeal to me as well. The latter is really interesting because it sounds incredibly lonely, and you're in a town shrouded with snow, full of Veterans, and the Gym Leader hangs out with abandoned Trainer's Pokemon at the end of a creepy forest trail. All of this after you battle all your friends except Calem/Serena and save the world from a ginger psycho with a superweapon.

There are so many amazing themes and songs from the Pokémon games, it's hard to narrow it down to even a few! But I guess I have favorites.

Dreamyard

This is my favorite. I like the energy in the music, but at the same time it's light and relaxing. It's peppy. I can listen to this for hours. It's so great!

Lacunosa Town

Lacunosa Town is my favorite city, and would be my hometown if I was from the Pokémon world. Even though Kyurem could be potentially just around the corner, I still like it.

Snowbelle City

Such a beautiful theme... it definitely has a Japanese feel to it, and I like that. It sounds like music from a snowy place. Everything is gently floating to the ground... so nice...

Lavender Town

Despite all the creepypasta and such that revolves around this music, I think it embodies the city's theme. I mean, I suppose the city isn't really all about death, but there is a cemetery, so death is at least a part of the city. And as much as we may not want to admit it, there is a bit of a nostalgia factor that goes with this music. It's ingrained as part of the Gen I legacy, and the Lavender Town music can't be left behind.

Honorable mentions:

Team Aqua/Team Magma Hideout (from RSE)
Stark Mountain
Ice Path (from GSC)

Unwavering Emotions from Pokemon BW
This is a great piece, as it really captures the feeling of when it plays throughout Gen V. You first hear it in Nimbasa City, when Bianca's dad tries to take Bianca home after journeying there. Bianca is arguing against that, and this song captures what Bianca is feeling quite well. It plays again, later, when Hugh talks about his sister's Purrloin.

Soaring the Sky (night) in Pokemon ORAS
This piece is very relaxing and captures the feel of soaring on a leisurely ride through the night sky, taking your time with the fun path and enjoying the scenic view. This nicely complements the feel of soaring as it is more relaxing, and a leisurely time instead of hurrying up and flying to wherever to spend more time being productive.

RBY Route 1. Done.

In all seriousness, Route 1 just holds a special place in my heart. Pidgey was my first capture, and it was on Route 1. Plus, it is so catchy and upbeat xD

Weird thing is that this tune is very memorable. It started playing in my head before I even clicked the link.

It's also the music that plays in my head when someone does/something happens that makes you go "wat?" and your brain starts to try to process wtf just happened?

I really like the Cycling theme for the first 2 games and Kanto Route 1 theme. There might be others but it has been awhile since I listened to them so can't recall for now.

-snip-

Weird thing is that this tune is very memorable. It started playing in my head before I even clicked the link.

It's also the music that plays in my head when someone does/something happens that makes you go "wat?" and your brain starts to try to process wtf just happened?
I think the Pokewalker theme is a remix of that.

Anyway, one of my favourite themes:
Pokemon XD Realgam Tower.

Now, part of why I love it so much relates to the tower's history. In Colosseum, Realgam Tower was operated by Cipher, and was a place where the wealthy would pay big money to watch Pokemon battles. But these weren't the battles that we all know and love; these were brutal fights to the death between Shadow Pokemon. The bright, shining exterior of the tower further masked what was going on; it's likely that the general public had absolutely no idea.

Fast forward five years. After Wes defeated Evice, Cipher lost control of Realgam Tower and was forced to go underground. The good guys took it over, and actually made it into a place where people can have and watch normal battles. In fact, it's as if Cipher never owned it in the first place.

The music is just so upbeat and catchy - it perfectly reflects the purpose of the tower in XD: when you get tired of purifying Shadow Pokemon, stopping Cipher, and saving the world, it's a place to just have fun!

Sevii Islands and Celadon City in FR/LG,Verdanturf Town and Mossdeep City in R/S/E.Also the route nos.118 to 121 in R/S/E(from Mauville city to Lilycove City) is beautiful.Its full of life,surrounded by greenery,passes by waterfalls and fields with awesome wild pokemons.

It's been a while since anyone has really posted anything but...my favorite themes in Pokemon have been delivered mainly from Pokemon Black and White, and definitely some of the tracks from DPPt. Almost every battle theme from those two generations are among my favorites, especially the themes of Cyrus, Ghetsis (B2/W2) and Giratina. I love a bunch of the route music from B/W and especially enjoyed the Victory Road theme from DPPt.

Anime wise, my favorite theme is "Pokemon Johto Journeys". That song is just lovable for me.

Some of mine:

Pyrite Town (Colo/XD): Smooth jazz coming your way in 3...2...1...and that bass.
Pokemon Square (Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team): If I had to pick an absolute favorite, this one would be it. I have a particular fondness for the RRT version, the one linked. For some reason it doesn't sound as good (to me) on the DS.
Title Screen (ORAS): Sue me, but I love, love this much more than the original RSE. It sounds so crisp and majestic and...well, perfect.
Gym (XY): Not the leader theme, which I like, but the building music. This tune dates back to the originals, but something about the Gen VI soundfront makes it more epic, more capable of inspiring confidence. Perfect to give you a little boost before a test or interview or whatever.
Pokemon Center (Birthday) (XY/ORAS): The fact that they just acknowledge your birthday is wonderful. Hearing this when you go to heal up is icing on the cake.
Emotions (XY): One scene. Near the beginning of the game. That you would have forgotten about if not for the heavy dose of innuendo. Why is this giving me the feels?
Cynthia (Pre-Battle) (DPPt/BW/BW2): Whether you bump into her unexpectedly or march in ready to go, you know you're in for one hell of a battle.
Professor Sycamore (XY): It's suave. It's French. It's catchy. What else is there to say?
PokeFlute (Radio) (HGSS): Uggh, I wish the long version was in FRLG or XY. It's so peaceful.
Bicycle (HGSS): Ride to your heart's content. For bonus points, wait until after beating Whitney, and then take a celebratory ride.
Mid-Game Routes (RGBY): NOSTALGIAAAAAA! Especially satisfying after finally getting through Mt. Moon. The FRLG rendition is easily my favorite piece from the remakes.

Sinnoh Route 210(day) is one of my faves. It gets me hyped up whenever it gets to the part when the drums get louder, like I'm ready to go hiking or something.

Sinnoh Route 228(day) is also nice. It's a bit calmer and if I were to describe the feeling, it would be me taking a stroll through a park on a cloudy day with the sun peaking up above the clouds and a nice breeze blowing through my hair.

Snowpoint City was so chill that I actually fell asleep on more than one occasion while playing late because the beat was so mellow. Night or day, listening to that track with the AC on gives me good chills.

Ever Grande City (RSE version) had a similar effect. I could just listen to it and never get tired. If it wasn't Slateport, Ever Grande was the place to go to get a good dose of bells and trumpets. The GBA version has a better ring to it so I personally prefer it over the ORAS remake.

I have a soft spot for Johto and I absolutely love the themes from all the routes and cities but I've narrowed it down to Azalea Town/Blackthorn City and Violet City/Olivine City. Nostalgia is how I would describe the feeling when I listen to these tracks. Pure nostalgia. Has a heavier feel than the other regions, more homey in my opinion.

Lastly, the Kanto Gym Battle theme from Gen III. Need I say more?

(Also wanna mention the Title Screen for Mystery Dungeon, Blue Rescue Team because it is EPIC!)

The reason I connect with the OST so much, and these in particular, is because they're able to make me feel something so strong and I feel it every time I hear these melodies and tunes. Kudos to Junichi Masuda for continuously producing works of art.

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
Top City theme: Celestia Town (Day)
Top Trainer Battle Theme: Cynthia (Platinum)
Top Legendary Battle Theme: Deoxys (ORAS)
Top Victory Theme: Hall of Fame (HGSS)
Top Route Theme: Route 225 (Night DP)

The first anime theme is good, especially the Tay Zonday cover.

Pretty much everything in Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)