EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Rock Polish
- Dazzling Gleam

since no one requested this. i requested it

Something else people haven't suggested is Shift Gear Magearna.

Magearna-Original @ Steelium Z / Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt / Fleur Cannon / Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Fire] / Ice Beam

Coverage is so flexible it's crazy. Steelium gives you a nuke can be Z Fairy if you use Fairy DRACO. Shuca if you have a different z move user in mind. Timid nature so you're not outsped by scarf chomp at +2
+1 on both of these suggestions. Though for the Magearna I'd consider a set more like:

Magearna-Original @ Steelium Z / Fightium Z
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

I think Fleur Cannon isn't a great option for a set-up sweeper, even with Soul-Heart as its ability.

Edited with Martin points considered below. :)

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
+1 on both of these suggestions. Though for the Magearna I'd consider a set more like:

Magearna-Original @ Steelium Z / Fightium Z
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere / Focus Blast

I think Fleur Cannon isn't a great option for a set-up sweeper, even with Soul-Heart as its ability. The Fighting/Steel/Electric coverage is solid, and Aura Sphere is an option over Focus Miss (I really hate missing). The All Out Pummeling from Aura Sphere still smacks Ferrothorn and Heatran pretty hard.

With Aura Sphere (no entry hazards):
252 SpA Magearna All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 330-390 (85.4 - 101%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Magearna All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 266-314 (75.5 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I don't think Fightinium is that good tbh. Also Twinkle Tackle+Shift Gear Magearna is a perfectly viable set and it has a noticably stronger nuke than Steelium does; which is better is team dependent for the most part. Also if you were to use Fightinium it'd be alongside Focus Blast for the higher BP+ability to patch up its accuracy one time as opposed to alongside Aura Sphere.

I don't think Fightinium is that good tbh. Also Twinkle Tackle+Shift Gear Magearna is a perfectly viable set and it has a noticably stronger nuke than Steelium does; which is better is team dependent for the most part. Also if you were to use Fightinium it'd be alongside Focus Blast for the higher BP+ability to patch up its accuracy one time as opposed to alongside Aura Sphere.
That's a good point on the Focus Miss + Fightium Z being superior than using Aura Sphere for the one time nuke to set-up, with the Z move patching up the accuracy problem. In that aspect I supposed it'd be similar to the Fightium Z Modest Pheromosa. I still really don't like the use of Fleur Cannon for a set-up sweeper/cleaner. It's very counter-intuitive.

Edit- Just looked at some of the calcs for plain Aura Sphere (even at +1) and you really do need the raw damage of Focus Miss, regardless of whether or not you choose to use Fightium or Steelium Z. I edited my above post slightly to reflect your notes, too. :)

Last edited:
Mabe something fun with all the fairys running around would be specs analytic magnezone.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Not the most viable zone spread but with duggy most likely going to be banned it will free zone up a bit and with a forced switch the only thing that comes to mind that can reliably tank a specs analytic FC or bolt is chansey.

Landorus - 252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 327-385 (85.6 - 100.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Excadrill - hp fire=gone or down to sash

Tank chomp - 252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 321-378 (76.9 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Hippo - 252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 366-432 (87.1 - 102.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Gastrodon - 252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gastrodon: 164-193 (38.4 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. (Can take a hit but may be forced to recover)

I'm very surprised that no one has recommended Tauros.

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 156-185 (45.4 - 53.9%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 255-302 (66.7 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 177-211 (52.9 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 203-244 (57.6 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Scizor-Mega: 224-265 (65.3 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Tauros Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 211-250 (58.1 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 232 HP / 180+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 136-161 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Good heatah fajita material. I'll list the pros and cons of using him.

Pros:

-- Excellent coverage overall, with ice beam snipping Landorus and Fire Blast smacking Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Scizor (which is important because all of these mons would otherwise counter you).
-- Excellent speed tier (base 110).
-- Has literally 0 switchins bar mega sableye. Nearly everything is 2HKOd by the appropriate coverage move.
-- Decent natural bulk means that it can usually take one neutral hit.
-- It's literally wild (just look at that sprite).
-- You'll probs get a lot of low-ladder rage quits by doing 70% to a landorus or ferrothorn with ice beam and fire blast respectively (adds to the comedy value).
-- It's a fucking bull what more do you need.

Cons:

-- Can't do shit against mega sableye and stall in general.
-- It's a Tauros.
-- ^scrap that it's literally broken and has no counters (why isn't shit this banned?)

---------------
Bow down to lord Tauros. 0 counters=0 hope.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Yo CTC, I saw the Reuniclus TR team and thought it was fire, especially after seeing Joey's live with it. However, I came up against a few Alolan-Marowaks and I basically had to click x. The mon, quite literally, OHKOs the entire team and will-o-wisps the only one it can't, ScarfChomp. Only reason I beat this one guy with an A-Wak was because he had fucking banded Tauros and sucker punched my Phero while psychic terrain was still up lmao
Anyways I feel like you should replace Ferrothorn with something else that gets up rocks/spikes/both but isn't 6-0'd by A-Wak, possibly Tyranitar. It can pursuit the A-Wak or just crunch it's ass out.
[/HIDE]
what can be done is rhelmet chomp > scrf and throw a scarf on mosa. but then ud need giga impact admnt to even have a chance of koing volc. helmet ferro is literally a throwaway. just get rocks up and if they fpunch u let them. after rox + fp theyr a useless wak anyways, even better if blitz

onto teams:
1. barbarakyu. barb needs to be on ho because it cant take hits for shit and is slow and weak and just shit in general. cb zong is cuz its switchins r gonna be shit like grasses, waters, and steels, all of which get set up on by barb if they get tricked. if zong is completely useless w band try macho brace idk, but band booming on shit like a fini or zard or somethin would be pretty fuego

http://puu.sh/u6XZQ/f461eb8280.txt

Request denied: curse gastro is just an alternative set. i see no merit of rockium bulu over the psy fightium grass one. roost is bad on an already mediocre alternative to mosa. sorry but these are fairly standard mons/sets whose combination reveals no synergy to me.

2. band hoopa is actually amazing vs stall thats being spammed on suspect ladder, so i bring u 2 hoopa teams. the first one is volturn, it looks pretty standard/solid. the second is very anti fat, with exca ensuring rocks go up, and should a stall team fail to have somethin like muk to pursuit hoopa, most all stall being spammed on the ladder will get destrolished by it (mind the protect pp stalling). threw on auto steela just for fun, tho a better version would be something like gross > steela and dance gyara.

(SLASH DAZ GLEAM or GRASS KNOT ON KOKO FOR STALL)
http://puu.sh/u7z3n/a1a9cab9c9.txt

http://puu.sh/u7zf8/f957fb6c67.txt

3. passidueye. cid looks ok on paper for trapping fat shit and passing sd to shit that dont usually get sd or an opportunity to use it. this team is kinda weak to ash ninja but its not that common. the regular ninja switchin is tran yes go hard tran pussy they dpulsing anyways

http://puu.sh/uceVw/7065ed076a.txt

4. ningar. gar i feel is ok spexd but w ninja already spexd it can do w a bit more immediate power from ghostium. uturn rlly isnt tht great on ash ninja when it gets the ultimate switch punisher in spikes. i believe that if ur not running a spinner, always run spikes to force fog or take advantage of trading spikes. seeing as p much every gross is bp now chomp gets so much mileage from just switching into shit. many ways to soft check mosa, but that mon gay

http://puu.sh/ucgwJ/6c4640a321.txt

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
1. stunfisk is literally worse than chomp or lant in any situation so im not gonna use something akin to the pre-evo of somethin else.
with that said i still made some shit: wilson fisk ft daredevil
lant counter is xatu, rockium kinda gets a kill but xatu is p saccable every game anyways. its also the zygarde counter. tbf i find xatu a lot more viable than id think. shit team shit sets. taunt gyara to weaken pex n fini and shit.

http://puu.sh/ueY3I/be21268f4a.txt

2. kokobutter sunscreen. nat madness gets off 50 on ferro or some bulky grass/ground. good synergy w gyara/porzingas. chomp is the lure for revenge mosa and ice gross, and ninja while ls is up. play ur mosa like a scarf special or belt, wait for a sack and sub then sarap. no scarfer so dont let em set up yes zard counter is intimidate, or u can slap rhelmet on chomp

http://puu.sh/uf0xE/6e61664bf4.txt

3. lelezam. similar to the lele reuni team, i might even ditch lele tho cuz zam isnt a good enuf mon to warrant another slot to facilitate it. mosa however is tho, so thats the saving grace. modest or timid both work for mosa but im a bit weak to other mosa so maybe timid? fuckit we winnin ties. vs volc thats in on ur rachi PROTECT theyr z firing guaranteed then hard keldeo TRUST!!!! if they qdd there u lose tho but if theyr not shit and fear slam/keld they WILL z fire (actually hard right away they don't expect edge I was wrong)

http://puu.sh/uf1yK/fbb595e205.txt

4. i jus wan a scoli scoli scoli w a dab o ranch. zone chomp gross standard core, mismag to deal w mosa to an extent (lead spex for example), also breaks fat. sub v taunt idk, pain split can be twave too.

http://puu.sh/uf4cP/b08fa6dc9e.txt

Last edited:
Could you happen to make a team with Doublade as a part of it that's not Stall?

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
248 HP / 52 Atk / 192 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Toxic/Sacred Sword

Also if you could could you add Zygarde with it?

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
Celebi was my favourite Pokemon to use back in ADV and DPP, and I always enjoy trying to make it work in a new gen. I've already been experimenting with it on the ladder, but I'd like to see what a better teambuilder can do with it.

Not too attached to any specific set, but the one I've been using lately is:

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Could you try to build around Sand force Z-Sandstorm Duggy-Alolan form? It looks like it would be really interesting to use and could put in some work on the ladder :]]]

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

(Thundurus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Sludge Wave / Smack Down / Dark Pulse

Would love to see a team incorporating Thund-T in it, it's a decent enough Koko deterrent and is mad strong against offense that relies on like Scarf Lando to check Electrics. The set I posted is just a template of what I use on my team and you can use another set entirely if you want but it's probably the best option to do what it was meant to do on my particular team, check Koko, which is what Sludge is for. However, you can also be a real ass nigga and run Smack Down to dunk on Volcarona for 63 min even with Timid. It's honestly pretty disturbing that Thundy doesnt even come close to KOing +1 Volc after Rocks or Nature's Madness so thats how I came up with running Smack Down to surprise people thinking they about to sweep you. Havent tried Dark Pulse myself but its for A-Wak.
I'd imagine this works really well with Koko as a redundancy core to wear down each others checks until one sweeps. Also has pretty decent synergy with ProGren, as it can check things like Tran, Bulu, Wak, and weakens Tangrowth, and sets up Spikes for Thun to clean later.

Ferrothorn @ Groundium Z
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Bulldoze
- Leech Seed

Hey CTC this is is another mon i want u to make a team with.This set of Ferrothorn lures in heatran and magnezone on the switch in.while also being able to 1v1 defensive lando and tapu fini. Thanks in advance.Some calcs:

252+ Atk Ferrothorn Tectonic Rage (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 440-520 (136.2 - 160.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Ferrothorn Tectonic Rage (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 408-484 (118.6 - 140.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 260-308 (75.8 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

got this fuego hoopa-u set my guy

Hoopa-Unbound @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Snatch
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Z-Snatch gives plus 2 speed allowing massive late game sweeping potential. Of course priority mons need to be removed obv but once it gets the clear hoopa will destroy. (Physical set can be ran too but not sure which is better)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)